Overcome evidence success, got a white slip!

Hello, everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we returned to the outside window today at 2 pm to get the verdict on our "overcome evidence" appeal to last Thursday's blue slip. At 2:40 Jun's name was called and in 2 minutes she had her approval. Still holding our breath a little for tomorrow's visa but they've had plently of time now to go through everything so I don't expect any surprises

When my heart stops beating so fast and after we're done celebrating, I'll post the details of our whole experience because I think it's pretty instructive. We met and spoke with American lawyer "king", BTW. Right now I just want to thank all the posters on CFL and especially Bruce and Ken who saw us through some pretty rough moments over her in GZ. Thanks so much you guys!

I think we'll celebrate by having dinner at the White Swan Hotel tonight with CFL lurkers Jim and Hong who we met yesterday. Afterwards, I'm having a nice Cohiba!

Lowell and Jun (coming home soon!)

:D Let the "Good Times" roll! :D

I knew it all along Lowell! :blink: Shaoyun, and I just read your post, and are very happy for the two of you! Yes the CFL has done another great job of helping others bring their loved ones together! ;) This is truely what this forum is all about!

Get your visa, and have a safe trip home! :D

Your Candle Friends,

Ken & Shaoyun

Congrates, Lowell! I hope you good news continues, and we have another happy ending to share.

I would be very interested in hearing you report, as we are in the "overcome evidence" phase. My gal is returning to GUZ tomorrow, to submitt a 2nd package of overcome evidence. She got her blue slip on 12/10/04, and submitted the 1st overcome docs 1/12. It will soon be two months since then. Gees! We have both been a nervous wreck, so any sound information/advice would be fantastic.

You talked with a lawyer? Has this been helpful? My gal was hooked by one of those "lawyers" that hang out at GUZ, right after her interview. We were both dazed and confused after her rejection, and worried sick, so we went against our best judgement and hired one of these guys. They may have helped us somewhat, but Im not sure what they did that we could not have done ourselves.