My SO passed her interview with flying colors on the 23rd and we returned to the US with no problems on the 26th. Details below...

The "waiting" time

We arrived at 6:45 am to find about 100 people in line already. Ironically all of the people we knew from CFL or 001 were in the same spot in line. About 7:15 she went past the first check point and on to the security check point. Note: make sure you have breakfast beforehand because they do not let food inside.

At this point I wondered down to Blenz (coffee house with free internet) with a fellow midwesterner I met in line. By 9:00 am her fiance returned to say he received the dreaded "come back at 1:00 slip". I quickly returned to the consulate to find Yan Lin and daughter coming out around 9:15 with the same slip. All 5 people we knew applying for K1 that day received the same slip.

Returned at 12:45 to find about 150 people in front of us. By 1:15 she was through the check point again and back to Blenz for me. At 2:00 first word of the "white slip" arrived and I headed back to the consulate entrance. Around 2:30 Yan Lin appeared with white slip in hand!

Interview Questions (short white man with glasses)

1) Please provide me with your passports (she provided mine as well)

2) How did you meet?

3) When was the first time you met face to face?

4) Have you been to US before? (yes) When? Where did you go?

5) What was the reason for your fiances divorce?

6) Please show me your photographs

7) What does your company do?

Please return tomorrow at 4:00 to get your Visa and Good Luck in the US. Never asked for any financial information and did not look at I-134.

Arrived at 3:45 to find around 200 people in front of us waiting for Visa pickup. At 4:00 they started calling names and by 4:15 we were DONE! By 4:30 we were 5 for 5 and the Huang Niu (Yellow Cows) had a look of disappointment. Before 5:00 we were on the way to the airport for a 7:25 flight back to Shanghai.

General Impressions

Despite 10 months being some of the most grueling time of my life, all things considered it really isn't that long of a time to wait.

Do NOT lie or fail to fully disclose information during the process or to your SO. Overheard someone saying they hoped this time their K1 would be approved. It was declined last time because they never told SO they had been married before! It really makes me wonder about the other side of some of the stories I read about being rejected for "no reason".

Blenz (center of the island about 2 blocks away) was a great place to kill time both days. The coffee is great and I heard good things about the hot chocolate. Downsides were lack of English reading material (even though its a Canadian based company) and the Internet access is slow. The staff though speaks good English and was very helpful with Internet problems.

Another couple disclosed a GREAT restaurant on the 5th floor of the Henan office / hotel building. Food was excellent and the price was even better (55 RMB for 4 adults). Bring your SO though because you will not find any English here!

Today was the Social Security Office and Marriage License. Tomorrow is the wedding and the rest is "our new life"!

Good luck to everyone else!

Really good information, thanks and congratulations.

You mean this list? I figure at least 10 percent on CFL for past 12 months have this.

Blue slip interview dates

----------------Interview----Reasons

Deekdoken-------02/14/05-----Video/Communications

Quoging---------01/18/05-----More evidence/Wrote letter of support

JPD-------------01/19/05-----Copy of Passport notarized

Leejcandle------01/26/05-----More evidence/Expired single Certificate

Ahhming---------01/27/05-----Communications

maxamilagro-----02/24/05-----More evidence

ChuckandShuping-02/16/05-----More evidence

Alex------------12/03/04-----Communications/Divorce

trvldog---------11/12/04-----Video/More evidence

unknown---------11/08/04