vaccination question

Does my so have to go to a center that list on the cover letter for her vaccinations or can she just have everything done in one of the designated hospital? If she has to go to one of the center for the vaccinations, then how will the doctor from the hospital put everything in the sealed envelope? Thanks. :unsure:

Does my so have to go to a center that list on the cover letter for her vaccinations or can she just have everything done in one of the designated hospital?  If she has to go to one of the center for the vaccinations, then how will the doctor from the hospital put everything in the sealed envelope? Thanks. :unsure:

My darling just got her envelope back from the hospital and told me all about it about it a few hours ago. The paperwork clearly says that they are not required for the K1 visa at least, and hence it was not an issue. The doctor was professional, and although she had to wait for a long time to be seen, everything went smoothly and quickly once she was seen.

I am not sure about the other visas however.

I should inquire more at a later point, but I was just happy to hear that this part of the problem is over.

Basically, you need to have the vaccinations completed somewhere through the AOS process (if you are doing the K1 visa route). I have read up on all of those papers, but since my darling's interview is in one week, I have not ever filed them, so hopefully someone else can comment on that.

Does my so have to go to a center that list on the cover letter for her vaccinations or can she just have everything done in one of the designated hospital?  If she has to go to one of the center for the vaccinations, then how will the doctor from the hospital put everything in the sealed envelope? Thanks. :unsure:

My darling just got her envelope back from the hospital and told me all about it about it a few hours ago. The paperwork clearly says that they are not required for the K1 visa at least, and hence it was not an issue. The doctor was professional, and although she had to wait for a long time to be seen, everything went smoothly and quickly once she was seen.

I am not sure about the other visas however.

I should inquire more at a later point, but I was just happy to hear that this part of the problem is over.

Basically, you need to have the vaccinations completed somewhere through the AOS process (if you are doing the K1 visa route). I have read up on all of those papers, but since my darling's interview is in one week, I have not ever filed them, so hopefully someone else can comment on that.

vaccination for k1 is not required, however you may also consider having it done while in China since this is needed anyway for her AOS after she is in the U.S. It is more affordable to have the vaccination done in China. Make sure no pregnancy in the first 3 months after she gets the vannication.

I'm leery of the idea of getting the vaccinations done in China. I asked Jun to wait to come to the US. I know maybe I'm being alarmist, but with known cases of reused needles, placebo injections, etc etc... even if there is only a small risk, why take it just to save a few bucks?

Correct - the instructions are clear that vacinnations only apply to K visas.

I've had countless injections and blood taking in China (in good hospitals) and so far no communicable diseases. It's not somethign I worry about.

I am not leary about getting them done in China, just about the fact that in Beijing, they charge 600RMB for the shots (that is more expensive than through my university here in the states)...

• 1 month later...

Mine got hers in Guangzhou just after the Consulate approved her visa. She received 5 vaccinations for which we were charged about US $30. If she got those in the US she probably would have paid easily $200 or more. They aren't required to get into the US on the K1 but they are required later for the AOS. As for the cleanliness of the hospitals and clinics, at least the ones I saw in Guangzhou, I went with her and checked it out first and had no problems with them. They were very clean, professional, and up to Western standards. And I base this on the fact that I've worked in the medical field here in hospitals for 25 years. We saw many Westerners there at the clinics/hospitals getting vaccinations and other treatments too. It's not an issue I think.

We went to the hospital along the river for her med exam (forget the name now) and went to the med center on Shamian Island for her shots.

Go in the morning early and the line will be less. Just walked in and about 20mins later shots were done. They give you a little yellow book also.

If you wait until she is here, she may not be able to get the shots at your University as you have to go to certain listed Dr.s.

Getting them in China seems to be the best. As I remember, you will still have to go to the Dr. here and have him sign off on the vaccinations. Ours did not charge anything for that.

When we filed AOS and Yan had to get her shots,Minnesota wanted MMR, Tetanus And Hep B. You get a list of civil surgeons and the clinics they work at.It takes 3 months to get done as one is a 2 part series of shots.The hard part at least here in Minnesota is finding a clinic to give the shots, Many would only do so after she had a 500 dollar physical.If you can get them done in China it is much better.But remember to get the Yellow Card of Vaccinations.It is Recognized thru out the world.Then you have the card to show for proof of vaccinations.

Hope this helps. Paul