Randy W

Thanks for posting Randy..

Makes me a little sad .. lonely, missing life in China.

My wife and I talk about how bad the pollution is there, and how we're so much healthier here ....

However, when it is New Years in China, or I see the pictures you post I certainly think perhaps the pollution isn't bad enough to keep us away.

I am like you credzba - I often get nostalgic and homesick for China when I see these great shots of everyday life that Randy posts. Makes me feel like a part of me is missing in a strange sort of way. The five years I spent over there were among the happiest and most positive years of my life. I can still vividly remember my New Years times over there, all of them filled with great memories. One year I spent the New Year in Thailand, but the other years I stayed in China. That is not the time of year to be traveling. Yes, the pollution is horrible and my docs won't let me on a plane to Memphis, much less Hong Kong. Li and Salina are going back for a short visit this summer.

Street vendor selling noodles

gallery_1846_633_587090.jpg

Pabst Blue Ribbon Navigator (top shelf) and Yakima (bottom shelf on sale for only ¥68)

gallery_1846_633_486466.jpg

I didn't see the Pabst Blue Ribbon 1844, which sells for $44USD

http://www.laweekly.com/imager/b/blog/2458028/e209/pbr1884.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

With the temps dipping below 40°F and WET, Jiaying decided to get her "exercise" by "walk, walk, walk" at the new RT Mart (they're now opening stores on the 4th floor). These are a couple of signs we saw

gallery_1846_633_586348.jpg

This girl was the greeter (I think) at a restaurant across from the KFC, where we ate

gallery_1846_633_631516.jpg

the word "beer" on the label is decidedly misleading.

Misleading in a good way, or a bad way ?

It may actually be a drinkably-good beverage. I was expecting an actual 'beer', so I may have to buy another one to re-evaluate, but, no, I don't think I'll be buying any more after that.

It was definitely a ringer, since it was displayed among the more expensive ACTUAL German beers.