Our CCP wait time - 88 days

Mr. Don

Wanted to get on here and try to be more active now that things have settled for us some. My fiancee, who is CCP, had her interview in GUZ on March 30th, 2012. She got a blue not as expected. 88 days later we got our call back letter asking her to send in her passport for the visa. Thanks for all the help, encouragement, and support everyone on the site gave us. I look forward to getting to help others as you folks did me.

PS. we are now in the U.S. and Married :)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Congraduations. I am still waiting for mine... My interview is Sep 27th, 2012, and turned in the four documents and even my passport during the interview. Last week, I and my fiance checked with consulate, got the standard replied email...

I and he were too optimistic about the situation, so we even booked the tickets, planned everything. Now we already changed my ticket to Jan 24th... and I already quit my job... Now the time is approaching, I guess we have to change our ticket again...

I dont know what I really want from here. I am getting depressed. And it is really not fair to vent to him. I actually did, it just, the long distance is killing me. Special the waiting of uncertainty...

I know no one would have anything to say but wait...

But it still makes me feel better to speak it out here. It has been almost 4 months now... I hope it will come soon...

Yes, those CCP issues are diffucult to wait through, but it WILL be okay soon for you. Venting here is very okay...I did plenty of it myself. :rotfl:

Good luck and have a happy life.

tsap seui

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

My fiance had her interview today in Guangzhou. She got a blue slip because she is a CCP member. And of course, we wanted to be honest and not have it hanging over our head. Her employer practically forced her to join in order to keep her job. She gave the visa officer a signed letter stating this, but he still gave her the blue slip.

Her visa officer told her he did not need any additional documentation and she could expect to get a call in 1 to 3 months. Has anyone heard of Guangzhou getting the additional processing done in as little as one month?

Thank you to any and all replies...

Dave

One month? The US State Department in Guangzhou, China? Well, there are things called miracles.

Good luck to you and your wife, man. Just plan on 3 or 4 months, and hope for less time. The wait sucks, but it does end.

tsap seui

My fiance had her interview today in Guangzhou. She got a blue slip because she is a CCP member. And of course, we wanted to be honest and not have it hanging over our head. Her employer practically forced her to join in order to keep her job. She gave the visa officer a signed letter stating this, but he still gave her the blue slip.

Her visa officer told her he did not need any additional documentation and she could expect to get a call in 1 to 3 months. Has anyone heard of Guangzhou getting the additional processing done in as little as one month?

Thank you to any and all replies...

Dave

There is nothing else the VO could do. CCP membership is an automatic blue slip. It has to go through additional processing, usually 3-4 months. It's a pretty common occurrence. I know of no cases that weren't eventually approved. I know waiting sucks but you have no choice.

One month? The US State Department in Guangzhou, China? Well, there are things called miracles.

When my wife had her interview in late June, the CO said that her CCP-related additional processing would take one month. It will be one month in twelve days; we'll see if we've heard from them by then…My wife is quite a bit more optimistic about this than I am, and I'm afraid she's going to end up disappointed.

• 1 month later...

Hope that works out but I have to agree with the others.....3 months is probably the norm. Anything can happen and some do get lucky. But when I reviewed the history that most CCP cases have posted here, 3 months-ish has been the norm. Good luck!!!

We're getting close to two months now –– thanks to CFL, I wasn't that surprised that processing wasn't completed in one month, but wasn't able to prevent my poor wife from being disappointed. Looking forward to the three months-ish resolution. I'll email the consulate on the two-month "anniversary", then I'll get in touch with my senator a week or so later. That'll take us to close to three months, anyway.

Edited by lhp (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...

We're getting close to two months now –– thanks to CFL, I wasn't that surprised that processing wasn't completed in one month, but wasn't able to prevent my poor wife from being disappointed. Looking forward to the three months-ish resolution. I'll email the consulate on the two-month "anniversary", then I'll get in touch with my senator a week or so later. That'll take us to close to three months, anyway.

I'm sry that you and your wife are going through this. I'm concerned about it as well. I was once a probationary one in college, but i gave up the opportunity to become an official one, a real one 1 year later, for which the CCP should have kicked me out according to their constitution. My probationary one is supposed to be ended 2 years ago already, but still I'm concerned that this might give me a blue slip just becoz i was once a probationary one becoz of my academic excellence. Praying for no Blue Slip!!!

I'm sry that you and your wife are going through this. I'm concerned about it as well. I was once a probationary one in college, but i gave up the opportunity to become an official one, a real one 1 year later, for which the CCP should have kicked me out according to their constitution. My probationary one is supposed to be ended 2 years ago already, but still I'm concerned that this might give me a blue slip just becoz i was once a probationary one becoz of my academic excellence. Praying for no Blue Slip!!!

Keep in mind CCP is not a denial of a visa, it only delays it because the consulate has to get ultimate approval from the DOS in Washington DC.

I know of one member who never gave up CCP, was honest at all interviews, had the blue at visa interview, getting visa a couple months later and ultimately she is now a US Citizen.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/user/2343-mama-bear/