IR2 visa for my adopted daughter in Guangzhou

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after re-affirmed the approval by uscis, whats next? I was told the case will be sent back to the Dept. of State and then Guangzhou.

1, how long this will need?

2, does the child need to go to Guangzhou for a interview (the child was interviewed earlier this year)?

3, if not, should we just mail the passport for the visa?

4, if yes, I guess it should be easier for the hcild to get the visa than first time?

5, do you think we should contact Mr. Marc Ellis for help with the guangzhou interview?

Thanks for your input,

Sunny

after re-affirmed the approval by uscis, whats next? I was told the case will be sent back to the Dept. of State and then Guangzhou.

2, does the child need to go to Guangzhou for a interview (the child was interviewed earlier this year)?

4, if yes, I guess it should be easier for the hcild to get the visa than first time?

5, do you think we should contact Mr. Marc Ellis for help with the guangzhou interview?

Thanks for your input,

Sunny

Basically the case gets sent back to the consulate, and the consulate will make contact as to what to do next, typically they will request passport and any additional documentation to be mailed to them. Also depending on length of time they may also request another medical, and police cert if over age 16.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#A2

Typically they do not interview a second time.

Thanks for your input,

Sunny

Yes, it should be easier, since the USCIS has reviewed the denial and re-affirmed the petition, but your circumstances are unusual. If GUZ still thinks the adoption is invalid, they may deny a second time.

If Marc hasn't already reviewed your documentation and reasons for denial, you might consider getting him to do that. The interview is not an issue.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)