IR2 visa for my adopted daughter in Guangzhou

I did some google search. Some said that they only need the passport to be mailed in for the visa.I just do not understand why they want a second interview without asking for any additional documents. I hope to get advice on preparing the second interview...

Again - just follow the directions. Don't be surprised if you don't HAVE another interview. It doesn't hurt to be prepared, but don't put any undue pressure on anyone.

When they ask for the passport, that has ALWAYS been a good sign.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My daughter's visa got denied on 5/22/2012. We were told her case was returned to USCIS this week. The reason is the Chinese Civil Affair Officer told the Consulate my year 2009 adoption is invalid when the Consalute contacted Shijiazhuang Civil Affair Officer to confirm the adoption. I could not believe the Chinese Civil Affair Officer could invalidate my year 2009 adoption in year 2012 without informing me and the child (the involved parties) especially I am still having the Official Original Adoption Registration Certificate and the Notarial Adoption Certificate.

I tried to talk to that Chinese Civil Affair Officer, each time he give me a defferent reason. I was told that Chinese Civil Affair Officer is now under investigation becuase other people complained him for botching their records too.

I have contacted Marc Ellis for this. I will also prefer to have your input/advice on this.

1, If the Consulate returned the case to USCIS this week, when I should receive the notice from USCIS?

2, How I can fight with this Chinese Civil Affair Officer?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunny

O'Boy, now this is a real pickle.

1) Typical times I have seen are 1-3 months.

2) Probably would require a China lawyer in China to deal with this.

This is one of those cases truly outside the scope of CFL, if anyone would have good advice Marc Ellis would, so you are in good hands consulting with him.

My daughter's visa got denied on 5/22/2012. We were told her case was returned to USCIS this week. The reason is the Chinese Civil Affair Officer told the Consulate my year 2009 adoption is invalid when the Consalute contacted Shijiazhuang Civil Affair Officer to confirm the adoption. I could not believe the Chinese Civil Affair Officer could invalidate my year 2009 adoption in year 2012 without informing me and the child (the involved parties) especially I am still having the Official Original Adoption Registration Certificate and the Notarial Adoption Certificate.

I tried to talk to that Chinese Civil Affair Officer, each time he give me a defferent reason. I was told that Chinese Civil Affair Officer is now under investigation becuase other people complained him for botching their records too.

I have contacted Marc Ellis for this. I will also prefer to have your input/advice on this.

1, If the Consulate returned the case to USCIS this week, when I should receive the notice from USCIS?

2, How I can fight with this Chinese Civil Affair Officer?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunny

Be sure to document everything you do to try to deal with the guy - every reason he gives you and every contact with or about him. Marc Ellis may be able to help you explain the situation to the consulate.

Try to deal with any problems at the consulate THE SAME DAY, if at all possible. You need to avoid having them send it back.

"...especially I am still having the Official Original Adoption Registration Certificate and the Notarial Adoption Certificate...."

As the parent of two adopted Chinese daughters its hard for me to comprehend this---what you describe here is exactly the proof that has for a very long time been accepted at DOS as proof of adoption --- (does it have the official stamps?) Is there a possibility that, as you mention---the individual who handled this process did so for personal gain? --- that is, did he agree to shortcuts to get the document to you faster---for a fee?

The Official Adoption Registration Certificate does have the Official stamps. But, no, I did not pay this personal any additional fee for anything. My friend in China told me that I may not know the unspoken rules there.

I just thought this is an adoption. It was finalized in year 2009. I would never imagine the individual who handled this process can do this.

What you haven't mentioned is what happened at the interview/call-in. The phone call to the Shijiazhuang Civil Affair Officer might call for further investigation - not an out-and-out rejection. Either you were horribly mistreated on two fronts (both by the Civil Affair Officer, and by the Consulate), or there is something more to this.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

the child said the Consulate Officer is friendly. I asked them to keep the case at the Consulate so I can find out what happened with the Civil Affair Officer. I am not sure if the Consulate will keep the case for any longer. I think the Consulate Officer should give me a chance to explain and work on this as I am their fellow U.S. Citizen. Our right and benefit should be protected by our own oversea Consulate.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes it can take several months before the consulate actually sends a case back to USCIS, and perhaps a couple months after that and USCIS will send you a letter describing the reason for denial or revocation of the case.

I would have a lawyer in stand by to advise you and to deal with this.

ok, I will find a lawyer. thanks.

As mentioned earlier in post Marc Ellis is highly recommended.

ok, I will find a lawyer. thanks.

G'day Sunshine....Marc Ellis is the man to go to about immigration issues with Guangzhou. As well, he has a very helpful lady who used to post often on Candle, occasionally she still does. Her name is Eunice and she goes by the name SmilingAsia on Candle, she has teamed up with Marc Ellis and I believe she lives in Guangzhou. You couldn't find a lawyer team better than those two, especially for help with Guangzhou. You could PM either one of them from Candle's site.

Good luck to you and your family, I well know the situation sucks to high heaven and back.

tsap seui