IR2 visa for my adopted daughter in Guangzhou

Hi Guys, My adopted daughter was interviewed on 8/16/2011, got an blue slip. The Consulate in Guangzhou did tell us they recieved all the required documents on 10/26/2011. I comtacted on 1/10/2012 asking for case update information. The Consulate replied and said the case is under Administrative Process (AP). Could any one tell me how long the AP will take as the Consulate did not give any time frame on how long we can get an answer. Thanks. Sunny

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everybody,

Could you please give me some advice for our case? My daughter was interviewed on 8/16/2011 and got a blue slip. The Consulate noticed us for receiving the requested document on 10/26/2011. We did not get any update since then. I sent a couple of inquiries by email, the Consulate did replied saying our case is under Administrative Process but did not give us time frame.

I also asked what they are doing with our case, they said they could not tell us what they are doing.

Should I go back to China and then Guangzhou to attend the American Citizen Hour? or ask the IV Unit Chief for help?

Any advice and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks and have anice weekend,

Sunny

Your going to consulate will be fruitless, American Citizen Hour was discontinued a year ago, you will not be able to speak to anyone.

The only option is to perhaps contact your state senator, and have their liaiason make an enquiry.

Sunshine

If this drags on much longer I would contact Marc Ellis. I had a friend that went thru some trouble trying to get their daughter here, it was always they needed something more ( Which they had everything including the kitchen sink) Anyway one letter from Marc and bingo, GZ said you have your visa.

Hi Guys, My adopted daughter was interviewed on 8/16/2011, got an blue slip. The Consulate in Guangzhou did tell us they recieved all the required documents on 10/26/2011. I comtacted on 1/10/2012 asking for case update information. The Consulate replied and said the case is under Administrative Process (AP). Could any one tell me how long the AP will take as the Consulate did not give any time frame on how long we can get an answer. Thanks. Sunny

You say "adopted" daughter, you mean step-daughter.

One way to solve the problem (if she is under 18) is ADOPT her.

She will immediatly become a US citizen !

That would solve the issue.

You say "adopted" daughter, you mean step-daughter.

One way to solve the problem (if she is under 18) is ADOPT her.

She will immediatly become a US citizen !

That would solve the issue.

It's not as easy as that, if the IR-2 is for a step-child of a US Citizen, even if the US citizen adopts child, the child would still need to immigrate to the USA using a visa, and once in the USA can they claim Citizenship through the adoption, this has to happen prior to age 18

MORE: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=8554a3ac86aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8554a3ac86aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Thanks for all your replies. I adopted her when she was 15. Then applied IV for her. First the USCIS denied the case and we appealed because we found out that the USCIS messed up both my daughter's bate of birth and the date of the final adoption. The USCIS California Center quickly approved the case after our appeal. But when we came to Guangzhou for the interview on 8/16/2011, the Date of borth was still wrong in the Government's electronic system. We got a blue paper.

I asked our Congressman and Senator's help on our case, they got the same answer saying the case is under AP. I am thinking to contact the President's Office for help and also thinking to hire an attorney.

I should visit this site before my daughter's interview. I am too naive on the Visa Application. I think it is a child's visa and should be real easy to get. When we first got the blue slip, I am still very positive that the child will get the visa soon as I trust our government will help and protect their Citizen...

• 3 weeks later...

It might be both (I am not sure). They just told me they are doing background checking but did not tell me what kind of background check. I dopted the child when I was in China and lived with the child for more than two years. If they check they should be able to find out the child lived with me. I wonder if they are doing anything now.

My congressman's office did help a lot. I really appreciate it.

I called DOS a couple of times and was told the case is still under AP.

Any suggession?

Thanks,

Sunny

• 2 months later...

We received the call-in letter for a second interview today. Would you please give your advice for the second interview?

one more question is regarding the call-in letter. it said " pa must visit the consulate any Monday through Wed from....."

I do not know what "pa" means here.

Thanks for your help

We received the call-in letter for a second interview today. Would you please give your advice for the second interview?

one more question is regarding the call-in letter. it said " pa must visit the consulate any Monday through Wed from....."

I do not know what "pa" means here.

Thanks for your help

Call in should not be an interview, more than likely they want the passport turned in so that they can put a visa in it.

As for "PA" I think means Primary Applicant.

thank you for your quick answer, Daniel. Here is the details about the "Final Processing/Call-in Letter" we received today.

The box was checked is "pa must visit the Consulate any Monday through Wednesday from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. They will then be scheduled for a second interview the following morning at 7:15"

It also said that if you have been asked to return to the consular section, you can come any Monday through Wednesday from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. Please make sure to bring this notice and the attached appointment letter together with the passport for all immigrant visa applicant.

However this is no attached appointment letter along with this "final Processing/call-in letter". Is this a good sign?

Can we ask the Consulate to mail in the passport without PA visiting the consulate?

We appreciate any advice from you. Sunny

Then it is a second interview as per the letter.

The call in letter is the appointment letter.

And as per the letter, must visit consulate, no mailing them passport, and as indicated probably will want to do a second interview.