CCP Blue Slip - Delays Delays - Venting

I think I remember venting.

And if it wouldn't have been for the help, support, criticism, and assistance of the boys here at CFL, well . . .

Anyway, 1 blue?

I'll raise ya 5 blues, 6 hours of FBI interrogation and 38 1/2 months.

Talk about rage! :P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venting here will not hurt, and it always helps to get your feelings out. As long as you do not vent to the Govt.. That can only hurt you. As for time frames. people always look at how long it takes someone else. But it does not always seem to correlate to me. You just have to keep working at the process until you win!

• 4 months later...

Recap...Fiancee had her interview in May. They requested and received her resume in July. Now it's December and still the CCP issue has not been resolved. By this point, I'm not angrily venting anymore. However, I might have to vent again if they all of sudden ask for a resume-type document again after all this time. At this point 7 months after the interview, my fiancee and I have gotten used to waiting, but it takes a lot of emotional control not to be depressed about the whole process since you have no control over it in any respect.

...I mainly come to this site when I feel bummed about the whole process. Is there anything I can do at this point to get the gov't to process our file? Isn't it about time?

Recap...Fiancee had her interview in May. They requested and received her resume in July. Now it's December and still the CCP issue has not been resolved. By this point, I'm not angrily venting anymore. However, I might have to vent again if they all of sudden ask for a resume-type document again after all this time. At this point 7 months after the interview, my fiancee and I have gotten used to waiting, but it takes a lot of emotional control not to be depressed about the whole process since you have no control over it in any respect.

...I mainly come to this site when I feel bummed about the whole process. Is there anything I can do at this point to get the gov't to process our file? Isn't it about time?

Although it has now been many moons since we went through the horrors of the Black Hole days of 2002-03, the memory is still fresh. I suppose I will never forget what it was like to go through that particular kind of hell. Your wait reminds me in many ways of ours. My wife had her interview on August 20, 2002 and we did not pick up the visa, even though it was approved, until March, 2003 - a seven month wait. And that came after waiting a year for the interview. A nasty business, indeed. As others have stated, venting can help sometimes, as can a boatload of patience and a good sense of humor. Hang in there and one day, before you know it, this will all be a memory rather than present reality. :)

Hang in there I'm sure good things are coming (approval letter). We had our interview in August and same CCP issue. At the interview, we turned in her Resume and CCP letter of explanation. We recently received final approval (after approximately 90 day wait). It appears GUZ has had all your required info since July (a month before us)so I'm sure you'll be getting good news shortly.

I'm not sure if it helped or not but I had my local senator get involved after about 60 days. She made an inquiry of my behalf :)

• 1 month later...

Finally got the call-in letter at the end of December. As expected, my fiancee had to get another medical exam, as the one she took for her May interview had expired by now (>6months). She mailed her passport with the paperwork to the Consulate in a couple of days ago, so hopefully she'll get the visa within the next 2 weeks.

To recap....August 2010 to January 2012

August 2010: Started Application for K1 visa.

May 2011: Interview with delay due to fiancee's CCP membership. (written CCP membership explanation provided at the interview)

July 2011: Consulate requested fiancee's resume, which we immediately provided. (which prompted my venting in this thread, as that paperwork was not requested at the interview, creating significant delay)

December 2011: Received Call-In Letter

January 2012...will receive the visa (as long as it's not lost in the mail)

Finally got the call-in letter at the end of December. As expected, my fiancee had to get another medical exam, as the one she took for her May interview had expired by now (>6months). She mailed her passport with the paperwork to the Consulate in a couple of days ago, so hopefully she'll get the visa within the next 2 weeks.

To recap....August 2010 to January 2012

August 2010: Started Application for K1 visa.

May 2011: Interview with delay due to fiancee's CCP membership. (written CCP membership explanation provided at the interview)

July 2011: Consulate requested fiancee's resume, which we immediately provided. (which prompted my venting in this thread, as that paperwork was not requested at the interview, creating significant delay)

December 2011: Received Call-In Letter

January 2012...will receive the visa (as long as it's not lost in the mail)

Congrats on the approval, and thanks for the update. We have been in the same situation and stressing over it since July.

Your resume delay is very odd, you must have gotten someone new that didn't know the procedure. I suspect that providing the explanation at the interview helped the confusion. More than just an explanation is required, there is a form with 8 questions as well and three additional documents, the resume, travel history, and work plan. After discussing it at length with our attorney he advised us not to bring the extra material to the interview.

But we were also delayed. The consulate claimed they did not recieve our material, which we did not find out until we asked for status more than a week later. The current process of emailing the information is beyond stupid on their part, it just begs for errors of this type with no visibility that there is a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiancee received a response from Guangzhou stating that the passport with visa was on the way in the mail. hurrrrrrry!

StevePA - Dealing with Guangzhou and ??????? was the worst customer service experience ever. (I say "???????????" because there was no one to ask about our case....The background check was just in processing seemingly forever). The good news is that you two must be very close to receiving the visa, and you'll never have to go through all this again. Stay strong! You'll be together soon.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I are also caught in the CCP glitch. When my wife went to her interview in September 2011, the officer refused her CCP statement, saying she had to submit the CCP statement and resume via email. If anyone wants copies of what we compiled with an immigration attorney, feel free to drop me a line. She was told r paperwork was excellent. We r now at the 5 month point, and Guangzhou will not even respond to my email queries with a form letter. At 3 months I contacted my local Congressman, who contacted Guangzhou. Guangzhou told the congressman that all CCP petitioners must be approved by the state department in DC. At that point the application was still in DC.

When I gave this information to the immigration attorney helping us, they were livid. There is a state department staff member at the embassy who is supposed to examine the applications and approve the ones that have everything in order, and send only the questionable applications on to DC.

I commiserate with your anger, as I am also getting angrier every day. Those of u who choose to insult someone who is angry must not have the same great passion or love that we angry guys have for our wives. U guys r saints who have waited years to be with your loved one, and I only hope it was worth it!

The system is obviously broken in Guangzhou. I have spoken to people who have petitioned for their wives in other embassies, and a long time for them is 8 months. What really annoys me is everyone knows there is a problem in Guangzhou, but no one who can do anything about it cares.

Good luck to all, and may we all soon be reunited with our loved ones!

Idiot extraordinary... next...

i normally remain in the background, content to read and glean what knowledge i can from the wealth of experience that exists here. the unselfish contribution of these individuals to those new to the process is enheartening. you know who you are.

it's discouraging to see the opposite.

The CCP issue is probably a huge pain in the ass to GZ too. Since I know of no one who has not eventually overcome it I surmise that it is a huge waste of their precious time. Unfortunately they aren't the ones who passed the stupid law making it illegal for a communist party member to get a visa unless there are extenuating circumstances. Somehow I doubt any of our elected officials want to take this one on and be seen as soft on communism.