Computers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, since we have had this problem: consider buying her a small netbook for her QQ and Chinese websites. I say this because we have had a lot of problems with viruses and such from these websites and unless you stay on top of the antivirus software it can kill your processing speed. We have two computers, and the "american only" one never has trouble with speed and function compared to his "QQ sister." Just a thought.

Just a thought, since we have had this problem: consider buying her a small net-book for her QQ and Chinese websites. I say this because we have had a lot of problems with viruses and such from these websites and unless you stay on top of the antivirus software it can kill your processing speed. We have two computers, and the "american only" one never has trouble with speed and function compared to his "QQ sister." Just a thought.

That's our case too, we also run PP-Live on the net-book for watching streaming Chinese TV shows.

Loaded on wife's net-book are:

Yep, I tend to vote for the USA bought machine (as mentioned- local tech support) of increasing technological capability. That is pc, then laptop, then netbook, then what's them new fangled phones called that do everything? Phone option is probably out.

Also agree with using an English Language Operating system but Chinese regional and language setup. It's surely a small thing to teach her to turn it on and let the homepage default to her favorite .cn website. Slowly, yet inevitably, she will learn more and more English.

We too limit QQ use to one machine (the wife's of course).

However, wife insists, and I've learned not to disagree, that if she does not click on all those stupid little pop ups or visit 'outrageous' sites,or download certain 'free' songs we do not have a virus problem. This part is demonstrably true. No, or very few, viruses found when her QQ laptop is operated her way.

On the other hand, when the up north friends' teenage daughter visited for a week, it's a different story. Use separate machines.

I am on the side of buying the computer in the US as it will be easy if you have problems you can ask what the problem may be on this site and fix yourself but in chinese you will not know what the problem may be to even ask questions. Also you can look online for coupons and sometimes find 20-30 percent off which is what we did on my wife's new computer.

My wife's friend bought a new computer and brought it to the US and their computer trips their GFI breaker and the husband is trying to see if there is a grounding problem. :angry:

Yep, I tend to vote for the USA bought machine (as mentioned- local tech support) of increasing technological capability. That is pc, then laptop, then netbook, then what's them new fangled phones called that do everything? Phone option is probably out.

Also agree with using an English Language Operating system but Chinese regional and language setup. It's surely a small thing to teach her to turn it on and let the homepage default to her favorite .cn website. Slowly, yet inevitably, she will learn more and more English.

We too limit QQ use to one machine (the wife's of course).

However, wife insists, and I've learned not to disagree, that if she does not click on all those stupid little pop ups or visit 'outrageous' sites,or download certain 'free' songs we do not have a virus problem. This part is demonstrably true. No, or very few, viruses found when her QQ laptop is operated her way.

On the other hand, when the up north friends' teenage daughter visited for a week, it's a different story. Use separate machines.

For guests.. Virtual Machines for the win! Let them do whatever they like and when they go home, destroy the VM or just jump back to a clean snapshot. No worries. :D

XP will be supported for another 10 years, based existing US Corp's presssure on Microsoft, most of the US companies still using XP haven't upgraded to Vista/Win7, this was in the news 2 or 3 months ago.

XP will be supported for another 10 years, based existing US Corp's presssure on Microsoft, most of the US companies still using XP haven't upgraded to Vista/Win7, this was in the news 2 or 3 months ago.

Probably so, I have been maintain a Win2003 Server / Win XP office environment for a small accounting practice.

Perhaps in a year or so we will begin migrating to a windows 7 environment, I would like to at least migrate to the latest version of exchange server for it's more functional web-based email access website.

If your computer locks up or takes forever, it might have adware or spyware. try clean it up before you go out and buy a new computer. try this first:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6339862_run-search-destroy-safe-mode.html

THanks for the link.

Actually, my computer works fine on darn near everything or site I go to, it's only problem is some occasional glitches with Candle. None of which I attribute to the Candle site. It's speed is almost what it is in America.

The new computer is for my wife and son when we go to America, sorry if it seemed like I needed to replace mine.

Thaks again, and good luck with that visa stuff.

tsap seui

Unkie Chop Suie...

So how much money R U going to save $10, $20...? Its not worh buying it in China unless you want to throw it away if it goes south.

Buy it here... Get your warranty here... Get your support here... :coolthumb:

hell...there's so much support here at CFL we could almost call it CFL Hotline! :lol:

As far as a Chinese OS... We got em here too! China town in Houston will offer you one like the lil birdie will say - cheap, cheap Cheap... :roller:

:horsehit:

:dgoat:

:dsheep:

:angel:

Unkie Chop Suie...

So how much money R U going to save $10, $20...? Its not worh buying it in China unless you want to throw it away if it goes south.

hell...there's so much support here at CFL we could almost call it CFL Hotline! :lol:

As far as a Chinese OS... We got em here too! China town in Houston will offer you one like the lil birdie will say - cheap, cheap Cheap... :roller:

No need to buy a Chinese OS, if you buy a computer in the states go with Windows 7 Ultimate, ultimate provides the ability to switch the entire OS environment to any of multiple languages including Chinese, this is known as MUI support, (Multiple Language Interface), and Win 7 Ultimate has it, as well and Apple's Mac OS.

Unkie Chop Suie...

hell...there's so much support here at CFL we could almost call it CFL Hotline :phone1: ! :lol:

No need to buy a Chinese OS, if you buy a computer in the states go with Windows 7 Ultimate, ultimate provides the ability to switch the entire OS environment to any of multiple languages including Chinese, this is known as MUI support, (Multiple Language Interface), and Win 7 Ultimate has it, as well and Apple's Mac OS.

See...what did I tell Ya! - Thanks for the info Don

now bring back yo famlia and on't worry bout them puters... :pc:

Unkie Chop Suie...

hell...there's so much support here at CFL we could almost call it CFL Hotline :phone1: ! :lol:

See...what did I tell Ya! - Thanks for the info Don

now bring back yo famlia and on't worry bout them puters... :pc:

Thanks cuzin's Ugottabe Kiddingme and Dan and Chawls. WInders 7 Ultimate bought in the US of A it is.

We are indeed lucky to have you guys and Randy, as well as the many others who understand these teckie issues and can help us computer "blonde bimbo's". :lol:

You guys have made this decision very easy.

I can't help in much, but if'n any of yawl ever needs to know how to drive a back hoe or track hoe, how to entice and wrestle a 400 pound hog into the backseat of a Lincoln Continental for delivery to market, plumb yore house yoreself, understand what corn is best to make yore likker, how to fit two purdy wimmins on yore Harley with you, or how to run yore plumbin' so's the dodo runs downhill and you have water at yore tap,....then, please, just axe!!! :)

tsap seui