• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While one can get the receipts for payment when you pay online, they appear to not send any notice that the payment cleared nor what to do next. Since I knew the payment cleared I called NVC and they said to go ahead and send the DS-230 and I-864. I asked if there is any preferred order and they said one can send both together. I will send them in separate emails to better track what each email is for.

Moral of the story: After payment clears the bank, send the DS-230 and I-864. I honestly think one could probably send them after you make the payment since it will take a few days to clear.

As another data point of interest; I have had the P2 for 40 days without any notice from NVC. I finally sent them an email asking for a status. In fact, since the daughter's P2 was delayed with a RFE, not approved, I am in no rush to work on one without the other ready. I will likely sync up their processing steps during P3 and then use GUZ email as needed to help set an interview date together.

We got our p2 a little while back from the csc. We got ours in about 3.5 months..very fast considering the average is 5 months.

While one can get the receipts for payment when you pay online, they appear to not send any notice that the payment cleared nor what to do next. Since I knew the payment cleared I called NVC and they said to go ahead and send the DS-230 and I-864. I asked if there is any preferred order and they said one can send both together. I will send them in separate emails to better track what each email is for.

Moral of the story: After payment clears the bank, send the DS-230 and I-864. I honestly think one could probably send them after you make the payment since it will take a few days to clear.

Log back in to your account where you sent the payments online. There you will see the status as PAID and at the bottom you can print the cover sheet. The instructions as to what to do next are below that.

There is a reason my wife calls me stoopid da man.

Thanks cuzin Tsap Bawb!!

Log back in to your account where you sent the payments online. There you will see the status as PAID and at the bottom you can print the cover sheet. The instructions as to what to do next are below that.

Ah... ok. I went back to the online payment area. It is a bit misleading since one simply goes to the online payment and fills in the GZO # and invoice # and that is what they mean by "log in". you see the payments are complete and you can print (and get an email) of the 'cover letter' used for the next steps.

The remaining steps after payments clear are:

1. I-864

2. DS-230

3. Support documents

•  

• Birth Certificates

• Court and Prison Records

• Deportation Documentation

• Marriage Certificates

• Marriage Termination Documentation

• Military Records

• Petitioner Documents

• Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

• Photographs

• Police Certificates

• Adoption Documentation

It appears that they want the cover letter to be a part of any documents you send (or email, I presume). I did not send the cover letter for the DS-230 or I-864, but I got a reply within 24 hours they received my emails. So I'll see what happens to them instead of sending another set without their asking.

Since I need to scan all the relevant supporting documents, it is going to take me some time to do all of that. So I have something to do while I see what happens to those previous documents.

The only thing that the cover letter really provides is the GZO # and the bar code. Since I always put the GZO # in the subject line, IMO the cover letter is not needed So I'll find out how stoooooooopid I am soon

Now that I have it, I will use it as part of the supporting documents.

3. Support documents

•  

• Birth Certificates

• Marriage Certificates

• Military Records

• Petitioner Documents

• Photographs

• Police Certificates

• Adoption Documentation

The item listed above as "Photographs" seems to be passport pictures. Do we actually scan two of passport pictures onto a paper ?

3. Support documents

•  

• Birth Certificates

• Marriage Certificates

• Military Records

• Petitioner Documents

• Photographs

• Police Certificates

• Adoption Documentation

The item listed above as "Photographs" seems to be passport pictures. Do we actually scan two of passport pictures onto a paper ?

As goofy as it seems, yes, you scan the photos onto a piece of paper and e-mail it in. It dawned on me when I was scanning the photos that on the document turn in day, your wife will be handing in the two actual passport photos with the rest of the original evidence documents.

You guys are almost there now.

tsap seui

That cover letter appears to be for the AOS document since it is marked as Attn. CMR AOS. Does that mean when the DS-230 is sent and the supporting docs (birth, police, etc), there is no cover used?

You will also have another cover letter for the DS-230 after that fee is paid and marked as paid.

That cover letter appears to be for the AOS document since it is marked as Attn. CMR AOS. Does that mean when the DS-230 is sent and the supporting docs (birth, police, etc), there is no cover used?

David, I used the AOS cover letter for each set of financial e-mails I sent and the IV cover letter for each set of e-mails I sent for the DS-230, etc.

Had a bunch of cover letters laying around.

tsap seui

Question about the I-864..Sponsor's Household size....If I check my wife, myself and the beneficiary then that is 3 which is right. However, 21F says to include any persons sponsored by a previous I-864 which is of course my wife. That would total 4. That's not right. What to do?

Question about the I-864..Sponsor's Household size....If I check my wife, myself and the beneficiary then that is 3 which is right. However, 21F says to include any persons sponsored by a previous I-864 which is of course my wife. That would total 4. That's not right. What to do?

Never mind......I just read the instructions....DUH!!

David, I used the AOS cover letter for each set of financial e-mails I sent and the IV cover letter for each set of e-mails I sent for the DS-230, etc.

Had a bunch of cover letters laying around.

tsap seui

For others' information, you can have the cover letters emailed to you in .pdf format. You can use this as an attachment to your emails so no need to print the cover letters.

Well, I got no clue what the IV Cover letter is and not sure when they were supposed to send that out. I did get the AOS cover letter after the fees cleared.

At this point, I have now received the Checklist which says they have received the DS-230... which means that I had sent the DS-230 before they asked for it and WITHOUT any cover letter but it appears they processed it. The checklist says the AOS papers are not received yet but they have been sent, so just not reviewed yet.

It's unclear to me what they expected as the proper sequence of receiving these:

- AOS papers and taxes

- DS-230

I tend to think that they expect them in this order since after the fee is paid you get the AOS cover letter; probably after the AOS is reviewed they send out a DS-230 cover.

Since I did these in reverse, I found two interesting outcomes:

1. The DS-230 was accepted without a cover letter

2. I got the checklist without having submitted the AOS papers !

This last point demonstrates that this is a shortcut since in normal processing they will not send out the checklist until both are reviewed; since I reversed the order they sent out the checklist.. which means the checklist gets generated automatically after the DS-230 is accepted.

One thing I clearly overlooked was having them sign a P3 supplemental the last time I was in china. I had them do all the other papers... so it seems, stooopid man has to get her to sign and return this

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)