Just to give a data point to all: we got P2 in 3.5 months for my wife; the daughters will hopefully come soon.

Irony is this: Upon review of the documents submitted, I found my wife gave me the wrong divorce date; she gave the court date. So I sent an updated letter just days ago to let them know the correct date.

In the mean time, I get P2... so I suspect they did not catch this issue... Welcome to USCIS.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At CSC. I suspect that since the actual divorce document is correct, it's a none issue that the date put on the G-325a was not quite right. BTW: CSC returned the documents I mailed them as a correction

Interesting. Mine will likely go through VSC so hopefully they're as on the ball right now as CSC.

The irony to my process so far is that I had prepared my wife so much for a potential long time (1-3 years based on whatever GUZ decides) that she was questioning why we got the P2 came so fast

She asked me how to slow it down

I said since her daughter got an RFE, the government has slowed it down for us... she thought this was smart of them to help us in this way B)

To put it all in perspective, we had decided to try and get an interview timed for Dec or Jan since six months usage would allow them to come as late as June (end of school year). This being her last year in High school we wanted to ensure she had that completed without issue.

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

The irony to my process so far is that I had prepared my wife so much for a potential long time (1-3 years based on whatever GUZ decides) that she was questioning why we got the P2 came so fast

She asked me how to slow it down

I said since her daughter got an RFE, the government has slowed it down for us... she thought this was smart of them to help us in this way B)

To put it all in perspective, we had decided to try and get an interview timed for Dec or Jan since six months usage would allow them to come as late as June (end of school year). This being her last year in High school we wanted to ensure she had that completed without issue.

Since you clearly found the "slow it down button" did you happen to see the "speed it up" one while you were there?

That's great David. It only took my son's application 5 1/2 months, and my wife's 8 months. But I got them through NVC in no time. Time lines, just like interview results are all over the place, no rhyme and certainly no reason. Good to see you luck out and get the first phase quickly out of the way. NVC will be a breeze.

Good luck with the interview.

tsap seui

• 4 weeks later...

I forget to send any birth certificate for the daughter, so got an RFE... then I waited a few weeks to respond and sent that. But they approved in lightning speed. The overall difference in approval was 4 weeks; which was really only about 10 days for return and final approval of the case.

I forget to send any birth certificate for the daughter, so got an RFE... then I waited a few weeks to respond and sent that. But they approved in lightning speed. The overall difference in approval was 4 weeks; which was really only about 10 days for return and final approval of the case.

You'll sail through the whole thing David. Heck, we aren't leavingFushun for home until August 21st. You'll probably have your woman home before we get there.

tsap seui

I plan to delay things till the end of the year. that plus 6 months (if lucky to get it) will time it the best. No rush needed here.

David, we had to change our interview date given us by the NVC.

The GUZ e-mail form was very helpful and gave us the exact date we were looking for. They answered us within hours of my sending the e-mails.

Good luck

tsap seui

Gonna be in Fushun until August 15th

As another data point of interest; I have had the P2 for 40 days without any notice from NVC. I finally sent them an email asking for a status. In fact, since the daughter's P2 was delayed with a RFE, not approved, I am in no rush to work on one without the other ready. I will likely sync up their processing steps during P3 and then use GUZ email as needed to help set an interview date together.