Driving to Shenyang in the early morning for a 30 hour train ride to GUZ... She asks what I want to bring for food and I said 'noodles is enough'... then she asked about the Gou Qi Jiu we have brewing and I said 'there are plenty of Pepsi [plastic] bottles to fill'... she says in response did I want to fill ALL OF THEM? well, it was about 20 bottles and she knows my insatiable agreement with chinese jiu... I told her; who cares, we can buy Jiu anywhere... and then she snorts like a bull and says "who can trust that jiu"... I just suddenly think.. that is why I truly love her... I'll keep in touch

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving to Shenyang in the early morning for a 30 hour train ride to GUZ... She asks what I want to bring for food and I said 'noodles is enough'... then she asked about the Gou Qi Jiu we have brewing and I said 'there are plenty of Pepsi [plastic] bottles to fill'... she says in response did I want to fill ALL OF THEM? well, it was about 20 bottles and she knows my insatiable agreement with chinese jiu... I told her; who cares, we can buy Jiu anywhere... and then she snorts like a bull and says "who can trust that jiu"... I just suddenly think.. that is why I truly love her... I'll keep in touch

HAve fun on the train David. Good luck with the interview.

tsap seui

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently they're phasing these (Online Immigrant Visa Forms) in now for China. Is anyone familiar with the process from here?

The DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa Application & Registration, and DS-261, Choice of Address and Agent, are fully integrated online electronic visa application forms used to collect the necessary application information from persons seeking immigrant visas.

This web-based electronic form will eventually replace the current Form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent. The roll-out of the new DS-261 will be gradual and happen along with the Online Immigrant Visa Application. Therefore, not all immigrant visa applicants will be required to use the new form at the same time. Go to Online DS-261 guidance for more information.

If CEAC provides you with the option of completing a DS-260 (note it may be grayed-out because you have not paid your Immigrant Visa Fee), you are required to complete the DS-260.

If CEAC provides you with online payment information only, you are NOT required to complete the DS-260.

Interesting... would this remove the need for all the emailing with NVC?

I would suspect they will still require the documents like (Marriage cert, police cert, divorce certs, I-864, IRS transcripts, etc...) to be scanned and emailed, only the application form (DS-230 and DS-3032) wont need to be scanned and emailed.

Interesting... would this remove the need for all the emailing with NVC?

I would suspect they will still require the documents like (Marriage cert, police cert, divorce certs, I-864, IRS transcripts, etc...) to be scanned and emailed, only the application form (DS-230 and DS-3032) wont need to be scanned and emailed.

Probably true. Though if they were really smart cookies, they could just allow you to attach them to the electronic application. Implementation would be easy enough.