• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now realize that it is possible that NVC is waiting for the daughter's file.

Anyone recent can say if you got P2.5 with gaps between two files or did they wait for them both to be at NVC before sending out P2.5?

I recently had that very thing David. My son's files got sent to NVC 3 months ahead of his mom's. Yes, I made all the in-effective calls with the concerns that they had to be together, but I quickly realized...screw it, let them process his case ahead of hers. And so they did, then finished his case, and sent me his P-2.5 and gave him an interview day all in the same e-mail....BOOM

They never waited for anything from his mom's files. The NVC operators told me it was becoming routine to have the files separated, that I could straighten it out with GUZ.

NVC will not changed an interview date once they give it. And no, they didn't wait for both files to get to NVC before sending out a P2-5 on one case.

I had plenty of calls to them about this.

In the end it was my former nemisis GUZ who was more than helpful to me and smoothed the way for us. Every e-mail to them was answered within hours.

I found that if you want the files to be together at NVC you simply don't do anything on the first one to get there and wait until they are both there, THEN started sending in your AOS fees, etc etc. They don't care, they relie on you to straighten it out with GUZ. What a system, but it works pretty darn well.

For whatever it's worth from the time I finished sending in all the info I had for each case it took NVC around 8-10 days to send me the P2-5 and the interiew date, together in one e-mail.

tsap seui

I must of missed this... now NVC sets the interview date? That seems quite ambitious of them to slot interviews instead of letting the consulate do it. I think I should be impressed

when you say GUZ sync'ed them up; did they just move mom to the son's date or they gave you an entirely new date from his? Could they of given the mom the same date or she was not processed far enough along to consider that?

I must of missed this... now NVC sets the interview date? That seems quite ambitious of them to slot interviews instead of letting the consulate do it. I think I should be impressed

when you say GUZ sync'ed them up; did they just move mom to the son's date or they gave you an entirely new date from his? Could they of given the mom the same date or she was not processed far enough along to consider that?

David, I was wrong about NVC sending one e-mail with your P2-5 and interview date.

I went back and looked at each e-mail I got from them....here's the scoup

You will send in everything and wait to hear from NVC

In 8-10 days NVCElectronic will send you an e-mail stating they have everything and are finished with the case, and state that when the interview date is established they will contact you.

In 2 days NVCInquiry will send you the interview date and the complete Packet 4

I had to cancel my sons April 21 interview date because his mothers USCIS case hadn't been sent to NVC yet.

I had to cancel the son's interview and tell GUZ his mom's case was to follow and to please put them together. They quickly said they would and to send them another e-mail when his mom had her interview date.

Turned out the interview date for mom was June 21st and son was taking exams that day. Another e-mail to GUZ asking to change the date to July 7th and included the son's case was quickly set up by GUZ. I'm sure they would have inluded the son's interview with his mom's. GUZ seems to be very accomodating these days.

It was so easy it was scary, according to what we had been through before.

tsap seui

Some info if you do not get your P2.5 as timely as you expect.

The P2 will say that if it is more than 30 days without notice from NVC then you can send NVC an email at:

NVCInquiry@state.gov

The subject line needs the Receipt Number and the body needs to include the petitioner AND applications full name and DOB.

In my case, they responded back that they had no record of that case

So they told me to send an email to:

NVCResearch@state.gov

The subject line needs the Receipt Number and you attach a scan of the P2.

They say they will research it with USCIS to see where the file is.

I got another email from NVC. They said this record is not with them and they will ask USCIS about it. A few days later they said "our bad"...

Lulu said that 001 is complaining that many are not getting their P2.5 in normal time. Many are late. If it is not at NVC, then there is no GZ# to give.

I got another email from NVC. They said this record is not with them and they will ask USCIS about it. A few days later they said "our bad"...

Lulu said that 001 is complaining that many are not getting their P2.5 in normal time. Many are late. If it is not at NVC, then there is no GZ# to give.

Thanks David. As I said we have the GUZ # so I guess we are waiting for them to actually mail the thing out. They did mention 6-8 weeks though.

I'm not totally sure I understand what you guys are talking about. Let me see if I'm getting it. Are you basically saying that now that USCIS is moving at light speed, for them anyway, NVC is grinding to a halt and doing what used to take a week or two in two months or more?

I'm not totally sure I understand what you guys are talking about. Let me see if I'm getting it. Are you basically saying that now that USCIS is moving at light speed, for them anyway, NVC is grinding to a halt and doing what used to take a week or two in two months or more?

Yes the USCIS is moving fast and now the NVC has slowed (for some anyway). Not sure how long the NVC will take but I'll let you know when I get something.

Yes the USCIS is moving fast and now the NVC has slowed (for some anyway). Not sure how long the NVC will take but I'll let you know when I get something.

Ha! That figures, huh? We'll just have to see what happens. Thanks.

I guess I am seeing it differently... the problem I had (and the complaints my wife relate) are that USCIS is not sending the files after done. Maybe there is a bottleneck at the end of the process now that the main part is going faster.

Anyways, just a little conjecture, not really sure what is going on except it never was sent to NVC within the timeframe that even NVC expected.

It appears there is some sort of bottleneck in regards to the transfer of the file from USCIS to the NVC as well as from the NVC entering the file into the system to assigning a case number. There are multiple discussions about this on VJ.

It appears there is some sort of bottleneck in regards to the transfer of the file from USCIS to the NVC as well as from the NVC entering the file into the system to assigning a case number. There are multiple discussions about this on VJ.

Almost as if they're trying to make up for the speed of processing at USCIS, huh?