I guess I am seeing it differently... the problem I had (and the complaints my wife relate) are that USCIS is not sending the files after done. Maybe there is a bottleneck at the end of the process now that the main part is going faster.

Anyways, just a little conjecture, not really sure what is going on except it never was sent to NVC within the timeframe that even NVC expected.

I take it that my file was sent seeing as I have a GUZ number. I'm just waiting on the NVC to send the paperwork.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I am seeing it differently... the problem I had (and the complaints my wife relate) are that USCIS is not sending the files after done. Maybe there is a bottleneck at the end of the process now that the main part is going faster.

Anyways, just a little conjecture, not really sure what is going on except it never was sent to NVC within the timeframe that even NVC expected.

I take it that my file was sent seeing as I have a GUZ number. I'm just waiting on the NVC to send the paperwork.

My understanding is that once you get the GUZ #, you can "Opt-in" to the electronic process.. no need to wait for them !!

---

For All:

There are a few potential issues, as mentioned, from P2 onward:

1. USCIS approves

2. USCIS sends / in-transit

3. Arrives at NVC

4. Entered into computers at NVC

5. GUZ # assigned

Stage 1 or 2: neither USCIS nor NVC can tell you squat; If you call them both, they will essentially tell you "we don't have it".

Stage 3: (arrive at NVC) does not really mean that much except you know it is not lost. If you call them, they still cannot tell you if they have it. They seem to know nothing UNTIL it is entered in the computer.

Stage 4: Only after it is entered in the NVC computer can you call and get any info.

Stage 5: This will result in a GUZ # but the delay of this seems unreasonable since it is already entered.

Moral of the story is:

1. Before it is entered at NVC, calling either office will not do anything at all. Use the email I provided since THOSE people will track it down. They will tell you exactly where it is but they cannot speed along the entering. If in fact they find they did not receive it at NVC then will contact USCIS and make it happen.

2. After it is entered in the computer, then one can call and try to get the GUZ # prior to P2.5 (mail).

A few final comments:

1. P2 says to wait 30 days for the paper to get to NVC; else use the email. I think you can use it prior to that but I would probably wait till about 20 days.

2. USCIS does not want to do anything after it is approved; to them, it is 'sent'... But if it is 90 days since the approval date, they will look into it. But this is not reasonable... just use the NVC email at 20-30 days.

3. There is the inquery email and the research email. They say you can only discuss one case per email... BUT, what I did was to see the first [older] case issue resolved (ie: they found it and then had it sent from USCIS); THEN because I had the research folks ear to my issue, I replied back AGAIN and changed the subject line since it MUST be to the case you want researched. I told them they had just found the mother's case and now I wanted them to just track where is the daughter's case. I provided the necessary info. They found it and told me it was "now" at NVC. In fact, the second case was only at 20 days, so it was earlier than the P2 stipulated.

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

My understanding is that once you get the GUZ #, you can "Opt-in" to the electronic process.. no need to wait for them !!

---

For All:

There are a few potential issues, as mentioned, from P2 onward:

1. USCIS approves

2. USCIS sends / in-transit

3. Arrives at NVC

4. Entered into computers at NVC

5. GUZ # assigned

Stage 1 or 2: neither USCIS nor NVC can tell you squat; If you call them both, they will essentially tell you "we don't have it".

Stage 3: (arrive at NVC) does not really mean that much except you know it is not lost. If you call them, they still cannot tell you if they have it. They seem to know nothing UNTIL it is entered in the computer.

Stage 4: Only after it is entered in the NVC computer can you call and get any info.

Stage 5: This will result in a GUZ # but the delay of this seems unreasonable since it is already entered.

Moral of the story is:

1. Before it is entered at NVC, calling either office will not do anything at all. Use the email I provided since THOSE people will track it down. They will tell you exactly where it is but they cannot speed along the entering. If in fact they find they did not receive it at NVC then will contact USCIS and make it happen.

2. After it is entered in the computer, then one can call and try to get the GUZ # prior to P2.5 (mail).

A few final comments:

1. P2 says to wait 30 days for the paper to get to NVC; else use the email. I think you can use it prior to that but I would probably wait till about 20 days.

2. USCIS does not want to do anything after it is approved; to them, it is 'sent'... But if it is 90 days since the approval date, they will look into it. But this is not reasonable... just use the NVC email at 20-30 days.

3. There is the inquery email and the research email. They say you can only discuss one case per email... BUT, what I did was to see the first [older] case issue resolved (ie: they found it and then had it sent from USCIS); THEN because I had the research folks ear to my issue, I replied back AGAIN and changed the subject line since it MUST be to the case you want researched. I told them they had just found the mother's case and now I wanted them to just track where is the daughter's case. I provided the necessary info. They found it and told me it was "now" at NVC. In fact, the second case was only at 20 days, so it was earlier than the P2 stipulated.

Anyone know if the Vermont processing center is having these "forever to NVC" issues or is it only California?

Ahh, the shifting sands of the timelines gettin' through this mess called immigration. It only took my wife 8 or 9 months to get her P-2 from USCIS, then another 5 or 6 weeks or so to get an interview date.

So, it looks like USCIS straightens up their back logged mess and NVC can't handle the new inflow.

With the shifting sands anything I have to offer is OLD news and worthless, but once you get the NVC e-mail with the GUZ# you can opt in on that same day. That's what I did. Now though, it appears NVC is swamped.

Foobaz, just consider yourself lucky to have Vermont as your service center, historically speaking they have a good record. By the time you get your P-2 this mess with NVC will probably be history....or at the least have an identifiable timeline of sorts once again. Just enjoy the USCIS ride for now.

tsap seui

Ahh, the shifting sands of the timelines gettin' through this mess called immigration. It only took my wife 8 or 9 months to get her P-2 from USCIS, then another 5 or 6 weeks or so to get an interview date.

So, it looks like USCIS straightens up their back logged mess and NVC can't handle the new inflow.

With the shifting sands anything I have to offer is OLD news and worthless, but once you get the NVC e-mail with the GUZ# you can opt in on that same day. That's what I did. Now though, it appears NVC is swamped.

Foobaz, just consider yourself lucky to have Vermont as your service center, historically speaking they have a good record. By the time you get your P-2 this mess with NVC will probably be history....or at the least have an identifiable timeline of sorts once again. Just enjoy the USCIS ride for now.

tsap seui

Actually... that's why I asked. I figured being where I am they'd send us to VT. However, for some reason they sent our package to the other side of the country to California right at the time I'm hearing of all these problems with CSC. Fun, no?

I got the GUZ number from the automated phone service. As Tsap says, you have to wait for the NVC to send the email that has instructions for opt in.

I got the GUZ number from the automated phone service. As Tsap says, you have to wait for the NVC to send the email that has instructions for opt in.

Chawls, if you've got the GUZ number

Here is the instructions:

Send the e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov

In the subject line write OPTIN GUZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In the Body of the e-mail write

Applicant:

Applicant E-mail Address:

Applicant Date of Birth:

Petitioner:

Petitioner E-mail Address:

Petitioner Date of Birth:

And attach the DS-3230

That's it. AND NOW FOR THE BIG .....BUT

Although, in their e-mail, or letter to you giving you the GUZ number it also contains the AOS Invoice I.D. number AND a DS-3032 that has the GUZ number and Applicant's name already printed on it. You need the AOS Invoice ID number to start the AOS process online.

Jeez, this immigration stuff is mind boggling. You can probably get by with writing your GUZ number and name on a stock form DS-3032 but...you need that danged AOS Invoice ID number to proceed. Maybe another call to NVC would get that number for you. Otherwise you have a GZO number but can't get to AOS.

Hopefully you just get the damned e-mail from NVC soon.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

My understanding, reading others, is that one can OPTIN ASAP with the GUZ number. That gets you the GZO number. They will send out the material now based on that instead of the GUZ number.

An alternative is to send the DS-3032 at an attachment to the OPTIN so that gets into the system. Oh, I see Tsap said to do this B)

That's what I will try.

My understanding, reading others, is that one can OPTIN ASAP with the GUZ number. That gets you the GZO number. They will send out the material now based on that instead of the GUZ number.

An alternative is to send the DS-3032 at an attachment to the OPTIN so that gets into the system. Oh, I see Tsap said to do this B)

That's what I will try.

It wouldn't hurt to do that David. Looking back in my e-mails from NVC I just saw that they had given me the AOS ID number in the same e-mail that stated they were ready for futher processing of the case and where they gave me the "GUZ" number and attachment with "their" DS-3032.

tsap seui

That's what I will try.

It wouldn't hurt to do that David. Looking back in my e-mails from NVC I just saw that they had given me the AOS ID number in the same e-mail that stated they were ready for futher processing of the case and where they gave me the "GUZ" number and attachment with "their" DS-3032.

tsap seui

It seems NVC serves a standard Salad Dish... it's called a Buffet

I've heard so many variations on this theme over the years that it is a amazing anyone's case gets to the consulate

Chawls, if you've got the GUZ number

Here is the instructions:

Send the e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov

In the subject line write OPTIN GUZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In the Body of the e-mail write

Applicant:

Applicant E-mail Address:

Applicant Date of Birth:

Petitioner:

Petitioner E-mail Address:

Petitioner Date of Birth:

And attach the DS-3230

That's it. AND NOW FOR THE BIG .....BUT

Although, in their e-mail, or letter to you giving you the GUZ number it also contains the AOS Invoice I.D. number AND a DS-3032 that has the GUZ number and Applicant's name already printed on it. You need the AOS Invoice ID number to start the AOS process online.

Jeez, this immigration stuff is mind boggling. You can probably get by with writing your GUZ number and name on a stock form DS-3032 but...you need that danged AOS Invoice ID number to proceed. Maybe another call to NVC would get that number for you. Otherwise you have a GZO number but can't get to AOS.

Hopefully you just get the damned e-mail from NVC soon.

tsap seui

Got this from the NVC website:

What Must I Do Now to Join the Program?

You must send an e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov.

When composing the e-mail you must:

Enter the code ¡°OPTIN¡± followed by your NVC Case Number in the Subject line of the e-mail.

Example: OPTIN XXX2009123123 (where XXX is the petition number prefix - processing consulate 3 digit code).

Refer to only ONE CASE per e-mail message.

Include in the body of the message:

For any petition: all e-mail addresses which will receive electronic correspondence.

For family-based petitions: the applicant's full name, e-mail address, and date of birth; the petitioner's full name, e-mail address and date of birth; and the name, e-mail address, and postal address of the attorney of record if applicable.

For employment-based petitions: the name and address of the sponsoring employer.

If you have questions, please contact the NVC by e-mail at NVCElectronic@state.gov.

I don't see them asking for a DS-3032.

So how do yous do the DS-3032? Email it over to China, have my son sign it and email it back to me?

Somewhere I read about attaching the DS-3032 to your OPTIN e-mail....can't even remember where.

Anyhow, I had some stock DS-3032's that I got Wenyan and Fengqi to sign back in 2010 when I was in China. I literally cut and pasted their signatures onto the DS-3032 the NVC e-mailed me, scanned them, and sent them in.

For your situation, what we did on some other form was was I scanned the form into a pdf file, sent it to Wenyan by e-mail. She went to a copy shop, they down loaded it, she signed it, they put it into another pdf file, and sent it back to me. Presto.

Chawls, I know I read that somewhere about the DS-3032 and OPTIN together, but for the life of me I can't remember, I'm certain it's sitting on my desk at home somewhere...or worse yet, packed for 3 weeks now in a suitcase with a thousand other sheets of immigration papers waiting to go to America in a few days.

I did it with both applications and two months apart from each other. Maybe I read it in Dan's OPTIN section here on Candle, I just know I found it somewhere in my 4 1/2 years of study.....which is so quickly turning into murky mists in my mind. I could NEVER be a Dan or Randy...my memory is shorter than my water spout. Know wudda mean?

THis morning I had to go back a few pages in my e-mails to find what I did with the NVC in Feb and March so I could post what I did earlier.

tsap seui

So how do yous do the DS-3032? Email it over to China, have my son sign it and email it back to me?

I hate to state the obvious... stoooopid man but you are supposed to have this already done and ready to go for the P2.5

Instead of doing this shuffle of papers, maybe you find a signed copy by him

at VJ, they posted this method as valid but the email now seems not correct (?), the new email seems to be: NVCElectronic@state.gov ; but not sure why VJ would not update it???

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

This supposedly acts as a DS-3032 but in email format.