Welcome back Henry,

It's wonderful that your wife got a good job, and then you got one later.

Thanks for sharing your medical experience and the CG in Houston. It's an 8-hour drive to Houston for us, but if Dr. Wang is good, we'll make the trip if necessary. Otherwise, I'll just go with Dan's advice to send in what I have minus the Yellow Book. I'll send a color copy of the Yellow Book just in case.

Thanks, Bobby.

We live 4 hours out of Houston, but wasted plently of time and money on CSs. If I had known of Randy W's CS, we would have been way ahead. Although his office has moved a short distance away, you can still reach him at the number listed. I send everyone there. Plus we like going to the Hong Kong markets.

TZU C. WANG, M.D.

6348 CORPORATE DR. SUITE A

HOUSTON, TX 77036

TEL: 713-988-2711 FAX: 713-988-3418

So wealth of knowledge and information here. Worked my butt off getting my wife her visa and then settled into married life.

My work as an industrial electrician/engineer including several family businesses and ranches always keep me hopping. My biggest hold-up was getting my Dad and I together for several days to complete our '09 and '10 taxes. That is a challenge for us, but so happy to be done with that so I could send the I-485 in.

If USCIS wants something, they will ask. Send what is specifically required. I sent the kitchen sink for her visa. The required for the AOS including only my Form 1040 for 2010, since my income level was triple of 2009.No RFE for visa, but one for I-693. Sure I did not need to send both sealed envelopes from the CSs and we think that they automatically sent an RE when they saw the expired Vaccination record.

Since I was longer than I really wanted, considered sending I-130 and my friends have heard some going straight for the permanent residence and the 10-year card. Not sure how all that goes, but personally we are not in any hurry. Would be nice to skip the conditional part, but if we receive soon then that is Okay and we will be preparing everything now for the I-751 process.

Simply, just enjoying life together. Thinking of starting a family and having her mom come here and join us. So after this process, we will be looking at more fees and paperwork....

So always try to be thorough and timely, but simply do the BEST you can and submit. If they request something more, simply respond quickly.

Good luck!!!

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

So always try to be thorough and timely, but simply do the BEST you can and submit. If they request something more, simply respond quickly.

Good luck!!!

Henry,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and Dr. Wang's info.

I'm like you, I try to be thorough and timely. I like to think that I sent in the kitchen sink with my I-129F and my fiancee's interview too :D

My fiancee is still in China, but I have her Yellow Book and DS-3025. I might give Dr. Wang's office a call and see if he needs to see her in person or can he do the I-693 transcription with what I have.

You said you had 2 sealed envelops from the CG's? I assume the I-693 is in the seal envelop? And your then fiancee's medical/Vaccination was over one year old when you sent in her I-485?

Very happy that you and your wife are enjoying life together and are making plans for the future!!

Bobby

• 2 weeks later...

We're working on getting ChunMei's 2 year green card and getting to send in the initial paperwork. One of the requirements is the I-693 vaccination record supplement.

When ChunMei turned in her medical exam papers before her interview, they didn't give them back to her, saying that she wouldn't need them when she got here. Now we're tyring to complete the vaccination supplement. I've spend the morning calling local registered civil surgeons to get this done. Every one of them has told me that even though the regulations say that K-1 recipient does not need a complete physical if the had one overseas within the past year, they won't do the vaccination supplement unless they also give her another physical, complete with all of the blood work and exam that she just had. I've been quoted prices between $800 and $1000, plus the cost of the labwork and any vaccinations.

Anybody else run across this? And if so, got any cheaper solutions?

I suggest you take the time to read the pinned topic on Civil Surgeons...should answer your questions and point you in a better direction.

Most of us have had the same run around. The CS listed by Randy W and I from Houston would do the shot record review and/or full medical with x-ray in less than an hour for less than $100. Only thing is if you have the skin test, which most likely she will, then you have to come back for him to check in less than a week.

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

There is a pinned thread all about the I-693 here: http://candleforlove...-and-the-i-693/

Anyway, I had to bully the local doctor I visited the office, and pointed at the regulations, namely the instructions for form I-693, and I-485, he quickly lowered his fee to $35 or so, and transferred the info in my wife's yellow book to the I-693.

Note my wife did vaccinations over in China when doing immigrations med, and got a yellow book, which needed transfer to I-693.

Another member indicated doing vaccinations while doing medical overseas and were provided with a DS-3025 in a sealed envelope, which they simply attached to their adjustment of status, this eliminated having to deal with the CS in the states.

http://candleforlove...post__p__577012

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Interesting reading, but not very useful unless we want to fly from Denver to Houston or Chicago. So far I've called 14 different Denver-area civil surgeons and every one will only do a complete physical with x-rays and labtests. We have the x-ray from her Guangzhou exam, and none of the doctors are even willing to look at it.

One physicians office receptionist even came right out and said that no one in the Denver area will waive the complete physical. And I've been quoted prices from $800 to a new high of $1300, lab tests and vaccinations not included.

What a racket!

There was one in TX that would do the I-693 through the mail, give them a call and see if still doing this, I believe $15 or $20.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

There was one in TX that would do the I-693 through the mail, give them a call and see if still doing this, I believe $15 or $20.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

We're scheduled to see my family doctor tomorrow. I found out coincidentally that he's a registered civil surgeon. He wants to do a physical too, but his nurse said he would be willing to discuss it. At any rate the bottom line cost from him is $350 including vaccinations and labwork, and since he'll be her doctor too, at least he'll have a full medical history for his files for when she goes to him for other medical issues in the future. I can live with that.

We went to the health dept in Knoxville TN and got her shots there. THe doctor there was a Civil Surgeon and did not get us to do anything but the shots and a tb test.The nurse there told us the doctor would not fill out the form we needed. I asked the doctor myself and she filled it out

They did not ask about income either.

• 1 month later...

We went to the health dept in Knoxville TN and got her shots there. THe doctor there was a Civil Surgeon and did not get us to do anything but the shots and a tb test.The nurse there told us the doctor would not fill out the form we needed. I asked the doctor myself and she filled it out

What would be the name of that doctor please? Is it Dr. Donna McHargue?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

The doctor name is Martha Lynn Buchanan

140 Dameron

Knoxville TN

865-215-5313

The nurses at the heath dept did not know anything about getting a green card or did not let me talk to the doctor

we went to the 2nd floor and found her office and found her there. SHe was very nice and signed part 5 on form I693.

Thanks

The doctor name is Martha Lynn Buchanan

140 Dameron

Knoxville TN

865-215-5313

The nurses at the heath dept did not know anything about getting a green card or did not let me talk to the doctor

we went to the 2nd floor and found her office and found her there. She was very nice and signed part 5 on form I693.

Thanks for the information!! We are from the tri-cities and there is only one civil surgeon in this area according to the civil surgeon locater on the USCIS web site and he is out on medical leave. :( We have been having difficulty getting any information from the civil surgeon offices in other cities. Strange that Dr Buchanan does not show up on the USCIS locater. Maybe that should be a heads up to people that the locater may not be current. We will check into going to the Knoxville Health Dept to get the shots also. The health dept here cannot give us the shots until Nov. :o

but the Knoxville Health Dept said we could just walk in. :) Thanks again and I hope you get the green card quickly.

• 1 month later...

I read that you guys mentioned about yellow book and 2 sealed envelopes, one of which is to be turned in for visa interview, and that the yellow book and the other sealed envelope is to be turned in later for AOS. But I just called the Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel for the medical exam. They said they would do the vaccinations (4 shots) with the medical exam on the same day. The DS-3025 will be sealed in the envelope with the other papers which is to be turned in to the GZ consulate, and only a copy of the vaccination record will be given for us. Would we have any problems with this later for AOS?

And by the way, would it be okay to get 4 shots in a day???? That sounds a lot!!!

Thanks!!

It appears you are K-1 since you mentioned filing for AOS after the interview. Since technically a K-1 isn't an immigrant visa no vaccinations are required for the interview. They are required later for AOS. Since they are much cheaper in China than here we got ours done after her interview at the same clinic where she had her exam. They give you a yellow book with the vaccinations listed in it which you give to a civil surgeon here in the states and have him fill out the portion of the I-693 that pertains to vaccinations. You may have trouble finding a civil surgeon here that is well enough versed in immigration law that will simply fill out the form for a reasonable fee. Many insist a whole new exam is required. It isn't, just keep looking for another civil surgeon until you find one that knows what's what. That's the reason for this thread, to help people find a CS that won't try to screw them over.

I read that you guys mentioned about yellow book and 2 sealed envelopes, one of which is to be turned in for visa interview, and that the yellow book and the other sealed envelope is to be turned in later for AOS. But I just called the Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel for the medical exam. They said they would do the vaccinations (4 shots) with the medical exam on the same day. The DS-3025 will be sealed in the envelope with the other papers which is to be turned in to the GZ consulate, and only a copy of the vaccination record will be given for us. Would we have any problems with this later for AOS?

And by the way, would it be okay to get 4 shots in a day???? That sounds a lot!!!

Thanks!!

If did the vaccinations with immigrations medical prior to visa interview, the medical center may have done a DS-3025 (Vaccinations record) and sealed this in an envelope for you to file later to USCIS when adjusting status, this allows you to not have to do an I-693. Do not open the sealed envelope.

Yes can do all 4 shots in one day my wife did.

If you do like My wife and Carl's wife, do medical prior to interview, and then return for vaccinations after interview, getting only a yellow book, you will have to deal with a US Civil surgeon later in the states to get an I-693 done, and possibly have to deal with a doctor that wants to rip you off.