Please post Name, Address and cost of Civil Surgeons you may have had a bad experience or good experience.

For example a K-Visa holder adjusting within a year of medical for visa interview should only need vaccination portion of I-693 done NOT a FULL medical.

Note CR-1 and IR-1 have this handled before Visa interview so wont deal with the Civil Surgeon in the USA.

If adjusting from a visa type like a student visa then a FULL MED is required.

Links of interest:

http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4030.pdf (List of vaccinations requirements for AOS) Thanks Lee VD http://candleforlove...ndpost&p=565702

VJ's Thread: http://www.visajourn...nt-rip-you-off/

Age 18 - 64 are required to have:

• MMR
  • Td
  • Variccella (AKA Chicken Pox)
  • The FLU if in season

Table of required vaccinations: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/adult.html

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-schedule.pdf

Better yet, if you can, get the DS-3025 done overseas while doing the medical for the visa, the DS-3025 should be in a seperate sealed envelope that you will bring to the USA and use when adjusting status, see this posted later in this thread: http://candleforlove...012?do=findComment&comment=577012

mm5901-Immunization.pdf

ds3025.pdf

adult-schedule.pdf

Yes, there was a doctor in Austin who would fill out the I-693 Vaccination section by mail provided you had had all the shots, but he has supposedly dropped his civil surgeon status (but is still listed in the Civil Surgeon locator list).

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Note: From what have been reading Dr Arnold may no longer be doing this mail order, however I suspect will do this for people who visit his office.

Last I heard fee was around $20 or so.

For the Houston and surrounding areas: (RECOMMENDED CS)

Dr. Kai-Ming Tong, M.D.F.R.C.C.

16116 Stuebner Airline, Suite #9

Spring, TX 77379 (Off Stuebner at Cypresswood)

Tel: 281-376-8611 Fax: 281-251-8631

His wife usually answers the phone and works the front desk. They both are Chinese. Completely understand the process and do not mix words. What you ask for and they say is what you get. Quick and efficient. $80 for Verification of Vaccinations and $150 for full medical.

Now for my NON-RECOMMENDATIONSs:

Goliad Family Practice Dr. Heard

139 W. Franklin St. Goliad, TX

Tel: 361-645-8235

Will not perform Verification of Vaccinations without Full Medical. $190. Charge office visit and full set of shots even if in Yellow book, if taken in China. They do not honor shots from overseas. Their suggestion is first going to low cost health dept. for shots, since they charge full price. Too troubled by all of this to ask....

Stafford Occupational Health Center and Urgent Care

Dr. Witkowski (Czech and I am Czech, so I thought....anyways...)

3832 Greenbriar Dr.

Stafford, TX 77477

Tel: 281-980-1901

Will not honor the Chinese medical exam (his $60) or X-rays(his $80). Is very FREE with

insults. Does not follow the I-693 instructions. Will charge you and require unnecessary shots (Flu - out of season $25) and (Td skin test - $25 although done in China) saying it is good for the applicant. Very unpleasant experience.

Dr. Tan and Lam

5819 Hwy 6 South, Suite 360

Missouri City, TX 77459

The surgeons maybe Okay. Never got that far. After having my bad experience with above CS, I called this CS. The receptionist would not answer any of my questions over the phone and even hung up. So I did not give them a 2nd chance.....

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

as my last post was deleted, i will say again be carefull, most CS are cheaters

That is why this thread was started to tell others who are the cheats and who are the good eggs. It may help others to find the good ones.

as my last post was deleted, i will say again be carefull, most CS are cheaters

That is why this thread was started to tell others who are the cheats and who are the good eggs. It may help others to find the good ones.

Wish I knew of Randy's CS. Bill and Li Hong are back in China, but tells me her AOS went smoothly w/o interview except for the CS. Paid the first one $100 and walked out also. (Called him a few names that I cannot repeat from the email). So he found another one. He is from Callie, so I sent him an email to share his experience with CFL, since this topic is now pinned...

And Dan, you can delete this post and my last, since I hope CFLers will contribute to this topic.

And posts purely with CS info will help those searching for good CSs.

We are too spread out and simply not enough of us to adversely affect the incomes of the bad Civil Surgeons, but I can see no reason for us to ever again help them.

After talking to several CFL members that have been short changed and cheated by CSs, there is no reason I can see that we as a group cannot prevent this. This site is to help CFLers and saving others time, money and aggravation is one of the best things we can do.

So I hope others will contribute. For some reason, Bill cannot open CFL in Beijing, but will share when he returns to help those in Callie.

Thanks again, I hope others will share to curb the abuse.

Entered on K-1

City/ Town: Joliet

CS Name: Physicians Immediate Care - Chicago

CS Tel. no: Ph: (815) 823-8800, Fax: (815) 729-2178 (1360 Houbolt Road Joliet, IL 60431)

Cost: $25 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Vaccine Transcription only available: y

Turnaround time: Same day appt.

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit this was the most hassle of the enter visa process.

Don't go to Dr. Herbert E. Hall in Lee's Summit Mo. I should have realized this as soon I as I talked to the crazy women who answers his phone. $100 wasted!

Do go to Dr. Steven W. Gordon

4745 W. 136th St, Leawood, KS

913-787-5805

His wife answers the phone and is very understanding and helpful. The Dr. is too because his father was an immigrant so he does this work because of that, not for the money! $100 and well worth it!

Baltimore, MD

Dr. Donald S. Hench, Concentra-Inner Harbor

100 South Charles Street, Suite 150, Baltimore, MD 21201

(410) 752-3010

Very easy and fast. We went in, they took her yellow book, we paid the $25 fee and they said "we will call you when it's ready." We got the call 3 days later I picked up the sealed envelope from the office. Helpful and friendly staff.

Tom and Xiaoling

# Dr. F Douglas Day, Lloyd Center Family Medical Clinic

2252 Lloyd Center, Portland, OR 97232

(503) 282-2502

Very nice doctor, he did it as a service - no charge, while I waited.

The first time I called, his receptionist wasn't familiar with the procedure, so she quoted me full medical. I asked her to consulate with the doctor. She came back and said, he knew exactly what was needed.

Others in the area wanted of course to do the full medical and would not budge.

Not needed as my wife was here on a K1 visa.

This doctor gets six out of five star service from me.

Just a note, this was all done in 2005.

Also, it isn't so much that Civil Surgeons are cheaters. They are just very unfamiliar with family visas. They are afraid of losing their CS status if they only do a partial I-693. Also, when the doctor is familiar with the rules, the office staff who generally start out with has no clue.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of I-693. I took my Wife to see the Civil Surgeon yesterday. Cost $150 to do the entire exam which includes blood work and paperwork. I tried to question that my Wife got all this done in China and he said no it must be done. The doctor said my Wife needs one more shot of Varicella or something and that will cost another $95 or if I can find the shot cheaper somewhere else. I'm suppose to go back Friday because he gave her some TB test. My work has an onsite Nurse and I'll see if I can get her shot done cheaper here. The Civil Surgeon only needs verification that the shot was done.

Guess add me to the list of ripped off people :dsheep:

This was the doctor in Greenville, South Carolina

Dr. Mohammad Rashid, Greenville Medical Care, P.A.

61 Pointe Circle, Greenville, SC 29615

(864) 286-6960

Vinny and Qing

Speaking of I-693. I took my Wife to see the Civil Surgeon yesterday. Cost $150 to do the entire exam which includes blood work and paperwork. I tried to question that my Wife got all this done in China and he said no it must be done. The doctor said my Wife needs one more shot of Varicella or something and that will cost another $95 or if I can find the shot cheaper somewhere else. I'm suppose to go back Friday because he gave her some TB test. My work has an onsite Nurse and I'll see if I can get her shot done cheaper here. The Civil Surgeon only needs verification that the shot was done.

Guess add me to the list of ripped off people ;)

This was the doctor in Greenville, South Carolina

Dr. Mohammad Rashid, Greenville Medical Care, P.A.

61 Pointe Circle, Greenville, SC 29615

(864) 286-6960

Vinny and Qing

This is a good example of a CS not to see.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in this process right now. I live in Tulsa Ok. there is only one

sergeon general here I went to him and he refused to sign off vaccinations with out a full exam of

$150.00 each even when my wife and daughter just had a full exam in china July 28th 2009 and March 25th 2010 at the hospital in Guangzhou the embassy told us to go to. Our POE was San Fransisco

April 6th.

There is no reason why we should have 3 full medical exams in less than one year.

I have a friend in Sacramento Ca. he only had to pay $25.00 for sign off of shots.

I have looked up doctors in Oklahoma and there is 2 more in Oklahoma city and one in Moore so I am going to contact them and see what they offer.

BAD DOCTOR in Tulsa.

Dr. Julio C. Cuadra

3010 south harvard suite 234

Tulsa, Ok. 74105

(918) 742-5617