Now that my fiancee has her k-1 visa in her passport and looking at early September POE, I'm beginning to research I-693 and AOS material.

Here's our situation:

2. My fiancee had her medical done at Guangzhou United Family Clinic, got a seal envelop from the clinic and turned it in during her consulate interview.
  3. After her interview (PINK), she went to the Health Care Center of Guangzhou International Travel for her shots. She was given 4 items: a Yellow Book, a DS-3025 form marked "Vaccination History Incomplete: Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers because vaccinations not medically appropriate (as indicated above)", a sealed envelop addressed to "USCIS (Vaccination Form)", and a sheet titled "Appendix C. Vaccines To Complete for Adults".

From what I read here and VJ, I assume my fiancee is good to go for filing AOS without needing an I-693 or Civil Surgeon?

The only thing missing is a copy of her medical done at the Guangzhou United Family Clinic, which I read somewhere we could ask the POE CBP officer for a copy?

Your comments and advice please.

Thanks!! :)

Now that my fiancee has her k-1 visa in her passport and looking at early September POE, I'm beginning to research I-693 and AOS material.

Here's our situation:

1. My fiancee had her medical done at Guangzhou United Family Clinic, got a seal envelop from the clinic and turned it in during her consulate interview.
  2. After her interview (PINK), she went to the Health Care Center of Guangzhou International Travel for her shots. She was given 4 items: a Yellow Book, a DS-3025 form marked "Vaccination History Incomplete: Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers because vaccinations not medically appropriate (as indicated above)", a sealed envelop addressed to "USCIS (Vaccination Form)", and a sheet titled "Appendix C. Vaccines To Complete for Adults".

From what I read here and VJ, I assume my fiancee is good to go for filing AOS without needing an I-693 or Civil Surgeon?

The only thing missing is a copy of her medical done at the Guangzhou United Family Clinic, which I read somewhere we could ask the POE CBP officer for a copy?

When it says "DS-3025 form marked "Vaccination History Incomplete:" this typically means take the Yellow book to a US Civil surgeon and get this record compleated and transferred to an I-693..

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-693_1.png

(Note C. b. about incomplete vaccination record.)

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-693_2.png

Here's our situation:

1. My fiancee had her medical done at Guangzhou United Family Clinic, got a seal envelop from the clinic and turned it in during her consulate interview.
  2. After her interview (PINK), she went to the Health Care Center of Guangzhou International Travel for her shots. She was given 4 items: a Yellow Book, a DS-3025 form marked "Vaccination History Incomplete: Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers because vaccinations not medically appropriate (as indicated above)", a sealed envelop addressed to "USCIS (Vaccination Form)", and a sheet titled "Appendix C. Vaccines To Complete for Adults".

When it says "DS-3025 form marked "Vaccination History Incomplete:" this typically means take the Yellow book to a US Civil surgeon and get this record compleated and transferred to an I-693..

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-693_1.png

(Note C. b. about incomplete vaccination record.)

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-693_2.png

Thanks Don, but it also says "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers because vaccinations not medically appropriate (as indicated above)".

In my fiancee's case, all she's missing are booster shots with waiting period. So does she have to get the booster shots before the Civil Surgeon signs off her I-693?

Did your fiancee (now wife) also get a sealed envelope addressed to "USCIS" after her shots in China?

Thanks Don, but it also says "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers because vaccinations not medically appropriate (as indicated above)".

In my fiancee's case, all she's missing are booster shots with waiting period. So does she have to get the booster shots before the Civil Surgeon signs off her I-693?

Did your fiancee (now wife) also get a sealed envelope addressed to "USCIS" after her shots in China?

Boosters not needed for doctor to sign off on an I-693.

Age 18 - 64 are required to have:

• MMR
  • Td
  • Variccella (AKA Chicken Pox)
  • The FLU if in season

If the DS-3025 shows the above, then send a copy of this with the I-485 package and see how it goes, USCIS may or may not accept it, if they don't, they will send you an RFE requesting an I-693.

Boosters not needed for doctor to sign off on an I-693.

Age 18 - 64 are required to have:

• MMR
  • Td
  • Variccella (AKA Chicken Pox)
  • The FLU if in season

If the DS-3025 shows the above, then send a copy of this with the I-485 package and see how it goes, USCIS may or may not accept it, if they don't, they will send you an RFE requesting an I-693.

Yes Don, the DS-3025 shows the first 3 shots. I guess we're not in flu season yet, so she wasn't given the flu shot. Thanks for confirming that boosters are not needed.

Besides sending copies of her Yellow Book and DS-3025, I'm going to mention the sealed envelop in my cover letter and also enclose a color copy of the front and back of that sealed envelop in her I-485 package. I'll say that we will present it at the interview.

I'll also be calling some Civil Surgeons. If they are reasonable, we'll get her I-693 transcription. Otherwise, we'll just take our chances with what we got. I don't want to subject my fiancee to anymore unnecessary tests and shots.

Yes Don, the DS-3025 shows the first 3 shots. I guess we're not in flu season yet, so she wasn't given the flu shot. Thanks for confirming that boosters are not needed.

Besides sending copies of her Yellow Book and DS-3025, I'm going to mention the sealed envelop in my cover letter and also enclose a color copy of the front and back of that sealed envelop in her I-485 package. I'll say that we will present it at the interview.

I'll also be calling some Civil Surgeons. If they are reasonable, we'll get her I-693 transcription. Otherwise, we'll just take our chances with what we got. I don't want to subject my fiancee to anymore unnecessary tests and shots.

Sealed Envelope? You mean the one that is turned in at the POE, this contains medical report, and USCIS will have it and is aware of it, this is normal for K-Visa AOS process.

Note AOS from a K-1 in many cases get approved without interview.

Sealed Envelope? You mean the one that is turned in at the POE, this contains medical report, and USCIS will have it and is aware of it, this is normal for K-Visa AOS process.

Note AOS from a K-1 in many cases get approved without interview.

Sorry for the confusion. I mentioned 2 sealed envelops in my original post. The bigger white sealed envelop was for her medical which she turned in at her consulate interview, and I assume it is now in her brown envelop for her POE.

The other was a smaller white sealed envelop from her vaccination. It is addressed to "USCIS (Vaccination Form)". It was given to her with her Yellow Book.

It's good to know that we may not need an interview to get AOS approval.

Sorry for the confusion. I mentioned 2 sealed envelops in my original post. The bigger white sealed envelop was for her medical which she turned in at her consulate interview, and I assume it is now in her brown envelop for her POE.

The other was a smaller white sealed envelop from her vaccination. It is addressed to "USCIS (Vaccination Form)". It was given to her with her Yellow Book.

Then send the Vaccination form sealed envelope to USCIS with the I-485 AOS paperwork, keep the yellow book, for the unlikely event that somehow USCIS loses the sealed vaccinations record, or requests an I-693.

Then send the Vaccination form sealed envelope to USCIS with the I-485 AOS paperwork, keep the yellow book, for the unlikely event that somehow USCIS loses the sealed vaccinations record, or requests an I-693.

Thanks Don. I'm afraid they might lose that precious sealed vaccination record, that's why I was hoping to hand carry it :D

I appreciate your agreeing that I could file her I-485 without an I-693 and the hassle of dealing with a Civil Surgeon.

Thanks Don. I'm afraid they might lose that precious sealed vaccination record, that's why I was hoping to hand carry it :D

I appreciate your agreeing that I could file her I-485 without an I-693 and the hassle of dealing with a Civil Surgeon.

How would you carry it if they decide to not interview? Send them the envelope, this would be the same as if you went to a US Civil surgeon to do an I-693, the doctore seals it in an envelope for you to attach to I-485 when adjusting status.

Again send them the envelope, and keep the yellow book as vaccinations record.

Note: it is a good idea to get the boosters done, or get tested for immunity (Titer tests) for peace of mind or in the event wish to take classes at the local college, the school will require this.

How would you carry it if they decide to not interview? Send them the envelope, this would be the same as if you went to a US Civil surgeon to do an I-693, the doctore seals it in an envelope for you to attach to I-485 when adjusting status.

Note: it is a good idea to get the boosters done, or get tested for immunity (Titer tests) for peace of mind or in the event wish to take classes at the local college, the school will require this.

OK, so I wasn't aware that we might not get interviewed.

Fine, so I'll mail the sealed vaccination envelop with her I-485. Did someone else get a sealed "USCIS (Vaccination Form)" envelop or is it just us?

And thanks for reminding me about the benefits of booster shots. It's just all the talk about "bad and ugly CS" that makes me want to avoid them :)

Fine, so I'll mail the sealed vaccination envelop with her I-485. Did someone else get a sealed "USCIS (Vaccination Form)" envelop or is it just us?

And thanks for reminding me about the benefits of booster shots. It's just all the talk about "bad and ugly CS" that makes me want to avoid them :)

You are one of the rare ones to post getting this envelope in China, and in all K-1 cases i would recommend doing what you did to avoid having to visit a CS in the states.

Also, you do not need to visit a CS to do the boosters, shop around, your family doc can do them, or try the clinic, or health dept, some may be done for free.

Been away for awhile adjusting and enjoying married life for the first time and especially with a wonderful Chinese woman.

Here is the skinny. Last year my wife was able to find better employment than I could. Did not want her to work early, but she had more opportunities in a career change. So we did the shot record review after a lot of hassles with Civil Surgeons. And Dan helped us get this topic started and pinned.

Fortunately I got a good job soon after. So I waited until I had my income back up with work history to send I-485. In our application, I sent both records. Both sealed envelopes for shots and medical exam, since my wife's had expired.

So last month, I received my first RE in the process for an expired medical. Simply called the USCIS and followed up with a letter and copy of exam explaining situation. Now our I-485 is in Cali.

Way back in the process Bobby I remember reading that most K-1s do not interview to adjust status and if your app is sent to Cali that is a good thing for us in Texas meaning no interview. So keeping my fingers crossed.

And if you are near the Houston area do not waste your time going anywhere but where Randy suggested in the beginning of this thread. See Dr. TZU Wang. Quick, inexpensive and thorough.

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

You are one of the rare ones to post getting this envelope in China, and in all K-1 cases i would recommend doing what you did to avoid having to visit a CS in the states.

Also, you do not need to visit a CS to do the boosters, shop around, your family doc can do them, or try the clinic, or health dept, some may be done for free.

Dan, our Guangzhou medical experience was one-of-a-kind from day 1 :D It caused us unnecessary anxiety for 4 days if you read my post :)

So I'm not surprised I'm among the rare ones to have the sealed vaccination envelop. No wonder no one knows what I'm talking about :D

Your advice is valuable: getting booster shots at family doctor's or health department.

It is reassuring and comforting to have you agree with my wanting to avoid Civil Surgeons in the States.

Been away for awhile adjusting and enjoying married life for the first time and especially with a wonderful Chinese woman.

Here is the skinny. Last year my wife was able to find better employment than I could. Did not want her to work early, but she had more opportunities in a career change. So we did the shot record review after a lot of hassles with Civil Surgeons. And Dan helped us get this topic started and pinned.

Fortunately I got a good job soon after. So I waited until I had my income back up with work history to send I-485. In our application, I sent both records. Both sealed envelopes for shots and medical exam, since my wife's had expired.

So last month, I received my first RE in the process for an expired medical. Simply called the USCIS and followed up with a letter and copy of exam explaining situation. Now our I-485 is in Cali.

Way back in the process Bobby I remember reading that most K-1s do not interview to adjust status and if your app is sent to Cali that is a good thing for us in Texas meaning no interview. So keeping my fingers crossed.

And if you are near the Houston area do not waste your time going anywhere but where Randy suggested in the beginning of this thread. See Dr. TZU Wang. Quick, inexpensive and thorough.

Welcome back Henry,

It's wonderful that your wife got a good job, and then you got one later.

Thanks for sharing your medical experience and the CG in Houston. It's an 8-hour drive to Houston for us, but if Dr. Wang is good, we'll make the trip if necessary. Otherwise, I'll just go with Dan's advice to send in what I have minus the Yellow Book. I'll send a color copy of the Yellow Book just in case.