What would happen if I brought back DVD's?

The are gonna stand there and shake their heads. Then they're gonna get the rope... :D

If they don't get the rope, I think if they aren't bootlegs, you might be ok.

However, I do recall this has been asked before, but I don't recall the answer.

They make you sit there and watch every one. Seriously, it's been done without any problem. If someone noticed they were bootleg, t's unlikely that anything would be done as long as they weren't in commercial quantities (enough to open a store with).

Wanna trade? I just got Avatar!

I have many Dvd's I got here.... :phone1: If I bring them back and they find them in my bag do I get in trouble or do they just take em away?

I wont try to hide them I would just have them in my bag.

I think the correct term is "drawn and quartered." :coolthumb:

Seriously, I doubt if you would have much of an issue. I brought back 160+ DVD's. We went through Portland POE and even got spot checked. They busted the gal behind us for trying to sneak in meat. They fined her a hundred dollars. They never said nothing to us, except have a nice day. The secret is don't try and hide them. Take them out of the original package. Go buy some notebook style DVD cases. Make them look like what they are, your personal collection.

I have many Dvd's I got here....:coolthumb: If I bring them back and they find them in my bag do I get in trouble or do they just take em away?

Son...I say son, if they find them, they will wack your peepee!!

tsap seui

I have many Dvd's I got here....:coolthumb: If I bring them back and they find them in my bag do I get in trouble or do they just take em away?

Haven't you see the police patroling the airports with dogs? Some are drug dogs, but some are "DVD Dawgs". Do they ever look in your bags?

Jingjing and I are only bringing back our legitimately bought DVD's (which are still less expensive than US bought DVD's - bought in chain department stores such as Wal-Mart, etc - my wife is anal enough to actually keep the receipts). We've actually been looking to buy a copy of 武林外转。 If you're interested in buying DVD's for your wife, we've found a lot of Chinese DVD's on ebay. Most of them are region 6 though, so you'll need a region free DVD player.

I think though, in the end (for those bought on the street corner), it is a conscience issue. For that, you'll have to decide for yourself. If you're asking "Will the Border Folks let me bring back DVDs that I know are pirated" well, at least for Jingjing and I, we're not going to risk it. I'd hate to be the one person they decide to make an example of.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)