Holding on to the Dream

Feathers268

Kim all those attrocities that happened in a war that ended 65 years ago don't make it alright to hate an entire nation of people just because they are Japanese. I have read articles that claim more people died at the hands of Mao's red guard during the cultural revolution than were killed by the Japanese during WW-2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl, just describing the family perspective, and to some degree, the Nation's ...

Its still within a living generation.. but it is also true that the latest of our family generation----my brilliant 24 yo niece, with her degree in international communications, and of her fluency in---count em' --four languages----one of which is Japanese, and she has been to Japan, and likes it, and the culture...

Carl, just describing the family perspective, and to some degree, the Nation's ...

Its still within a living generation.. but it is also true that the latest of our family generation----my brilliant 24 yo niece, with her degree in international communications, and of her fluency in---count em' --four languages----one of which is Japanese, and she has been to Japan, and likes it, and the culture...

I speak English, Spanish and Pig Latin B)

Yes, NewDay, you have identified some hot spots in China for residual hatred of the Japanese, but the whole occupation was so brutal, that all except the most remote areas were affected.

Last year, I read a book, or I tried to read a book call the "Rape of Nanking"... I couldn't finish it, it was too brutal, unbeleivable. Just to think of it now still makes my stomach sick. It still brings tears to my eyes how humans can be so cruel to each other. Books likes "Before the Mayflower" made me very angry of the history of Blacks in this country.

By the Grace of God, I don't feel a lot of what I felt years ago. Prayer and people teaching thier children to respect all people may make the world better as we go forward.

I think sitting, fellowshipping and praying with people like Chawlz and his lovely wife is a move in the right direction.

2 of the people I wanted to meet in my life was Jimmy Carter and Kareem Abdul Jabbar... in the last 7-8 ears I was in the room with both...Jimmy Carter left me with the better impression when I was in Plains, Ga.... when I was in the area in Plains Ga, then, I went to a meeting with the founder of Habitat for Humanity, Lilard Filmore I beleive and he spoke of the situation of the races in the United States... He asked the question, how may of us share a meal with a person of another race.... we all do every night, but that is because of love.... yesterday, I had the priveledge to do sobecause my wife and Chawlz wanted to meet. I found Chawlz to be engaging and a very intellgent man. In my understanding he has had negative encounters with black people, but I felt most welcome and respected in his home.

My point? I don't know, but we all have an opportunity with our time left on this rock to do something positive to help mankind. Do wait...Just Do it !!

"...Last year, I read a book, or I tried to read a book call the "Rape of Nanking"... I couldn't finish it, it was too brutal......."

Same here---plus, the author, and ABC I believe, committed suicide... tragic epilogue .... although she had a long history of deep depression....

You are right, Iris Chang, it happened a few years ago after I read her book, she pulled her car off to a quiet place and ...BOOM!!

I had a encounter with a man when I was in the Air Force over thirty years ago. We were in a small country in SE Asia. We were both trying to not get blown to bits. He was clearly a descendant of African people, and I, a descendant of Anglo's. He was doing everything he could to protect his fellow soldiers, if they were of the same ancestry. Those that were not, were systematically pushed out of the cover we were under as others were moved in. I wasn't about to be pushed out and as he spouted some racially explicit comment to/at me, I took out my knife and sliced the hell out of his hand. Then I did the same to mine and I grabbed his hand and held on tight. After a bit, I let go and I asked him..which is your blood and which is mine? Some of his buddies laughed at him...he got pissed..he also stabbed me as payback...but he found a new respect for me and we all fought on the same side the rest of the night...and we ALL went back to base in the morning under our own power!

Those of you who don't know this...I will enlighten you..we are all of one set of parents...Adam and Eve...color of skin, physical features, skeletal structure...all are the results of thousands and thousands of years of environmental influence and diet...we all have the same number of bones, one heart, one liver, two kidneys, red blood, and fragile egos...

I had a encounter with a man when I was in the Air Force over thirty years ago. We were in a small country in SE Asia. We were both trying to not get blown to bits. He was clearly a descendant of African people, and I, a descendant of Anglo's. He was doing everything he could to protect his fellow soldiers, if they were of the same ancestry. Those that were not, were systematically pushed out of the cover we were under as others were moved in. I wasn't about to be pushed out and as he spouted some racially explicit comment to/at me, I took out my knife and sliced the hell out of his hand. Then I did the same to mine and I grabbed his hand and held on tight. After a bit, I let go and I asked him..which is your blood and which is mine? Some of his buddies laughed at him...he got pissed..he also stabbed me as payback...but he found a new respect for me and we all fought on the same side the rest of the night...and we ALL went back to base in the morning under our own power!

Those of you who don't know this...I will enlighten you..we are all of one set of parents...Adam and Eve...color of skin, physical features, skeletal structure...all are the results of thousands and thousands of years of environmental influence and diet...we all have the same number of bones, one heart, one liver, two kidneys, red blood, and fragile egos...

Very good post.

• 2 weeks later...

As a country we have come a long way in the past 150 years or more on this topic. My own grandmother had a black cat. Yep, she named it the "N" word. Albeit a small one in the city where I grew up it was unofficially official that we couldn't go downtown on saturday mornings. That was way before we had a shopping center let alone a mall. No sir, we had to wait until the afternoon if we wanted to go to town. I've only been on this planet for 56 years but I thank God for whatever progress there has been. Some of you may remember a time in our own American history when we (the guys here on CFL) would never have even dreamed of marrying a Chinese woman. We would actually have owned them instead. Sad but true. That's the way it was.

Guest Liuling

As a country we have come a long way in the past 150 years or more on this topic. My own grandmother had a black cat. Yep, she named it the "N" word. Albeit a small one in the city where I grew up it was unofficially official that we couldn't go downtown on saturday mornings. That was way before we had a shopping center let alone a mall. No sir, we had to wait until the afternoon if we wanted to go to town. I've only been on this planet for 56 years but I thank God for whatever progress there has been. Some of you may remember a time in our own American history when we (the guys here on CFL) would never have even dreamed of marrying a Chinese woman. We would actually have owned them instead. Sad but true. That's the way it was.

One of the two founders of this board is half black for those that do not know. The board was founded to aid each other in getting their loved ones here due to the Bush administration claiming that China was considered a Terrorist country. Ergo, the black hole.....

"...One of the two founders of this board is half black for those that do not know. The board was founded to aid each other in getting their loved ones here due to the Bush administration claiming that China was considered a Terrorist country. Ergo, the black hole....."

In the interest of accuracy, I have to comment here.. I was in China days before 911, to secure the adoption of my second daughter from China.

Remember, after 911, all flights stopped. Most certainly, those shocking events in NY and DC had a profound affect on the psyche of the US State Department, as it did on the whole Nation.

The Black Hole was the result of bureaucratic paralysis, not the suggestion that China could have been involved in the terrorism of 911.

In fact, China was recognized, early on, as an asset in the fight of Muslim terrorism --- as we now know full well from the Uighur riots..

Guest Liuling

"...One of the two founders of this board is half black for those that do not know. The board was founded to aid each other in getting their loved ones here due to the Bush administration claiming that China was considered a Terrorist country. Ergo, the black hole....."

In the interest of accuracy, I have to comment here.. I was in China days before 911, to secure the adoption of my second daughter from China.

Remember, after 911, all flights stopped. Most certainly, those shocking events in NY and DC had a profound affect on the psyche of the US State Department, as it did on the whole Nation.

The Black Hole was the result of bureaucratic paralysis, not the suggestion that China could have been involved in the terrorism of 911.

In fact, China was recognized, early on, as an asset in the fight of Muslim terrorism --- as we now know full well from the Uighur riots..

In the interest of accuracy and your inaccuracy, China, Cuba, and Russia were classified as "Terrorist Contries" by the Bush Administration after 9/11. As usual, history has a way of being distorted by BS artists who have their own agenda.

Edited by Liuling (see edit history)

If you can, watch a movie on Hulu, its called " Nanking ", if you can stomich it.

Very sad, but you will understand some of what the Chinese feel for Japan.

The Japanese where pretty darn brutal not just to the chinese during WWII, takes time for those sort of actions to be forgivin,and some never will.