Holding on to the Dream

Feathers268

The Germans were on same side as the Japanese, why don't Chinese hate Germans too? The war was 65 years ago. Most of those responsible for the atrocities are dead. What few are left are doddering old fools. Hating a nation's whole population based solely on their citizenship is nothing short of racism/bigotry. Wrong is still wrong.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tony n Terrific

The Germans were on same side as the Japanese, why don't Chinese hate Germans too? The war was 65 years ago. Most of those responsible for the atrocities are dead. What few are left are doddering old fools. Hating a nation's whole population based solely on their citizenship is nothing short of racism/bigotry. Wrong is still wrong.

Carl, the Japanese invaded, raped, pillaged and plundered China. My guess is a lot of Chinese didn't even know where Germany was.

Look at the middle east if you want to see long held hatred. They've been going at it for thousands of years.

The animosity toward the North pervaded the South until the outbreak of WW2. It takes along time to forget. Generally lasts for 3 generations.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

As a country we have come a long way in the past 150 years or more on this topic. My own grandmother had a black cat. Yep, she named it the "N" word.

We have come a very long way. No need to share any of my stories here as a BIA, but there were many sad stories.... I did have to shake my head about the cat.... :huh: ... but at the same time, I must laugh too. I can just imagine your grandmother calling him. :ph34r: ... Many people just inherited these negative thought and feelings from generations before.

Carl, the Japanese invaded, raped, pillaged and plundered China. My guess is a lot of Chinese didn't even know where Germany was.

Look at the middle east if you want to see long held hatred. They've been going at it for thousands of years.

Yes you are right Don. I have never said the Japanese government wasn't responsible for many horrors. The middle east has been a hot bed of hatred for 1000 years and likely will for another 1000. Justifying hatred based on past generations mistakes still isn't right. Should Native Americans continue to hate white Americans because we stole their land and intentionally tried to kill them off with disease ridden blankets? Should native Hawaiians hate the mainland for unseating their legitimate monarch and stealing their land? Where do we draw the line?

When we dehumanize people by creating an us vs them mentality we no longer see them as individual human beings with feelings, needs and desires just like us.

Wrong is wrong no matter how people try to justify it.

"....In the interest of accuracy and your inaccuracy, China, Cuba, and Russia were classified as "Terrorist Contries" by the Bush Administration after 9/11. As usual, history has a way of being distorted by BS artists who have their own agenda...."

Liuling, Are you confusing China with the 'Axis of Evil" designation here???

I can't for the life of me figure out what you're talking about... "Terrorist Contries" (sic) when so labeled by the US State Department, can't have diplomatic ties with the US.

Yet, in early 2002, after the bloody Uighur attack on a police station in Xinjiang----The US Ambassador to China, Clark Randt Jr. made a special trip to Xinjiang specifically to congratulate the PLA and local officals for repelling the attack, and restoring Chinese law.

Perhaps you are confusing the East Turkistan Separatist Movement, which has (rightfully) been designated a terrorist organization by the US State Department ----with all of China.

"as usual, history has a way of being distorted by BS artists who have their own agenda...." -------INDEED ~!