Evolution of Relationship letter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have it notorized.....

What is this evidence of relationship letter I keep hearing people talk about? Is this required, or just part of the "kitchen sink?"

It basically tells in detial about your relationship from begining to present.....how you met...etc... with pictures and other evidence. It should be one of the first things that your SO gives the Vo at the begining of the interview so the VO can read it.

I am not going to be able to be with my fiancee at the interview (whenever that may be). Do I need to have the EOR notorized or is it ok to just sign it?

Thanks

Robert

Have your signature notarized.

Chilton747, Do you live in Cobb county? My daughter lives in Kennesaw

Edited by 3timescharm (see edit history)

have it notorized.....

What is this evidence of relationship letter I keep hearing people talk about? Is this required, or just part of the "kitchen sink?"

It basically tells in detial about your relationship from begining to present.....how you met...etc... with pictures and other evidence. It should be one of the first things that your SO gives the Vo at the begining of the interview so the VO can read it.

What I did was write an evolution of letter and submitted it with my original application, then, wrote a new and updated one, got it notorized at ACS and my lady gave it to the VO along with my passport when she walked up to the interview window.

Oppps....the VO handed back our evolution of relationship letter and my passport...refused to look at them...some folks just ain't lucky :lol:

tsap seui

yes, the following fate is expected:

1. best case is submit with petition;

2. second hope is they take it at interivew;

3. third wish is they define it clearly for overcome since they refuse it at interview

4. fourth is that it's unfortunate the white slip comes without the chance to show any EOR... wish step #1 had been done... and sometimes... it doesn't seem to matter....

My first EOR was signed and notarized here in the US. It went with our original application. After our blue (#@$%*!), I was asked to write a second and more detailed EOR. For the second letter I added pictures to relate with the text of the letter. I also had this one notarized here in the US and mailed. Seemed to work, we just got PINK !!!

Best of luck,

Ning and Jim...

This may be a stupid question, but does a multi-page EOR letter count as a single document with a single notarized "signature/seal"? Should additional pages just be initialed?

I'd hate to end up paying $30 a page to have the thing notarized.

From GUZ website:

Fees:

Notarials/Certified Copies:

$30.00 for the first signature/seal

$20.00 for each additional signature/seal, if the documents are used for the same purpose

I am not going to be able to be with my fiancee at the interview (whenever that may be). Do I need to have the EOR notorized or is it ok to just sign it?

Thanks

Robert

Have your signature notarized.

Chilton747, Do you live in Cobb county? My daughter lives in Kennesaw

South Fulton county, not far from the airport.

LOL,

1 page?

I don't think that will cover the entire courtship. For what's it's worth, write the EOR as you see fit (start to finish in detail). Mine was 4 pages via computer, 8 pages hand-written. I also sent it to GUZ via email, this I hoped to insured that they (GUZ) did read the EOR before the interview, plus it does get added to your petition file and GUZ has to respond to the email.

Just make to have both the computer and hand-written EOR notarized at your local bank, don't sign them until your ready to notarized them at the bank. By the way it's free or they may charge a small fee, why pay GUZ ($30) to have them notarized there?

Guest ShaQuaNew

keep it to 1 page

LOL,

1 page?

I don't think that will cover the entire courtship. For what's it's worth, write the EOR as you see fit (start to finish in detail). Mine was 4 pages via computer, 8 pages hand-written. I also sent it to GUZ via email, this I hoped to insured that they (GUZ) did read the EOR before the interview, plus it does get added to your petition file and GUZ has to respond to the email.

Just make to have both the computer and hand-written EOR notarized at your local bank, don't sign them until your ready to notarized them at the bank. By the way it's free or they may charge a small fee, why pay GUZ ($30) to have them notarized there?

Sure you can do it in one-page:

Date 1: Met on a chat line

Date 2: Went to China

Date 3: Met

Date 4: Got married

Just don't expect good results....

:rolleyes: