August Interview group

Guest shutterbug

...Luckily I printed out stuff I have saved on computer when we get our pink Im gonna ditch a lot of the paper load I can print it later if I need it....

After the pink, just don't try to set the stack of paper on fire in the hotel bathroom :cheering:

Good luck!

Edited by shutterbug (see edit history)
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

katnreno,

(how many times can you change your picture??)........................

This is merely the result of idles hands waiting for the interview. :whistling:

1. Lord of the Rings (trilogy, extended version)

2. Kill Bill (vol 1 and 2)

3. tsap seui - 12 step process

thread under: Consulate Process: P-3 ~ Interview: I'm kinda' snapp'n out here ! ! ! ! !, is anyone waiting for interview date???

4. see how many emoticons you can work into a story!!

any other ideas???

B)

katnreno,

(how many times can you change your picture??)

8/18 was supposed to be the day for my interview. I requested it in April...I mean ...I projected it :P

I knew the interview had good probability of August if I was on the ball with paperwork. I picked 18 because ..well .. it is a good number... :D I think your fortune is good. :angel:

Dan-Juan,

8/17 I don¡¯t know about that number. But you have a lot of good things in your relationship. Even a bad day with the worst VO, they will give you a visa!! :angel:

Me?

8/13??? Puuuuuu-leeeee-se I need a new topic. I¡¯m snapping out again!!!! :draw: This has all the makings of a long week.

Mike and Dan,

8/13 and 8/17 will be the day for you guys. It will be a pink day for both of you.

Go get them.

Stay calm and you will be fine.

I will be here watching. I will leave on 8/21.

Steve and Mei

My wife made it back into Beijing yesterday at 2pm Beijing time, immediately purchased her train ticket to GUZ to leave this friday the 14th, went to have the last of the paperwork translated & notorized and this morning (Beijing time), she is at the clinic in Beijing to have her medical examine.

She's all over the place like the Energizer bunny, athough she would prefer it to be called the 'Energizer kitten. :)

My wife made it back into Beijing yesterday at 2pm Beijing time, immediately purchased her train ticket to GUZ to leave this friday the 14th, went to have the last of the paperwork translated & notorized and this morning (Beijing time), she is at the clinic in Beijing to have her medical examine.

She's all over the place like the Energizer bunny, athough she would prefer it to be called the 'Energizer kitten. :unsure:

I know what you mean about all that traveling. My So had to go through so many hoops. She is lucky to have a lot of class mates and old friends in so many diff places that she has been able to keep in touch with over the years. Every time she stayed somewhere for the night she would text me the number of her friend so I would be able to call her without the extra long distance on her phone. So it worked out pretty nice that I also have all her friends numbers now also, ha ha ha

My wife just completed her medical check. She went to the "Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel" at 33 Shamian North Street, Shamian Island, Guangzhou (as listed in the P4 medical exam instructions document). She arrived around 8:30am and picked up her papers at 3:00pm. The total cost, including three immunizations, was 1250 RMB.

FYI, a couple of random things...

They asked if she was pregnant prior to the immunizations. She had intentionally waited until after her "monthly", which turned out to be a good idea since she could answer "No" with certainty. A woman in-line ahead of her couldn't positively answer "No", so they told her she would have to wait and have the immunizations at a later time. They also recommended she wait 6 months after immunizations before becoming pregnant. (Fine with me!)

With regard to the interview...

She was advised that she must answer questions quickly. Any indication that she is thinking about an answer would be cause for suspicion in the VO's mind. I don't know if this true or just conjecture by the clinic staffer... but I put it out there for whatever it's worth.

One more thing to cross off the list!

That list has gotten pretty short... all that remains is... wait 11 days, fly to China, go on interview, get PINK!

Edited by Shadowman (see edit history)

My wife just completed her medical check. She went to the "Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel" at 33 Shamian North Street, Shamian Island, Guangzhou (as listed in the P4 medical exam instructions document). She arrived around 8:30am and picked up her papers at 3:00pm. The total cost, including three immunizations, was 1250 RMB.

FYI, a couple of random things...

They asked if she was pregnant prior to the immunizations. She had intentionally waited until after her "monthly", which turned out to be a good idea since she could answer "No" with certainty. A woman in-line ahead of her couldn't positively answer "No", so they told her she would have to wait and have the immunizations at a later time. They also recommended she wait 6 months after immunizations before becoming pregnant. (Fine with me!)

With regard to the interview...

She was advised that she must answer questions quickly. Any indication that she is thinking about an answer would be cause for suspicion in the VO's mind. I don't know if this true or just conjecture by the clinic staffer... but I put it out there for whatever it's worth.

One more thing to cross off the list!

That list has gotten pretty short... all that remains is... wait 11 days, fly to China, go on interview, get PINK!

You are 5 days ahead of me. Good luck!

Mei

Having just gone through this and gotten pink, I have to say it was almost anti-climactic. All that waiting, hand-wringing, preparing... ultimately they ignored the kitchen sink and passed my wife with the bare minimum of questions.

CONGRATS RedKris!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Did you go to GUZ with her?

Thanks! Yes I did go with her, her interview time was 7:15, we were there at 6:00. And yes it is completely true - don't go early, they just stood outside in the humidity until 8:something and then all went in. And she was one of the last ones at 11:45.

Those three hours were some of the longest of my life... especially because I was trying to keep a two year old occupied the whole time. But the little man was awesome, he only cried once, the rest of the time he was charming all the people working for the various companies that cater to the people there for visas, and running around and around the building until daddy could not keep up.

5 days and counting.

WHERE WE ARE MENTALLY

We are second guessing all of our documents. Beginning to worry that we did somethings wrong. Convinced our police certificates will be an issue. Scared snitless.....that's a real word!!! :)

How about you?

5 days and counting.

WHERE WE ARE MENTALLY

We are second guessing all of our documents. Beginning to worry that we did somethings wrong. Convinced our police certificates will be an issue. Scared snitless.....that's a real word!!! :)

How about you?

What you are going through is normal, everyone does it. Check and recheck, check again at the hotel, check again while waiting in line . . . .

BTW snitless is slang, not found in the dictionary, but I like it. We use "swag" and "guesstimate" a lot here in my architectural firm.

good luck on your interviews, sure you all will get pink. Try and relax and have some fun while you are there.

yeah....what Pommey said!!!

yesteday, I got pink . . . you will too....

BTW . . . . . job of husband,,, the number one job of husband is: :whip:

Give wife genuine confidence, prevent her from dwelling and fretting. Don't submit to your demons, let her see only calm, cool and confident!

:) :smoker: