My hubby's interview will be in two weeks. We printed over 400 pages of MSN chat history. (Thanks to my company's commerical printer!!) Also, the phone record (Pingo.com) adds up to about 20 pages each month. I call him 3 times a day. We are going to bring everything in. Most of the documents will probably never asked for at the interview, but the kitchen sink certainly gives my hubby more confidence.

For Instant Messenger, I will be providing a minimum of documentary evidence. What is mentioned above by Chilton747, would appear to be level-headed advice. The fact that printouts of something that could be forged by a computer-illiterate have anything to do with proof in this process is just proof the process is broken.

I will repeat the referenced advice here:

"They [ chat logs ] must be printed on paper. Chat logs only show the number of times, the dates, and to whom you are chatting. It does not include any of the conversations. The conversations are separate and including 2-3 complete chat sessions each month will suffice. The conversations need to be about family and future plans together."

thank you.

screen shots do though , plus it shows who you are talkining to :lol:

Thanks for adding that -

I will also include the monthly screen shots -

- much less privacy impacting - but just as useless as proof of anything except amount of effort spent producing a screen shot, edited or not.

Don't kid yourself Jhammer. GZ knows the difference between real and faked logs and chats. :) It's the totality of the case.

If they can know the difference based on the content of a forgery, I don't know about that. There no digital signature to Yahoo Messenger logs or chat that they can check, so they can not know scientifically or forensically if it is forged. It's not like trying to produce a sheet of $20's.. ( I have some experience in IT security ).

My comments ring with angst over the excessive burden placed on the petitioner and beneficiary in the name of preventing an immigration crime. Why doesn't the government just prosecute immigration crimes instead ? Why worry about all this burden - why don't they just look at my tax record, realize I am worth it, and say "yes" _ why ? - that was rhetorical.. I have a bag full of answers. the cost burden is easily $10,000 per applicant if not really much more in lost wages and productivity - could just give them $10,000 or a bond for much more, it would all work out quite a bit better, but, then again, only if they really don't want immigration fraud, instead of the true agenda.

Don't kid yourself Jhammer. GZ knows the difference between real and faked logs and chats. :lol: It's the totality of the case.

If they can know the difference based on the content of a forgery, I don't know about that. There no digital signature to Yahoo Messenger logs or chat that they can check, so they can not know scientifically or forensically if it is forged. It's not like trying to produce a sheet of $20's.. ( I have some experience in IT security ).

My comments ring with angst over the excessive burden placed on the petitioner and beneficiary in the name of preventing an immigration crime. Why doesn't the government just prosecute immigration crimes instead ? Why worry about all this burden - why don't they just look at my tax record, realize I am worth it, and say "yes" _ why ? - that was rhetorical.. I have a bag full of answers. the cost burden is easily $10,000 per applicant if not really much more in lost wages and productivity - could just give them $10,000 or a bond for much more, it would all work out quite a bit better, but, then again, only if they really don't want immigration fraud, instead of the true agenda.

I have always thought the same thing, why not give the option of a bond, streamline the process and use the savings for some other purpose, at least try it as a pilot program. Of course, not everyone can afford to post a bond, but all applicants would benefit by shrinking the total pool.

I sent a years worth of daily many times twice a day chats, it didn't seem to matter, the V.O. still said we didn't have a bona fide relationship, even after submitting the additional information they requested.

When printing up chat logs for your SO's interview how many do you print if you have no way to put them disk?

i exported out all my msn chats into excel...

made the font size like 4 i think it was, barely able to read it....

but if you looked at it you were able to see exactly what it said.

she brought a huge binder with them all to her interview. i thin k it was like 2 full reams.

part of our kitchen sink.

better to be safe than sorry our thoughts were.

When printing up chat logs for your SO's interview how many do you print if you have no way to put them disk?

When we printed them out for my wife's interview we just printed out some from the first month that we talked then picked out a few in the middle and then some from the end of our conversations. They don't need all of them, I think we printed out about 20 or 25 of them. You can put them on a disk, but I think once you go to the interview they want to see printed copies of them.

This is a list of the things that Jennifer took with her to her interview to prove our relationship:

1) Pictures- The first time I went there, we took a lot of pictures of us together and with her friends, take lots of them. Take pictures of you guys having a great time somewhere.

2) E-Mails- Print out a lot of them, especially when you are working on the paperwork together and you have to communicate with her and tell her something about doing the paperwork. They want to see that you guys have been communicating and that you can communicate together.

3) Chats -Take the time frame of you're relationship and print out chats from the beginning to the end, be sure to include the chats that you guys were working on something together, like the Visa Process, communication is the biggest thing that they want to see between each of you.

4) Plane ticket stubs- Make copies or take the original ones from the first time that you met each other and if you have more, then take those also.

i think its just good to have them with you.

but i also think you better hope you dont have to get to the point that you need to show them.

because by that time you have doubt going on in the VO's mind.

I really wouldn't say that, the VO that interviewed my wife looked at them and actually went through some of them. I think it really depends on the person that you get on that day, from what I have heard some of them just pretty much hand you the Visa without any sort of questions at all and then some of them question you until you are ready to kill them.

Going back to the OP's question ... print them BUT

review them carefully. As I said recently in another thread, you must review the chat logs from the perspective of an official trying to deny the visa. I don't believe that this is a common VO mindset but YOU must review from that perspective.

If there is anything that could be remotely twisted and used against you OR lead to a new line of questioning ... then eliminate that portion of chat.

This is serious business ... take no chances.