Is China and India to blame for the energy crisis and global warming?

The US media, the US government and even President Bush try to blame China and India.

I took a closer look at the numbers. Here they are:

US crude oil consumption = approximately 21 million barrels per day

China " = 7

India = 5

China + India population = 35% of world population

US " = 4.5% " "

When we crunch the numbers , we end up in the following:

When 1 person in China uses 1 gallon of crude, 1 person in the US uses 145 gallons of crude oil, on the average!

When 1 person in India uses 1 gallon of the crude, 1 person in the US uses uses 170 gallons of crude, on the average.

What do you think?

Ken 88

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WenDylan

The US media, the US government and even President Bush try to blame China and India.

China " = 7

India = 5

US " = 4.5% " "

When 1 person in China uses 1 gallon of crude, 1 person in the US uses 145 gallons of crude oil, on the average!

When 1 person in India uses 1 gallon of the crude, 1 person in the US uses uses 170 gallons of crude, on the average.

What do you think?

Ken 88

Crude oil consumption is only 1 card in a deck of 52 (54 if you count those pesky jokers). I couldn't really tell you who has the better, or worse hand. But I know there is definitely a difference when I breath the air in the most rural city of China, compared to the most densely industrial of the US. I hate to point fingers, because I think we are all at fault, but for those that do, maybe they should look at what they are doing before they judge others. Or maybe they should come up with a solution, rather than just presenting the same problems over and over again.

George Bush is doing the blaming? what a moron.

Look, he was claiming how great it was to have things manufactured in China, and how great it was to have software developed in India.

Those two activities require an energy source. More manufacturing? More software development? Need More Energy ! Of course, the numbers get skewed on 'special things', but come on...

yes they are to blame. the nerve of them aspiring to live like us Americans! :D

Yea, next thing you know they will want one of them 3 bedroom mobile mansions with the cinder blocks to put their used Buick on in the front yard..........

Yea, and then those Chinese will start shopping at Wal Mart!!! How dare those Chinese! First, they take our jobs, then take live in McMansions like us, and drive gas guzzling SUV like us. FOR SHAME!!

It's their fault I lost my factory job and I'm 300 pounds. Dang those tasty chinese food!

Well, I'll be back later tomorrow. I need to go to Wal Mart and buy me some cheap Chinese made products as I drive in my SUV.

What do you think?

Ken 88

i know i will later regret making this post...but here goes :D

not that it matters...but what i think is.....why does there always have to be finger pointing to(in this case "global warming") when it is a fact that the earthe goes through natural warming and cooling cycles and that the world oil consumption plays a very minor role in this?

i'm not a tree hugger by any stretch of the imagination, but i dont go out of my way to burn more natural resources than what our society dictates for me to live my life in these united states.....our society is a mobile society and if china or india would have hit the industial age at the same time we did and used the technology for the advancement of their societies as we did, then they also would be consumers of natural resources just as we are today....is no right or wrong and i am trying to justify nothing....it is just the way things happened....

but as far as "global warming" is concerned, is only my opinion that it is just another way for the government to profiteer by selling pollution credits to companies which are ultimately passed on to you, the consumers, through higher prices for products and services bought.

Guest WenDylan

But where do you fill it up at, since there are no hydrogen filling stations that I know of...... (at least none in Michigan)

If I happened to be one of the lucky 100 people that got one for a lease, I would find a way! Unfortunately for me, only movie stars got to lease them. BUT OF COURSE! Who needs to save money more than any other American? Movie stars. :P (When their lease is up, you know they're just going back to driving that big black hummer, so really... what's the point?)

Edited by WenDylan (see edit history)

China " = 7

India = 5

US " = 4.5% " "

What do you think?

Ken 88

Crude oil consumption is only 1 card in a deck of 52 (54 if you count those pesky jokers). I couldn't really tell you who has the better, or worse hand. But I know there is definitely a difference when I breath the air in the most rural city of China, compared to the most densely industrial of the US. I hate to point fingers, because I think we are all at fault, but for those that do, maybe they should look at what they are doing before they judge others. Or maybe they should come up with a solution, rather than just presenting the same problems over and over again.

Crude Oil consumption is but a small issue in the global warming senario. You also must take into account factories and electricity production. China uses many coal plants to produce electricity and their factories spill carbon dioxide and other ozone killing gases into the air. Now, is this worse than America or not, how can anyone be sure? Don't forget scientists have been known to argue amongst themselves and change their minds. They produce facts that are backed by mere speculation and educated guesses. Once they get new information, they change their statements to reflect the new facts. Also, how can we blame China? Who is buying the products built in their factories. If we stopped buying their products, they would stop making them. So how can you really blame any one country? We all got ourselves into this mess. We should work collectively in finding a way out.