Sharon Stone's words about the earthquake in China

Like Jim said, who cares what Sharon Stone says. Those were heartless comments towards people suffering. The people affected had nothing to do with Tibet anyway.

As I've said before, I think Tibet is China's business, not the world's.

China has done a lot for Tibet as far as develement and free education for the children.

Many innocent people died in this earhtquake... the goverment's decisions have nothing to do with the citizens of China.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well she made the comment, now she can live with it, (Don't Burn the Bridges, she was recently in Shanghai) which she just did, I don't think she will setting her feet in Hong Kong or Mainland China for a very long time.

Should be interesting to see how the Chinese Gov. reacts to her comments.

As for her comments, pure heartless and all she can think about is political BS, doesn't give a dam about prospects of 80,000 dead, 5 million homeless.

Should be interesting to see how the Chinese Gov. reacts to her comments.

As for her comments, pure heartless and all she can think about is political BS, doesn't give a dam about prospects of 80,000 dead, 5 million homeless.

True that, and it is "loose cannons" like that that may restrict all of us from visiting China in the future (it is possible, if not probable).

"engage your brain before engaging your mouth". This rates right there with CNN and what's faces comments about a month ago.

I am going out on a limb here, but I believe that 99.9% of CFL members would be "better qualified" to make a statement (of some sort) about the disaster in China.........Hmmmm...go figure?

The people who know and care for me were concerned for the Chinese, probably because they were concerned for me. However, the insensitivity I have witnessed concerning this natural disaster is widespread. It is my opinion that even the most ill informed people sense that the USA ain't what it used to be and that China is about to eat our lunch and this is their way of expression nationalistic frustration.

BTW - I am not very sensitive to people who build billion dollar homes on fault lines or within hurricane storm surge areas, but when ordinary people are caught in a disaster my heart goes out to them.

"engage your brain before engaging your mouth". This rates right there with CNN and what's faces comments about a month ago.

I am going out on a limb here, but I believe that 99.9% of CFL members would be "better qualified" to make a statement (of some sort) about the disaster in China.........Hmmmm...go figure?

I wonder why......... could it be because we have an interest in what happens there..........

I do hope that people see what a stupid person she was being by what she said.