Need a visa service

Any recommendations for a visa service? I drove to Chicago today and went to the consulate to apply for my visa for my trip to see Hong the end of May. I thought I had everything in order, but, after a 3 hour wait for my number to come up and my turn at the window, I found out that an email from Hong telling me that she would take care of my accommodations while there does not constitute an invitation to stay with her while in China in the eyes of the workers there.

So, I've emailed Hong asking for a more formal invitation to stay with her. In the meantime I can't afford to take more time off of work to spend a day waiting for my number to be called again, so I need to find a good visa service, preferably one that can handle getting my affidavit of single status done as well seeing as I was so shook up from my application not being accepted I forgot to submit my application for that!

All in all, not a good day. Have I mentioned that Chicago rush hour traffic sux?

Thanks

Any recommendations for a visa service? I drove to Chicago today and went to the consulate to apply for my visa for my trip to see Hong the end of May. I thought I had everything in order, but, after a 3 hour wait for my number to come up and my turn at the window, I found out that an email from Hong telling me that she would take care of my accommodations while there does not constitute an invitation to stay with her while in China in the eyes of the workers there.

So, I've emailed Hong asking for a more formal invitation to stay with her. In the meantime I can't afford to take more time off of work to spend a day waiting for my number to be called again, so I need to find a good visa service, preferably one that can handle getting my affidavit of single status done as well seeing as I was so shook up from my application not being accepted I forgot to submit my application for that!

All in all, not a good day. Have I mentioned that Chicago rush hour traffic sux?

Thanks

These guys always have done a good job for me!!!

http://avschicago.com/

Thanks

I also have used AVS for my last two visa's...but when i called and talked with them one week ago about getting a new visa, they told me i cannot get a visa without first having proof of round trip tickets already purchased and proof of hotel reservations for the duration of my stay.....they told me there were no exceptions to this new requirement....these restrictions went into effect April 14th, and will be in place until sometime in August when things return to normal....so i will be looking elsewhere....

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)

Thanks

I also have used AVS for my last two visa's...but when i called and talked with them one week ago about getting a new visa, they told me i cannot get a visa without first having proof of round trip tickets already purchased and proof of hotel reservations for the duration of my stay.....they told me there were no exceptions to this new requirement....these restrictions went into effect April 14th, and will be in place until sometime in August when things return to normal....so i will be looking elsewhere....

My current visa is good until 18Sept08 then we may go back during a holiday?? So, Steve let me know if you find a cheaper and better service!! :o

Thanks

My current visa is good until 18Sept08 then we may go back during a holiday?? So, Steve let me know if you find a cheaper and better service!! :shutup:

my boyfriend will also come here in late May, this time, we used a visa service, too.but we won't know the final result till tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.and he lives in C.A. so, once we got the information, i will tell u. hope everything goes well. they asked for round tickets, invitation letter and hotel stuff. we dunno whether ours will work fine.anyway , not so long. just wait till they give us the result. good luck to all.

Edited by pettlon (see edit history)