Guest Rob & Jin

Yes, we went to the peak and had a wonderful late lunch at Cafe Deco, which looks out over all HK. That view ranks as one of the best city scapes I've seen in all the world.

We have a funny story to tell of a 40ish frenchman who arrived behind us at Cafe Deco with a 20 something ch woman. He was so crazy in love with her at that moment that he offered to take off both her coat AND HER PANTS. Then he proceeded to kiss her repeatedly in every area of her face. She was a pretty good sport and returned his passion albeit with a bit less enthusiasm. I think maybe the "view" led him to be carried away. My So has a similar effect on me :P

A Kennedy couldn't have pulled that one off. I have a near relative who is the Consulate General of one of the major US consulates in China. When I asked for help several weeks ago, he told me to allow Guangzhou to handle things. He wanted no part of assisiting me, which is likely not his fault at all. I've read that nepotism is not on the list as a way to accelerate the process and I imagine he didn't want to risk his position. From my perspective though, it would have been a humanitarian act of great importance to at least two peolple.

You guys will do just fine !! That big grin on your face, will surely do much to attest to the bona fides of your relationship !!! ;) :vava: :pash:

I am happy to see your recent trip to HK went well; did you make another trip to the top of the 'Peak' ?? That view of Victoria Harbor at night, is about as romantic/beautiful a scene, as you can find anywhere !!

Kissing in public :eatyum: :Dah: :worthy: :whip:

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a frenchman, they were at the PEAK in HK, dining at a magnificent restaurant. His passion for her was brimming over.

While kissing in public is against the local mores in many ch provinces, affection shown publically is the norm for areas such as HK and Shanghai.

Yes, we went to the peak and had a wonderful late lunch at Cafe Deco, which looks out over all HK. That view ranks as one of the best city scapes I've seen in all the world.

We have a funny story to tell of a 40ish frenchman who arrived behind us at Cafe Deco with a 20 something ch woman. He was so crazy in love with her at that moment that he offered to take off both her coat AND HER PANTS. Then he proceeded to kiss her repeatedly in every area of her face. She was a pretty good sport and returned his passion albeit with a bit less enthusiasm. I think maybe the "view" led him to be carried away. My So has a similar effect on me :P

A Kennedy couldn't have pulled that one off. I have a near relative who is the Consulate General of one of the major US consulates in China. When I asked for help several weeks ago, he told me to allow Guangzhou to handle things. He wanted no part of assisiting me, which is likely not his fault at all. I've read that nepotism is not on the list as a way to accelerate the process and I imagine he didn't want to risk his position. From my perspective though, it would have been a humanitarian act of great importance to at least two peolple.

You guys will do just fine !! That big grin on your face, will surely do much to attest to the bona fides of your relationship !!! ;) :lol: :lol:

I am happy to see your recent trip to HK went well; did you make another trip to the top of the 'Peak' ?? That view of Victoria Harbor at night, is about as romantic/beautiful a scene, as you can find anywhere !!

Kissing in public :rolleyes: :Dah: :nonono: :nonono:

You guys will do just fine !! That big grin on your face, will surely do much to attest to the bona fides of your relationship !!! ;) :nonono: :lol:

A lot more info than I really needed, considering Lao Po is not right beside me at the moment !!! :nonono: :rolleyes: ;) :lol: :Dah: :P

I like it when pants get removed in public, especially hers. Tis a nice spectator sport, ya ?

:rolleyes: ;)

Rob, I don't know what's funnier, the actual story and the visual we get from it, or your use of the emoticons to give the perfect reply without saying a word! B)

Jeff

Rob, here is an update, we landed, no more dange circling!!! :ph34r:

CONGRATULATIONS, Mark & Feng!!! I've been traveling with my Dougie Bear the past week. On the night of March 13, I did think about Feng's interview and wanted to know how it went. Just so happy for you guys! =)

Did you already share about the interview on another thread? I wanna know! Now that Doug's back to the U.S., I'd better work hard on that "kitchen sink" preparation! So it took you guys 3 days to get the visa?

I called as soon as they opened this morning and no change in status for me either.

If I don't have the file opened by Monday, I think I will have to give up any hope for a May slot, and then must start looking at June ??

Who would have thought, at this time last year, that it would be taking a full year to get a K visa through the system; from filing to interview date !!??

This time last year, so many were flying through in 7.5 to 8 months.

Keep that optimism up, Roger! Just think about how my case went and how crazy I got over nothing. =) I think THIS WEEK for you.

Rob- CONGRATS! Yours went fast right after you found out about the "loss" of your electronic file. See, catching their attention in any way is good. ;-)

I called as soon as they opened this morning and no change in status for me either.

If I don't have the file opened by Monday, I think I will have to give up any hope for a May slot, and then must start looking at June ??

Who would have thought, at this time last year, that it would be taking a full year to get a K visa through the system; from filing to interview date !!??

This time last year, so many were flying through in 7.5 to 8 months.

Keep that optimism up, Roger! Just think about how my case went and how crazy I got over nothing. =) I think THIS WEEK for you.

Rob- CONGRATS! Yours went fast right after you found out about the "loss" of your electronic file. See, catching their attention in any way is good. ;-)

Hey Amy, we have missed you here the past several days !! :(

I am happy that you and your guy (huggie-bear) have been able to have time together !!! :lol:

Yeah, I have a good feeling for this new week !!! I miss my baby so much !! :( :rolleyes:

Rob, here is an update, we landed, no more dange circling!!! :(

CONGRATULATIONS, Mark & Feng!!! I've been traveling with my Dougie Bear the past week. On the night of March 13, I did think about Feng's interview and wanted to know how it went. Just so happy for you guys! =)

Did you already share about the interview on another thread? I wanna know! Now that Doug's back to the U.S., I'd better work hard on that "kitchen sink" preparation! So it took you guys 3 days to get the visa?

It is about time AMY, geez...................... :lol: :(

Here is our 2 minute interview!! :rolleyes:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry386896

If I can get my buddy Tsap to dust off one of those old Hueys, I would like to join the holding pattern finally.... family :huh: well, anyway circumulating GUZ

Pretty sure he will be running a shuttle to Macau and back by the time I retire there, but for now I need a ride. :) Speaking of gambling, an old cannon cocker like me would prefer the ground¡­. and I am not so sure that buddy Tsap would not make me laugh so hard, I would fall out the door while he was flying nap o earth ¡­but I will take my chances.. :D

Hell, I always liked hurry up and wait¡­ just not at a couple 100 feet or less

Adjust fire, out

Guest Rob & Jin

You may well be right, I have no idea why some move faster at this stage :huh:

Hey Rog, been trying to PM you, but your disabled or full :)

Just got home....busy day at the office !!! B)

Yeah, my PM's fill up really fast Rob, due to all the fan mail I get, as well as so many seeking advice and counsel. :D :lol:

I'll fix it now.