• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like you, Rob, and I are very close to each other. Happy circling.

In an effort to be politically correct, in the public forum; all I can say is, that sounds a little too 'romantic' for my liking !! :o

I'd much rather consider myself 'close' to Amy !! :D

I'm not saying anything ;)

"Happy Circling" Rob !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

A Kennedy couldn't have pulled that one off. I have a near relative who is the Consulate General of one of the major US consulates in China. When I asked for help several weeks ago, he told me to allow Guangzhou to handle things. He wanted no part of assisiting me, which is likely not his fault at all. I've read that nepotism is not on the list as a way to accelerate the process and I imagine he didn't want to risk his position. From my perspective though, it would have been a humanitarian act of great importance to at least two peolple.

You guys will do just fine !! That big grin on your face, will surely do much to attest to the bona fides of your relationship !!! ;) :lol: :lol:

I am happy to see your recent trip to HK went well; did you make another trip to the top of the 'Peak' ?? That view of Victoria Harbor at night, is about as romantic/beautiful a scene, as you can find anywhere !!

hoping for some updates monday people :lol:

Yeah, I think you are right Rob !! I can feel it (the P-3) coming very soon for all of us in the tight circle, who have been waiting the wait, so very long now !! ;)

BTW: I Fed Ex'd another big box of Dunkin' Donuts off to GUZ, so the weekend crew could keep their spirits and blood sugar up, and get a lot of work processed !! :lol:

Congrats Shenzhen K-1!!!!

Hope to be joining you all soon when my wife gets her interview on the 26th.

Question for you....how long did it take for you to receive the actual visa? We're trying to figure out if we should stay longer at GZ to take it first hand.

For a more definitive answer to your question…..

It appears that over the past year or more, most CFL members reporting here, have had their visa available for pickup at the Post Office very close to GUZ, on the second day after the interview. A few more on the third day, and even fewer have reported having to wait longer than three days, post interview. This may depend on the day of the week the interview occurs and the impact of a weekend or holiday and/or workload during any given week.

Moot point for me, but if my wife was from another far-away city (such as yours appears to be) and if I had the time and the budget to remain in Dodge a couple more days, I would do so; and then take immediate delivery of the passport with attached visa, as soon as it was available from the Consulate. Some others do and some do not. Your choice, but having this important doc' in hand, is worth a lot IMO.

Best wishes on your pending interview next week, and the Pink !!!!!! ;)

BTW, no new news from the DOS this a.m. on day 93. Will check in again on Monday.

My feng is going up on Sunday to get her and daughter's visa, it is a 2 hour train ride one way! She has been up and back to Guangzhou 5 times in the last few months to get our P-3, P-4, medical, and interview done the right way. God I love that women!!! B)

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! B)

Wow Mark, this has got to be so exciting for you now !!! After all the waiting, and all the posting, this has got to be the absolute best feeling right now; to know they have the Pink light, and they are only days away from being with you forever !!! ;) :D

I am damn excited for you and find myself living vicariously through you, until my Lao Po and daughter's arrival too !!! :D

Yes just a few more days buddy!!! B)

It does look like things have started to move along, that 2007 summer glut must have broke loose that you and I got tangled in??

Mark, feng, daughter, 2 sons!! B)

Edited by Shenzhen K-1 (see edit history)

Must be a tremendous blue slip "glut" goin' on in GUZ...I think I will follow Roger's lead with the donuts...only, I'm gonna bake some "brownies" to send those hard workin' americans. Me thinks they need a lil' "grin" with their elevated blood sugars. B)

tsap seui

Must be a tremendous blue slip "glut" goin' on in GUZ...I think I will follow Roger's lead with the donuts...only, I'm gonna bake some "brownies" to send those hard workin' americans. Me thinks they need a lil' "grin" with their elevated blood sugars. B)

tsap seui

No way !!! They will never let "brownies" from a 60's era guy, clear the security on the 4th floor !!!!!!! B) B) B) :D

I sent a case of " Black label " whiskey B)

Oh returned docs signed for "received" by GUZ on the 12th.

OMG !! between the brownies and the whiskey, they will never get any work done !!! B) B) Thanks !!!! B)

I figger with the booze and er...ah...brownies, maybe they'll have more sunny personalities and a bit more caring towards others. A lil' Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Grateful Dead, and Janis playing in the background ought to mellow them out a bit. Take off them buttoned up white shirts with the ties, put on some sandles, and flowered shirts, and stop the negative thinkin'.

I like my government workers happy...and laid back.

tsap seui

Yes, we went to the peak and had a wonderful late lunch at Cafe Deco, which looks out over all HK. That view ranks as one of the best city scapes I've seen in all the world.

We have a funny story to tell of a 40ish frenchman who arrived behind us at Cafe Deco with a 20 something ch woman. He was so crazy in love with her at that moment that he offered to take off both her coat AND HER PANTS. Then he proceeded to kiss her repeatedly in every area of her face. She was a pretty good sport and returned his passion albeit with a bit less enthusiasm. I think maybe the "view" led him to be carried away. My So has a similar effect on me ;)

A Kennedy couldn't have pulled that one off. I have a near relative who is the Consulate General of one of the major US consulates in China. When I asked for help several weeks ago, he told me to allow Guangzhou to handle things. He wanted no part of assisiting me, which is likely not his fault at all. I've read that nepotism is not on the list as a way to accelerate the process and I imagine he didn't want to risk his position. From my perspective though, it would have been a humanitarian act of great importance to at least two peolple.

You guys will do just fine !! That big grin on your face, will surely do much to attest to the bona fides of your relationship !!! ;) B) :lol:

I am happy to see your recent trip to HK went well; did you make another trip to the top of the 'Peak' ?? That view of Victoria Harbor at night, is about as romantic/beautiful a scene, as you can find anywhere !!