On Our Way to the Interview

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron & Ivy,

I am really sorry to hear this. It makes me sick when I think about people like this IO... there's no excuse for his attitude and not much I can say to comfort you... except that you are a man I admire for the way you handled your earlier misfortunes & if that is any indicator, I know you will prevail in the end. I am just truly sorry this had to happen to you again.

Take care,

Steve

Thanks everyone. CFL has always been here for support, thanks to all of you.

It looks like I'll have to shell out a hundred bucks or so for someone who can "properely" translate. Now I just sit back and wait for the next appointment. I was told that I could request the interview in L.A. or Orange Co. where they have Chinese IO's. I wouldn't mind doing that , but I'm not quite sure how, or if it would delay everything even more.

Ron,

Just a suggestion and may not help but worth a try. Look in the yellow pages and find a Chinese Church. Call colleges and find a Chinese speaking student as they could always use a few extra bucks. This happened to us in San Bernardino as well but I told him we were moving to Texas. He advised us to postpone after he tried to communicate with my wife and learned that the Texas move would be a concern having a greencard hanging in the mail. Probably the same SOB I.O.

Just be diligent my friend. Good things will happen!

Ron,

Just a suggestion and may not help but worth a try. Look in the yellow pages and find a Chinese Church. Call colleges and find a Chinese speaking student as they could always use a few extra bucks. This happened to us in San Bernardino as well but I told him we were moving to Texas. He advised us to postpone after he tried to communicate with my wife and learned that the Texas move would be a concern having a greencard hanging in the mail. Probably the same SOB I.O.

Thanks, Eric

I got your PM. I have talked to Phil. He got someone who had to take time off work, but I'll talk to him again to find out more details. I need to know if anyone has ever asked to schedule at a specific office? If I requested L.A. would it delay everything?

Ron,

Thanks, Eric

I got your PM. I have talked to Phil. He got someone who had to take time off work, but I'll talk to him again to find out more details. I need to know if anyone has ever asked to schedule at a specific office? If I requested L.A. would it delay everything?

That means sending the physical file to that specific branch which means delays. I'm not sure if this could be done since the case corresponds to your domicile. I wouldn't bother, Ron. Just find a competent interpreter.

Man, Ron....sometimes I wonder if Uncle Sam has ripped Lady Libery off her pedestal on Ellis Island, beat the crap out of her, and drowned her in the river.

It's a shame you couldn't ask this jackass if he has a wife workin' as a VO for GUZ. Sounds to me like you met our VO's husband.

Better luck next time buddy.

tsap seui

After my wife arrived, I told her that crap like this could happen, and if it did, I did not want it to get her down.

Fortunately, the worst that happened is some bozo typed 'Taiwan' on her green card and we had to send it back. We first went to infopass to get a stamp in her passport and the IO sent us away empty handed, saying we had to send the GC with some form back to USCIS to get corrected, then come back to infopass. Which we did, but we had to delay an urgent trip she had to make back to China by a month, and it cost us some cancellation fees with the airline.

However, I had her look at it this way: we knew the govt would screw something up somewhere, and we just hoped it would be during AOS and not the visa. Had it been the visa, we may have suffered a longer wait and separation like so many others here. However, when doing AOS...she is here, we are together and these idiots cannot keep us apart.

Thankfully, she didnt get down about it.

Ron......dont let these bozos get you guys down.....despite them, keep your chins up and remember to continually love, enjoy, and support each other!

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, here it is over two weeks later. The IO told me that I "should" hear something about a new appointment date within two weeks. I didn't really believe that would happen and I was right. Now I'm not quite sure who to call or what my next step is. call USCIS "again", infopass "again" or wait longer - or what? Any ideas? B)

Guest Mike and Lily

Well, here it is over two weeks later. The IO told me that I "should" hear something about a new appointment date within two weeks. I didn't really believe that would happen and I was right. Now I'm not quite sure who to call or what my next step is. call USCIS "again", infopass "again" or wait longer - or what? Any ideas? :sweating_buckets:

If your interview was on March 12, we possibly could help.

Darnell, if there is a complaint system, that would tac on another 4 or 5 months. Mike, thanks for the offer. I have no way of knowing when an interview will be scheduled again. This is hell because my wife wants to go to work and it would really help out right now.