Seeking Rice Cooker

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got one from Target. (Rice cookers are quite common)

They start at $15, the one we got is $39

http://www.target.com/gp/search/601-602577...=index%3Dtarget

Thanks for the link, is that similar to what is normally used by most Chinese women now??? :lol:

Yep Yu uses one and it works great.

Can anyone recommend a good quality rice cooker for home usage?

My SO seeks a small one as it is only the two of us, yet I would like one that is of good quality and reasonably priced.

I did an internet search and found several steamers/rice cookers, but when she views the pics she is unsure of them since they do not resemble the rice cookers she is use to using.

Clayton

I don't know what all else has been posted but wife wanted the rice cooker because of the better control. she had one back home.

OK at the Asian markets they all seemed very expensive like 100 or maybe down to 86. Wife asked customers and we were told to go to Fry's electronics. Of course we looked in WM and such too. Wife will shop for the absolute lowest price BEST deal. Fry's won hands down, for what she wanted, on a small one for 30-40 or so, I think.

At first she was dazzled by an expensive model that we bought and tried it. She took it back and loves her small one. We travel with it and cook in hotel rooms and eat rice while driving too.

NOW WHAT is so dang special about that sticky rice. I like good ol rice here that does not stick and tastes better. Oh well, I never mention it to her.

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)
Guest Mike and Lily

My SO seeks a small one as it is only the two of us, yet I would like one that is of good quality and reasonably priced.

I did an internet search and found several steamers/rice cookers, but when she views the pics she is unsure of them since they do not resemble the rice cookers she is use to using.

Clayton

go to sears !they have good ones there

Since we got the Zojirishu I have come to the conclusion that there is a big difference in quality. It makes perfect rice every time and it tastes much better than our old Aroma brand. It was definitely worth the money.

Since we got the Zojirishu I have come to the conclusion that there is a big difference in quality. It makes perfect rice every time and it tastes much better than our old Aroma brand. It was definitely worth the money.

We have the Aroma 10 cup -- bought from costco as well ($29.95). Coming up on three years of ownership. I guess mileage may vary.

Clayton

I don't know what all else has been posted but wife wanted the rice cooker because of the better control. she had one back home.

OK at the Asian markets they all seemed very expensive like 100 or maybe down to 86. Wife asked customers and we were told to go to Fry's electronics. Of course we looked in WM and such too. Wife will shop for the absolute lowest price BEST deal. Fry's won hands down, for what she wanted, on a small one for 30-40 or so, I think.

At first she was dazzled by an expensive model that we bought and tried it. She took it back and loves her small one. We travel with it and cook in hotel rooms and eat rice while driving too.

NOW WHAT is so dang special about that sticky rice. I like good ol rice here that does not stick and tastes better. Oh well, I never mention it to her.

All I know is the one I bought at Wal mart wasn't worth a ^%$^! when she saw it. We spent close to $100.00 on one at one of the several local Chinese stores. Me? I still like the "Dirty Rice" at Bojangles......

We have the Aroma 10 cup -- bought from costco as well ($29.95). Coming up on three years of ownership. I guess mileage may vary.

I think we had the same machine. We also bought it at Costco for $29.99. What happened on ours is the plastic hooks that hold the inner lid in place became brittle and started breaking off. The inner lid was just hanging by the electric wires. The rice in our new one definitely tastes better though.