I am glad that my husband don't criticize China

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think more often than not, this site is a lovefest for all China and anything Chinese. Sure, there are a few who continually like to slam, but no need be hyper-sensitive because of those few. Most of us view China as our second homeland now who will love her and criticize her just as we would the US. Both have warts and neither is perfect, but a bond for both is now part of life in my home.

I'll tell you what. Someone, anyone...family, friend, acquaintance...if you don't want me in your face, be kind when you speak of China or of Chinese. ;)

Guest ShaQuaNew

I think more often than not, this site is a lovefest for all China and anything Chinese. Sure, there are a few who continually like to slam, but no need be hyper-sensitive because of those few. Most of us view China as our second homeland now who will love her and criticize her just as we would the US. Both have warts and neither is perfect, but a bond for both is now part of life in my home.

I'll tell you what. Someone, anyone...family, friend, acquaintance...if you don't want me in your face, be kind when you speak of China or of Chinese. ;)

I agree with you mostly Dennis, but disagree that Joanne has been hyper-sensitive toward any member or their positions. I'm not surprised to see a few members who absolutely believe that anything the US says and does is simply better, wiser, and more sound than anything done in another country, including China. That includes manufacturing practices, human rights issues, and environmental care. Well, that thinking is simply IGNORANT, and so are the ones that spout the rhetoric.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

I agree with you mostly Dennis, but disagree that Joanne has been hyper-sensitive toward any member or their positions. I'm not surprised to see a few members who absolutely believe that anything the US says and does is simply better, wiser, and more sound than anything done in another country, including China. That includes manufacturing practices, human rights issues, and environmental care. Well, that thinking is simply IGNORANT, and so are the ones that spout the rhetoric.

I didn't read Dennis's comment as being directed at Joanne. But I will agree that that are several here who are hyper-sensitive to ANY criticism of China, mostly from folks who probably have spent little time in China. Joanne has every right to be proud of her homeland just as any of us have a right to be proud of our homeland. Every country has it's problems, but now China is on the world stage and is subject to criticism , fair or not.

As aye,

Jim

Guest ShaQuaNew

I didn't read Dennis's comment as being directed at Joanne. But I will agree that that are several here who are hyper-sensitive to ANY criticism of China, mostly from folks who probably have spent little time in China. Joanne has every right to be proud of her homeland just as any of us have a right to be proud of our homeland. Every country has it's problems, but now China is on the world stage and is subject to criticism , fair or not.

Well, only Dennis can answer that question; but Joanne was the original poster so that's what I got out of it.

I'm not quite sure what the colorful comments like "hypersensitivity" are supposed to mean anyway. Is it simply a member that takes exception to another member that is openly criticising China? Truth be told there is a good deal of arguing that goes on in some thread with little attention paid to facts, and a good deal of attention paid to waving the flag. There is nothing wrong with being patriotic, but indeed when one begins to debate an issue they should do so by presenting the facts rather than postulating an attack. Many know the difference, and unfortunately those that don't probably never will.

It should be easy as borrowing Toppy's rose-colored glasses to accept and respect other cultures without arrogance and malice.

Just a little rambling & cheffie's two cents:

1) damn ass proud of the USA and all it stands for

2) damn ass proud of my wife...btw she's from China... :lol:

Another two cents:

1) damn ass proud that the USA Women's Soccer team can still win the World Cup. Women's World Cup is being held in Shanghai, China and other major Chinese cities.

Here is the link: http://www.fifa.com/womenworldcup/index.html

2) If the USA was not in contention and China was. I would be damm ass proud that my wife's country was....and she would know that too... :D

Ahhh...Nationalism....who can disagree with that concept.

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

Just a little rambling & cheffie's two cents:

Ahhh...Nationalism....who can disagree with that concept.

I would bet it's going to get pretty interesting in most of our households during the Olympics next summer.

Obie

:P Indeed!

It would be more interesting to be there and witness the events unfold.