communist party issues

:blink: hi to all!!! we are in need of answers!!!!! my wife and I have been to Guangzhou twice -- each time we get a blue sheet because my wife had to be a member of the cp for her job-- we have done all they asked it has been 5 more months and still no answers!! this is hurting her so so bad- I am not able to help- the senator has emailed and called-- still no movement-- what do we do???? lost in the usa without my wife!!!!!!!
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have other members here who have overcome the CCP issue. I don't know of anyone who has been permanantly denied. It is slow though. I believe mamabear and papabear took around 6 months. About all you can do is submit the overcome evidence in the best light possible and wait. I believe papabear wrote a detailed letter in his overcome evidence as to exactly why mamabear had to be a member to keep her job. Good luck

:( hi to all!!! we are in need of answers!!!!! my wife and I have been to Guangzhou twice -- each time we get a blue sheet because my wife had to be a member of the cp for her job-- we have done all they asked it has been 5 more months and still no answers!! this is hurting her so so bad- I am not able to help- the senator has emailed and called-- still no movement-- what do we do???? lost in the usa without my wife!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to make some sort of formal statement to "denounce membership" in the Communist Party (aside from Senator McCarthy)?

I am trying to think if there is a way to distance Watingguy's SO from the CP in the eyes of GUZ... It seems to be a formal white and black category, so trying to think of how to get her over to the white if possible...

Being a member of the CCP is an automatic blue slip. There are waivers though for those who had to join to keep their job etc. Both Mamabear and Paula went through this and both got their visas. GZ is aware of the situtation and doesn't seem to be on a witch hunt. You just have to submit evidence that the reason for the membership is because of employment and not ideology. I believe what takes so long is another security check has to be made.

We have other members here who have overcome the CCP issue. I don't know of anyone who has been permanantly denied. It is slow though. I believe mamabear and papabear took around 6 months. About all you can do is submit the overcome evidence in the best light possible and wait. I believe papabear wrote a detailed letter in his overcome evidence as to exactly why mamabear had to be a member to keep her job. Good luck

Actually it only took a little over 3 months, it wasn't that bad.

PM me and between Carl and myself maybe we can help get you through this.

Don't loose the faith, we are here for you.

Good luck

I did hear it took somebody about 1 year to overcome the ccp issue,but till know I didn't hear anybody got blue twice just for it. Do you sure only ccp membership cause your SO blue? Does her job or university majore is hypersensitive to GZ? Does she have very high degree such as doctorial degree? Did she have ever serve in army?

If only for ccp issue, and she joined it just for her job, explain honestly for all item it required will be ok, they will check it and then get a result finally.

It maybe takes time but most of the cased I heard passed finally.

You can call DOS and e-mail GZ check your case status, but don't e-mail GZ too often.

Actually it only took a little over 3 months, it wasn't that bad.

PM me and between Carl and myself maybe we can help get you through this.

Don't loose the faith, we are here for you.

Good luck

I think I read her timeline wrong. It is a little confusing since it looks like she puts the day first then the month and year. Looks like it took about 5 months.

As I recall Paula's was a little faster but she quit the CCP before the interview which probably helped.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I think I read her timeline wrong. It is a little confusing since it looks like she puts the day first then the month and year. Looks like it took about 5 months.

As I recall Paula's was a little faster but she quit the CCP before the interview which probably helped.

Actually you read my timeline right, Carl, my intervew was on Nov.1st 2006, and I got my visa in hand on March 31st 2007, that is totally 5 months.I got I overcomes that issue earlier though through e-mail from GUZ and calling DOS,so it seems like about 4 months.

Paula took 1 more month than my case becase I handed in my statment at interview, she mailed it after she came back time. It took 1 more month for mail, receive and process the mail. She have quited 2 years before her interview. So from our cases if quit CCP not effect the process.

Guest Mike and Lily

Kind of funny; on my last trip to China I had to explain to my

wife's friend what the CPC stood for.

Maybe it's time for the US to forget about the CPC since the Chinese

don't seem to care about it.

It's Ironic that being a communist is an issue. China is more of a capitalist country now than the USA is. Our taxes are higher. The Chinese won't tell you what you can't build on your own land and what tress you can't cut down. And for those that think the we have greater freedom of speech than the Chinese do should read this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20430153/

Don't get me wrong, I love my country, but our current government is the biggest bunch of hypocrits I have ever seen.

Actually you read my timeline right, Carl, my intervew was on Nov.1st 2006, and I got my visa in hand on March 31st 2007, that is totally 5 months.I got I overcomes that issue earlier though through e-mail from GUZ and calling DOS,so it seems like about 4 months.

Paula took 1 more month than my case becase I handed in my statment at interview, she mailed it after she came back time. It took 1 more month for mail, receive and process the mail. She have quited 2 years before her interview. So from our cases if quit CCP not effect the process.

Thank you Yajie. Now the OP can get a better idea of how long it takes.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

we are having the same problem. we have waited 8 months now. she resigned from the party in december. her family was a victim of communism and had everything that they owned confiscated. they were terrorized during the cultural revolution and she was sent to a tree farm for two years where she labored hard and lived in a shack with no heat. she never received any pay for the work she and was not released until Mao died in 1976. i have explained this to them in letters but i get no reply and it seems they have forgotten us. her family story is a very tragic one and cannot be told here. they are all very afraid of the communists and when she became a christian they were very afraid that she might make them angry. it was very hard for her to meet her oppressors and resign. Bob