Successful Interview

I am George and my SO is Lixin. Our visa journey began 9 months ago, when I hired a lawyer to do K1 paperwork. Yesterday was Lixin's interview. She was first in line when the Consulate opened, so (of course) she got to see her VO at 12:30. The VO was a younger white man with a low voice. The interview went like this:

Lixin: Good afternoon, sir, here is my passport. (in Chinese)

VO: What is your fiance's address? (in bad Chinese) :D

Lixin: (Gives my address in English.)

VO: Oh, you speak English! (appears relieved)

Lixin: Yes, I taught it in school for 11 years.

VO: Where does your fiance work? What is his job?

Lixin: (answers)

VO: Has he been married before?

Lixin: Yes, twice before. (gives divorce dates)

VO: (looks at family New Years picture from Nanning) How many times has he been to China?

Lixin: Twice. In October of last year and at New Years this year.

VO: (looks quickly at financial data) Congratulations, here is your acceptance sheet.

Lixin: Thank you, sir, may I have my passport back?

That was it. 5 hours for 5 minutes. She stayed in GZ last night because her health records weren't ready yesterday, and because she has relatives in GZ. She lives in Shenzhen, so she told the Consulate to mail her visa. She will get it Tuesday. She has tickets for Aug 26th flight to the USA. :P

I would just like to add that at one point in the process, between the visa center and the consulate, it appeared like we were getting jerked around, so I wrote my Congressman. The gist of the answer he received from the Consul was that Lixin's interview would be scheduled as soon as possible, and that it would not be unnecessarily stressful (she has some health issues).

CONGRATULATIONS!! Best of luck to you both in your new life together!

Steve & Zhen

Guest Rob & Jin

I am George and my SO is Lixin. Our visa journey began 9 months ago, when I hired a lawyer to do K1 paperwork. Yesterday was Lixin's interview. She was first in line when the Consulate opened, so (of course) she got to see her VO at 12:30. The VO was a younger white man with a low voice. The interview went like this:

Lixin: Good afternoon, sir, here is my passport. (in Chinese)

VO: What is your fiance's address? (in bad Chinese) :P

Lixin: (Gives my address in English.)

VO: Oh, you speak English! (appears relieved)

Lixin: Yes, I taught it in school for 11 years.

VO: Where does your fiance work? What is his job?

Lixin: (answers)

VO: Has he been married before?

Lixin: Yes, twice before. (gives divorce dates)

VO: (looks at family New Years picture from Nanning) How many times has he been to China?

Lixin: Twice. In October of last year and at New Years this year.

VO: (looks quickly at financial data) Congratulations, here is your acceptance sheet.

Lixin: Thank you, sir, may I have my passport back?

That was it. 5 hours for 5 minutes. She stayed in GZ last night because her health records weren't ready yesterday, and because she has relatives in GZ. She lives in Shenzhen, so she told the Consulate to mail her visa. She will get it Tuesday. She has tickets for Aug 26th flight to the USA. B)

I would just like to add that at one point in the process, between the visa center and the consulate, it appeared like we were getting jerked around, so I wrote my Congressman. The gist of the answer he received from the Consul was that Lixin's interview would be scheduled as soon as possible, and that it would not be unnecessarily stressful (she has some health issues).

CONGRATULATIONS, HAVE A GREAT LIFE TOGETHER :D

Another congratulations to you!

Not as extravagant as others but it'll have to do! :P

Extravagance is nice, sincerity is appreciated. I am just sorry that I was so late in finding this website. I'll have to do a retro time line when I get the chance. I'll probably need all y'all for the AOS procedure, as I can do it either in Chicago or St Loius.