I asked for a status update and a resubmission of the namecheck. GZ responded:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry. Once we receive the pre-interview clearance we

will schedule the applicant 's visa interview and mail appointment packet of

interview-related information to the applicant. We cannot resend your

request until clearance agnecies request us to do so. Given the very high

volume of immigrant visa petitions for Chinese citizens and the difficulty

of getting notices to them, interview appointments are usually made four to

eight weeks after clearance is received.

Immigration Visa Unit

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based on the provisions of E.O. 12958.

So, they can't resubmit until the clearance agencies request it? Good thing I have a fairy godmother at DOS carefully shepherding the namecheck along, right? It's DOS THAT LOST THE NAMECHECK!!!!! They are NEVER going to resubmit it because they barely know it EXISTS!

Regardless of 12958, I'd classify this as total fertilizer.

I really feel for you Tom. What a load of horse ****! When we were going through the maze for 18 months, I often felt like I was repeatedly stuck between a rock and a hard place. When Owen and I met with the powers that be in GZ in February, it became apparent that they operate on what they call a "passive system", meaning they take no action unless someone requests them to do so. I am a little hot under the collar right now myself as I just got off the phone with BCIS trying to ascertain why Li has not been entered into the computer system after two plus months since arrival. One place tells you one thing, another place tells you the opposite. I could go on and on but I won't. I better calm down first, then post my experience in the "Immigration Challenges" Forum. Hang in there my friend, your visa will eventually come. Ours did. If you are a K1 however, there are more struggles ahead. Keep the faith though. It is the only way to stay sane. ;) :blink: :huh: :blink:

Hi Tom:

For whatever it worth, I will tell you my story, so you may feel a little better, at least not alone.

My case submitted to GUZ Sept 2002, passed interview Dec 2002, and I am still waiting.

I have been spending last 3 months try to get DOS/GUZ to resubmit my case. Today, the DOS computer still shows no sign of my case ever get resubmitted.

Talking about desperate!

:( :( :( :angry: :blink: :(

Guest R2D2

Based on info since we started this board, I have repeatedly said in order to get a resubmit, FAX GZ to do so with a CC: to your State Rep. Make sure they have the correct name and that it is spelled correctly. The reason that this board was started was that Yahoo ACC did not allow politics. This whole process is politics!!!! If you haven't learned that already, then you are reaping the benefits from those that have been fighting the system for you.

I can't believe that crap is still going on.

Thank God, Yuhui now has all paperwork needed short of the AOS interview letter (  EAD card , AP, SSN and DL ) , but I certainly do feel bad about those cases still in limbo.  :lol:

You should be thankful Eric, but you deserve it after suffering through those long Black Hole days. In our case, we have been two months plus and have nothing, diddley squat! Name hasn't even been entered into the BCIS system. :lol: :D

Mick, I thought you were all done with the process.  Did I miss something?  I could've sworn you had visa in hand.

You are correct Tom. We have the visa and are in the States. What we are dealing with now is headaches related to AOS and EAD. :angry:

Mick, I thought you were all done with the process.  Did I miss something?  I could've sworn you had visa in hand.

You are correct Tom. We have the visa and are in the States. What we are dealing with now is headaches related to AOS and EAD. :)

Right you are! Headaches with EAD, SSN, and AOS! This is what you have to look forward to after your fiancee is here. But the bright side is that you will be together as you work through stage two of the BCIS nightmare. :blink:

Mick, I thought you were all done with the process.  Did I miss something?  I could've sworn you had visa in hand.

You are correct Tom. We have the visa and are in the States. What we are dealing with now is headaches related to AOS and EAD. :D

Right you are! Headaches with EAD, SSN, and AOS! This is what you have to look forward to after your fiancee is here. But the bright side is that you will be together as you work through stage two of the BCIS nightmare. :huh:

A very good point AZ! :(