Owen's Book

Guest R2D2

I am anxiously awaiting Owen's book about his experiences in China. I am even willing to wait for the movie!!!! When is the movie coming out Owen? :angel:

I am anxiously awaiting Owen's book about his experiences in China. I am even willing to wait for the movie!!!! When is the movie coming out Owen? :P

Owen is going to write book and make movies? Wow! When Owen become famous, then all of us will be included in his book and movie. What jacket do you want to wear in that movie? :P

Sarah :lol:

I am anxiously awaiting Owen's book about his experiences in China. I am even willing to wait for the movie!!!! When is the movie coming out Owen? :P

I too am waiting with great anticipation and excitement. I particularly look forward to the segment covering our trip to GZ and the meeting with Richard Adams. Out of respect for authenticity, the movie should have Owen's character struggling with a cell phone that has Italian menus. Should also include the part where the security boys confiscated my felt tip pen. :D

As to which actor might play Owen, most of the guys I would opt for are dead. Maybe Raymond Massey, Walter Brennan, or Will Geer. Maybe Sean Connery would be a good choice or Sebastian Cabot (Is he still around?)

:D :lol: :P

[Maybe Sean Connery would be a good choice or Sebastian Cabot (Is he still around?)

:P  :lol:  :P

I agree on Sean Connerry. So the name of Owen's movie is "007 in China"?

Sarah :D

I can just see it now. "The name is Krout, Owen Krout". ;) :D :P

Would everybody please just STOP with the jokes???????

You're making me smile and I don't feel like smiling.

Ok, you may continue now.

In any case, the name of the movie, given events and Owen's resemblance to St Nick should obviously be "Miracle on Shamian Island" wherein Virginia asks "Is there really a visa machine Uncle Owen, or is it just a story they tell us to keep us quiet?"

Maybe there could be a scene where Owen climbs out of a taxi and says something like, "Ah, just the way I like it; shaken not stirred". :P  :P

:lol: :lol: :P what's the brand of that car?

Man, I leave you people alone for a little while without supervision and look what happens! :lol:

I'll suggest that the car could be a Lada. For those not in the know, the Lada is/was? the Russian rather pitiful attempt at a people's car. There are a few of them wheezing around Shenyang still.

Sebastian Cabot? The 16th century explorer? :P OH, the other one, Mr. French! Sorry to say, Mick, he has been gone for about 25 years. Well, after hearing this http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=63 I think that he may have had too much time on his hands.

Personally, I would have nominated Will Geer if he were still around.

As for the book.... It is moving along slowly. The Miami County newspaper, the Republic, (Miami County Kansas, that is) was interested in some articles, so I am using some of the material there. Has to be shortened for the space limitations, but seems to be popular as they keep asking for more. Four articles published so far.

Glad to hear you have had four of your articles published Owen. That is truly great news. Keep up the good work. <_< :unsure:

I think Will Geer would have been an excellent choice. Always liked him as the grandfather on The Waltons.