Pink!!!! Woohoo!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: ;) ;) :unsure:

Ask your SO, if you odn't mind, if she has any info to report on the results of others in general. Some have been saying only 10% apprx. are getting pinks!

She says that she saw a lot of blues, but she saw a lot of pinks as well. Of course, that covers all types of immigrant visas. Also, she saw a lot of older people getting pinks. Regardless, at least according to what she saw, there were definitely more than 10% of the people getting pinks.

We basically prepared everything suggested on 001 by a couple of "homeworks" (as the kids over there like to call them). My wife happened to meet a woman she knew from 001 at the Consulate, and both of them passed--the other woman only had a 1 minute interview. So my wife suggests that people prepare the stuff suggested on 001 and their chances of success will be pretty high. She also said that the "1-minute interview" woman submitted almost all of her materials with her original application, which I know was suggested on here before. She was basically asked 3-4 questions and then given her visa.

As for the money, I really don't remember paying it. I know we paid $190 (I think) when we submitted the I-130 at the Shanghai consulate, but that's it, I think. Regardless, we're holding onto it...

You might have coughed up the money and didn't realize it. I think that happened to me. I just gave my SO a bunch of money because I knew she would need it.

Congratulations! Best Wishes! :)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :guitar:

Ask your SO, if you odn't mind, if she has any info to report on the results of others in general. Some have been saying only 10% apprx. are getting pinks!

She says that she saw a lot of blues, but she saw a lot of pinks as well. Of course, that covers all types of immigrant visas. Also, she saw a lot of older people getting pinks. Regardless, at least according to what she saw, there were definitely more than 10% of the people getting pinks.

We basically prepared everything suggested on 001 by a couple of "homeworks" (as the kids over there like to call them). My wife happened to meet a woman she knew from 001 at the Consulate, and both of them passed--the other woman only had a 1 minute interview. So my wife suggests that people prepare the stuff suggested on 001 and their chances of success will be pretty high. She also said that the "1-minute interview" woman submitted almost all of her materials with her original application, which I know was suggested on here before. She was basically asked 3-4 questions and then given her visa.

Congrats on the visa. Doesn't it feel great!!!!!!!!

As for submitting extra evidence with the application. I am one of the ones who used and recommend this approach. My wife's interview lasted 2 minutes. This included questions about her son who wouldn't be coming with her.

My thought is, if you submit the minimum, then there are still a few blanks to be filled in. Why not help them gather additional information and gently steer them in a positive way?

Not to dig up a dead horse (is that the saying?), but we're now worried again about this $380 thing.

When my wife did her interview, she wasn't asked to pay the $380 fee. Also, the more we thought about it, the more we realized that we didn't pay it at any other time--we did DCF, so the interview was definitely the time when we should have paid it.

My wife said that just tonight someone on 001 told her that they were told to keep the receipt from their payment (they did DCF), and that it's definitely important and we should get in touch with GUZ about it.

Was anyone asked to see this receipt by the immigration folks at the border? Could this possibly be a hindrance to her entering the country next month when we go over?

She also said that the "1-minute interview" woman submitted almost all of her materials with her original application, which I know was suggested on here before. She was basically asked 3-4 questions and then given her visa.

First, sorry I missed this earlier in the week !! Congratulations on your success !!! Best wishes !! ;)

Next, with respect to your comment; yes, I too, early-on sensed a 'climate' change, with respect to how much info to supply with the original packages, be they the I-130 or the I-129F. I sensed this with the increase in info now required to be supplied with the I-130 for the bona fide marriage issue. Also, I read the USCIS instruction page very carefully and found some language in there, which also was 'tip-off' to me.

With both my I-130 and I-129F files, I submitted a lot of documents and neatly prepared memos to the file. I labled them all and included them in my table of contents. I also included color photos for each of my trips, including of the marriage ceremony with each file. In effect, I used the I-130 list of items, plus some more, with my I-129F file as well.

I wanted every check point along the way, to have access to all the information, and I wanted the VO in Guz to have access to all the pertinent info prior to the interview.

We will see ?? :( :P

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!! :D