Pink!!!! Woohoo!!!

My wife got pink!!!! We had her interview today (or yesterday, actually, since I'm posting this at 2:00 am). It was an incredibly nerve-wracking experience. We were up all night last night preparing our forms and getting everything organized. Then, despite being in the 7:15 group, she didn't get out until 1:15. Those 6 hours were some of the most stressful 6 hours I've experienced, that's for sure.

But, the good news is we passed! Her interview was really short, too. She's going to do a big long post on 001, and then I'll use that info to put a nice post up here about her interview, what all we prepared, etc.

Until then, just wanted to share our results and say THANK YOU, CFL!!! We really owe you guys so much for all of your patience and help. We couldn't have done this without you all. I'm just so happy that my wife will be able to make it in time to start school this fall.

A quick question: We haven't paid the $380 fee yet. We had the money prepared but my wife never got asked for it. After getting her pink slip, she asked one of the guards about it, and they said that we must have paid it, or they wouldn't have given her pink. Then they said that even if she didn't pay it, she'll be able to pay it later--even in America. Anyone ever heard of anything like this happening before?

My wife got pink!!!! We had her interview today (or yesterday, actually, since I'm posting this at 2:00 am). It was an incredibly nerve-wracking experience. We were up all night last night preparing our forms and getting everything organized. Then, despite being in the 7:15 group, she didn't get out until 1:15. Those 6 hours were some of the most stressful 6 hours I've experienced, that's for sure.

But, the good news is we passed! Her interview was really short, too. She's going to do a big long post on 001, and then I'll use that info to put a nice post up here about her interview, what all we prepared, etc.

Until then, just wanted to share our results and say THANK YOU, CFL!!! We really owe you guys so much for all of your patience and help. We couldn't have done this without you all. I'm just so happy that my wife will be able to make it in time to start school this fall.

A quick question: We haven't paid the $380 fee yet. We had the money prepared but my wife never got asked for it. After getting her pink slip, she asked one of the guards about it, and they said that we must have paid it, or they wouldn't have given her pink. Then they said that even if she didn't pay it, she'll be able to pay it later--even in America. Anyone ever heard of anything like this happening before?

You sure.....because unless the visa fee was paid when you submitted the visa application, it never would have been processed and sent to the consulate, however I would hold on to it, just in case they realize their mistake and do bill you later.

But in the meantime.......CONGRATULATIONS

Edited by Carl (see edit history)

http://www.userfriendlyonline.com/pics/congarat.gif

I've seen these mice many times in other people's threads. It's great to see them in ours, Ling-Curt :sosad:

As for the money, I really don't remember paying it. I know we paid $190 (I think) when we submitted the I-130 at the Shanghai consulate, but that's it, I think. Regardless, we're holding onto it...