OT - Posted Photos

Aloha from Hawaii,

Contrary to popular belief, a man is not judged by how he is dressed.  A man

is judged by the woman he is with.  And you look like a cradle robber. A

happy cradle robber.  I did the same thing.  I think my wife will be as happy

as Li looks when she gets here in two weeks.

Myles aka Annakuen'GG

Yes, I am a happy cradle robber. :D :D B)

Actually, the reality is that I look a bit older than my age (I grew the beard back) and Li looks younger than her actual age. Still, there is a difference in our ages. I am 54 and Li (I won't get too specific here) is in her early thirties. We have been together five years now so you can imagine how young she must have looked when we met.

Glad to hear your lady will be with you in two weeks Myles. I know it has been a long wait. Wish you the best. Also look forward to seeing you photos.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mick and Li,

I have four things to say:

1.be sure to get lots of information and alternative opinions about your condition if possible. I too have had serious health issues and the variance on what was to be done and how was truly amazing. In the end, you need to trust your instincts.

2. I can't say that I was impressed by the healthiness of Chinese cooking. The vast majority of things that I sampled were cooked in the "fire pot" with peanut oil and other not so great things - lots of meat -

of course there were many healthful dishes but that is equally true of European/American cuisine as well. Bottom line, eat lots of fresh foods, vegetables and fruits and minimize the amount of processed/salty/fatty stuff. Substituting Tofu is helpful -

3. A daily walk can work wonders for one's heart -

4. The pictures are awesome. You are both lucky to have eachother.

My Best, Dave

PS. I hope that Sarah doesn't read this post - I can already hear her saying" Sure, you can tell others how to eat healthy - when are you going to start? " B)

2. I can't say that I was impressed by the healthiness of Chinese cooking. The vast majority of things that I sampled were cooked in the "fire pot" with peanut oil and other not so great things - lots of meat -

of course there were many healthful dishes but that is equally true of European/American cuisine as well. Bottom line, eat lots of fresh foods, vegetables and fruits and minimize the amount of processed/salty/fatty stuff. Substituting Tofu is helpful -

3. A daily walk can work wonders for one's heart -

Many Chinese foods are not healthy either. "Fire pot" also increase inner fire. Personally, I like fresh vegetables and light food. I totally agree with your diet suggestion.

We used to have a walk on the campus in China until his heart problem turned to bad around a year ago. After Mick feels better, we will begin to have a walk daily again. Taking a walk is not only good to health, but also provides a good opportunity for us to share ideas and enjoy time together.

B) :D

When I read what I typed, I find there are several mistakes. Shy.  B)  :D

Li

Li, please don't apologise. I loved your childhood story. I have always loved the ocean and its many moods. You expressed your first visit perfectly! :D

Don, thank you for your encouraging words. :D :angel: :angel:

Mick,

Avoid spicy food and salty food in some Chinese cooking. You are lucky to have a young wife. It seems like Chinese ladies like older guys (father figure). My cousin was 62 when he married his Chinese bride. She was 26 at that time. Now he has two beautiful daughters. He is 70 now.

It's really great to see your beautiful pictures and happy smiles, Mick and Xiao Hua! 5 years waiting -- It's worthwhile, isn't it?

Great to hear from you Littlebear! Yes, five years was a long time to wait but they were great years in the sense that we were together, growing in love and respect for each other every day. Hope all is going well with you and Zeak. :unsure: