Information on increased greencard & citizenship apps.

So maybe we should be passing laws requiring everyone to have "x" income and liquid assets before they can get married??????

Gee, maybe we should pass laws to limit having children by anyone who doesn't have the means to raise a child from birth through college. Perhaps put $250-500k in a secured account before you can have a license to make a baby..........

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lower class people should not be allowed to live!! And if you mulitpy,,,,,well you must be eliminated. We can not have a society of scumb!!!

The new fees are steep but they have nothing to do with being wealthy and privilaged to take advantage of them. If one cannot afford the price increases, one has no business getting married in the first place. ;)

That depends upon how borderline poor you are . There is always a tipping point . Maybe that fee should be on a percentage of your gross income.Then maybe you would have a different view.A few months ago there was a poll done on income level of the members of this board. I rank close to the bottom . I have a different lifestyle than most of you on this board , no cell phone no cable tv. If I was not involved with someone in china then I would not have highspeed internet connection. Can I afford this increase yes. but it will cost me a great deal more than someone making five times as much income. Can I support a future wife yes but our life will be better off if both of us work. This has been discussed at great length between yan and myself early on in our relationship. That if both of us work we can have a good life,not the best life but a good one. One of the reasons why I decided upon a chinese partner is for the most part there is a good work ethic in dealing with their culture. A friend of mine is Chinese and EVERY chinese woman she knows in this area works.

In a country where you have 3 and 4 generation welfare families and many of the children are half brother and sisters to a half dozen other children why would you desire to deny someone the ability to enter this country and make a contribution to this society. I read a few years ago that a large percentage of the doctors and engineers in this country are the children of immigrant parents. Life is a bit like a game of cards. Some of us have been dealt a better hand than others. Is this reason that us poor people cannot have a life with someone special.

The lower class people should not be allowed to live!! And if you mulitpy,,,,,well you must be eliminated. We can not have a society of scumb!!!

Let me set the stage right!!

There are a few members that think I'm being negative!

this is far from the truth!

I love and respect the US.

I was born and raised here!!

The only reason I'm upset is that i do not beleive it is right to increase

the fees as much as they want to!

I do not feel it is fair to the lower class workers that have to work as hard as they do with the dream of a happy life!

I have been rich and poor many times.

That is just the way it is!

I know how it feels to try to make ends meet!

But now as i write this post I'm a very rich man!

Money is not the problem now!

Yes, I work in a factory Now!

That is only to keep me busy and not to die of bordem!!

For 13 years i worked in LAW Inforcement!!

So i do know the LAW!!

There are a few other members here on CFL that know my background!! and know where I'm coming from!

I may be just the new guy on the block here on CFL

But i have been around longer than you may think!

I do not mean to upset other members here on CFL.

Where a family that always helps and care for each other!

During this long stressful process to get our SO here!

As for the new increase in fees?

Yes, Of course i wil pay them, Money is not a problem for me!

And i know everyone else will do the same.

WHY??? You may ask?

Because our SO are the most important love of our lives!!

That is WHY! we started this long stressful process to begin with!

We may be married now or will be soon!

There is another members that said: NO amnisty for illegal immigrants!!

I agree with this 100%

If our government is going to give amnisty to anyone.

IMO: I think it should be for our SO. Not for someone that just jumped across the fence!

The reason i say this, Is because we all have payed the fees and the stress and the time to bring our SO together with us!

I'm sure that my words might hit the hearts of others here on CFL

But i know there are many that feel the same as i do!!

So if you do not agree with what I'm saying, I'M SORRY!!

I do not mean to upset anyone here on CFL!!

I'm Just voicing my feelings

I know I'm just one man!

And if everyone would just step up to the plate and voice there concerns about the illegal immigration problem to our government.

Maybe!! Just Maybe, Everything will work our for the best for everyone!!

I am a fighter and i never quit!!

Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome!!!

Once again! I'M sorry if i upset anyone here on CFL!

I love and respect everyone here!

If you are borderline poor, then why on earth would you promise to support and give another person a better life by bringing them over here from another country if you can barely support yourself?? Thats so selfish when this person gives up everything to come here for you. Do you realize that by signing financial support papers, you are obligated to financially support her/him for the next 10 years even if you get divorced?... Im not saying I agree with the price hikes.. I dont. But if you cannot afford another 600 dollars, then how can you afford to take care of another person? The system isnt denying you bringing someone over thats poor, its you who had better be able to afford to bring them over and support them. No one wants to live a poor life and most of our SOs want and expect a better life with us.

Edited by Steve and Qingqing (see edit history)

If you are borderline poor, then why on earth would you promise to support and give another person a better life by bringing them over here from another country if you can barely support yourself?? Thats so selfish when this person gives up everything to come here for you. Do you realize that by signing financial support papers, you are obligated to financially support her/him for the next 10 years even if you get divorced?... Im not saying I agree with the price hikes.. I dont. But if you cannot afford another 600 dollars, then how can you afford to take care of another person? The system isnt denying you bringing someone over thats poor, its you who had better be able to afford to bring them over and support them. No one wants to live a poor life and most of our SOs want and expect a better life with us.

As far as I am concerned.....You've hit the nail on it's head here! I whole heartedly agree with what Steve and Qingqing said here. :rolleyes:

I couldn't have said it better! :ph34r:

PapaBear :blink:

"Blessed are the poor for they shall inherit the Kingdom of Heaven."

Amen Brother! But your idea of Heaven and my idea of Heaven may differ......ie. some people see Heaven as an "after-life" while I see Heaven as in the "here and now." :rolleyes:

PapaBear :ph34r:

I didn't quote that for my behalf, but for those who seem to view the poorer members of our society with disdain who might subscribe to that particular faith. Some of the posts in this topic, intentionally or not, do read as a criticism of the "income challenged" and frankly these kinds of statements truly disgust me.

There are many families managing on incomes above the 125% number required by immigration. But to impose a $600 fee on such a family would still cause undue hardship that you or I might not face. These people manage financially by being very careful and working very hard. Should they be denied the chance at happiness because they lack our earning power?

As I said a few posts ago. Should we impose standards for all Americans to meet before they can get married? And if so, who gets to set the standard???? Most politicians have far more money than me. Perhaps they believe that no one could possibly support a family on less than $100,000 per year. I've met plenty of people who think $100,000 is a meager income. I know plenty more who do ok on far, far less. Who decides what is enough????

The .gov has decided 125% of the poverty level is enough. Asking someone who is making "enough" but barely to fork over $500, $1000, $2000 more could easily put the option out of reach while for some of us can pay that without blinking. Is that fair? This isn't about buying a ferrari vs buying a 15 year old Chevy. Cars, houses, etc. are property, whatever you can afford and want is no one else's business. But families are the most fundamental part of our existence and no legislation should EVER be allowed to restrict anyone's access to having a family with which to share one's life.

Edited by Ling-Curt (see edit history)

As far as I am concerned.....You've hit the nail on it's head here! I whole heartedly agree with what Steve and Qingqing said here. :censor:

I couldn't have said it better! :angry:

Papa Bear :blink:

Well as a poor person, I see that not only am I physically challenged, I am morally challenged with this group too. Not only me be several of us on this group. WE do not FIT because we are on the lower end of the scale of richness. I never in my life thought that I would read from someone YOUr TOO POOR TO GET MARRED!

I guess that I should go next door and tell my neighbor that HE is too poor to get married. He only makes minimum wage, works part time. He is engaged to get married. He has bills out the wazoo. His x-wife took everything except the house which he is now heavily in debt on because of her. He wants to marry a poor Philipino gal too. He has a 4 bedroom house with a 2 car garage here. She has an equivalent to a shack to live in on the farm.

You know everything is not about money in life. Sure it takes money to live, but not EVERYTHING is about money.

If the US wants to raise the fee so be it. I am allowed to bitch. yep! Am I not allowed to get married? I don't think so. Last time I looked this was AMERICA.

I am 3rd generation German, my family was poor as hell. Still is. Except my sister. She got lucky. But my Gradfather and Grandmother still brought over from Germany others in the family. They came to America and worked. Stayed with my grandparents until they were able to stand on their own. In return They Brought over more of the family.

Oh well I am poor so you don't want to hear from me. I just babble.

As far as I am concerned.....You've hit the nail on it's head here! I whole heartedly agree with what Steve and Qingqing said here. :censor:

Well as a poor person, I see that not only am I physically challenged, I am morally challenged with this group too. Not only me be several of us on this group. WE do not FIT because we are on the lower end of the scale of richness. I never in my life thought that I would read from someone YOUr TOO POOR TO GET MARRED!

I guess that I should go next door and tell my neighbor that HE is too poor to get married. He only makes minimum wage, works part time. He is engaged to get married. He has bills out the wazoo. His x-wife took everything except the house which he is now heavily in debt on because of her. He wants to marry a poor Philipino gal too. He has a 4 bedroom house with a 2 car garage here. She has an equivalent to a shack to live in on the farm.

You know everything is not about money in life. Sure it takes money to live, but not EVERYTHING is about money.

If the US wants to raise the fee so be it. I am allowed to bitch. yep! Am I not allowed to get married? I don't think so. Last time I looked this was AMERICA.

I am 3rd generation German, my family was poor as hell. Still is. Except my sister. She got lucky. But my Gradfather and Grandmother still brought over from Germany others in the family. They came to America and worked. Stayed with my grandparents until they were able to stand on their own. In return They Brought over more of the family.

Rick it is very important to hear all sides of the spectrum. Your family was poor in money but very rich in spirit. We have the right to the pursuit of happiness.

Rick don't let those that feel they are better then others just because their income is higher get you down.

I have an average income but am broke as hell due to this entire process. Now I have to work my ass off to try and save enough for another trip for her overcome. It means pushing out some bills and playing the W2 game.

Sometime the middle income can be just as hard off as the lower income.

Rick don't let those that feel they are better then others just because their income is higher get you down.

I have an average income but am broke as hell due to this entire process. Now I have to work my ass off to try and save enough for another trip for her overcome. It means pushing out some bills and playing the W2 game.

Sometime the middle income can be just as hard off as the lower income.

That's a big AMEN brother. This process is draining me as well.

People sponsor people coming over for other than marriage reasons... often the sponsors just want parts of their family here and the pool resources to come up with the sponsorship... you can bet that person is working and the sponsors do little after they are here...

If the alien comes over via any debt, all the more reason they usually work.

Oh com on....this is not the case!! And that is not what's being said here!! How do you read those words into what's being said here? :roller:

I think there are too many cases of the Petetionier thinking more about themselves than about their loved one, the beneficiary. Really!! :unsure:

Come on guys!!

PapaBear :censor: