Information on increased greencard & citizenship apps.

Rakkasan: If you would do all the math with all the other fees that are included with this increase, Then you would know!!!

And now you say that you need to work OT and save on meals.

The way i see it, your in the same boat as some others here in the US!!!

Your missing the whole point to the increases in fees!

I do not mind the increase in fees.

But IMO: The fees should spread out over time, NOT ALL AT ONCE!!!!!!!!

I did do the math on the fees that affect those involved in the I-130 and I-129f process and the biggest increase was with the proposed increase on AOS which I believe was 279% increase. The increase for other visas such as those wanting to come to the US to open businesses was much larger going from $475 to $2850, but since I am not looking bring a fiance here as an entrepreneur I could care less about this increase.

My working overtime to raise extra money does not mean I am in the same boat as you. First of all I am not complaining about the hardship like you are, I will just suck it up and do what it takes because my fiance is worth it. Secondly, the purpose of working overtime or skipping dinner out is to raise the money without having an impact on my budget, not because I can't afford the cost. I actually have a savings account, 401K and retirement plan and can pull the money out of savings at any time to cover this cost as necessary. My comment was merely to point out that if you want something bad enough you will do what is necessary to obtain it, in this case raising the money needed for your AOS by October.

I am not missing the point about the increase in fees, it seems I understand the increase better than you. When you write USCIS be sure to point out that they should spread the increase over time, but Congress has given them a mandate and I suspect that it does not stipulate that they make the increase easily affordable. Congress want USCIS to be financially independent ASAP, and we are expected to work out the details to cover the costs involved. It is that simple. We may not like it, but as I stated before the public hearings and written responses are merely a formality, the fees are going to go up no matter what the public says. Tighten your wallet, work overtime, do whatever it takes because this is going to happen and there is nothing you or I can do to stop it or change it.

Edited by Rakkasan (see edit history)
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic