Information on increased greencard & citizenship apps.

Hi,

This will probably be of interest to most of the members of the group. They are planning on raising the fees extensively on both the green card and the citizenship applications. This doesn't appear to even include the biometric fees which would add an additional $70 to the cost. It appears that if approved it will be effective in October. Here is the link to the article I just saw on Yahoo news.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070131/pl_nm/...gration_fees_dc

Gale

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I probably placed this in the wrong forum by mistake. If the moderator want to move it to the proper forum, please go ahead and do it!

Gale

Hi,

This will probably be of interest to most of the members of the group. They are planning on raising the fees extensively on both the green card and the citizenship applications. This doesn't appear to even include the biometric fees which would add an additional $70 to the cost. It appears that if approved it will be effective in October. Here is the link to the article I just saw on Yahoo news.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070131/pl_nm/...gration_fees_dc

Gale

WOW!!!!!!!!! :roller: :mobrun: :D :surprise: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: May not seem like much to the average working Joe. But for those of us on the lower end of the scale, that is a BIG jump, and most likely a killer for some of us. :blink:

WOW!!!!!!!!! :angry: :) :P :surprise: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: May not seem like much to the average working Joe. But for those of us on the lower end of the scale, that is a BIG jump, and most likely a killer for some of us. :blink:

WOW!!!!!!! is not the word i would have used!!

Once again our wonderful American government thinks we are made of money!!!!!

We work longer hours, And our pay checks get smaller every week!!

Not only do we go through the LONG and STRESSFUL process of getting our SO here with us in hopes of a wonderful life together!!!! During this process we endure blue slips if not many of them!!!

White Slips!!! Pink slips!!!! Red slips!!!!! and what ever other coler slips they might have!!!!!

All in hopes to have our SO here with us to enjoy a happy life together here in the US.

Some of us might slip by this incress in fees for there SO are here now!!

But some of us are still waiting and waiting and waiting and still spending a ton of money!!!!

Some of us might have the money to spend and and not have a problem doing so!!!!

But i know that there are many of us that barely make the 125% lavel.

There are also many here that have had to get the help from other family members just to make the 125% level of income.

It seams every time we turn around there is a new fee for something!!!!!!!

This is a bunch of CRAP!! WTF!!!! I have been busting my Ass for, God only know how long!

Just trying to make a simple life for myself and my SO.

I can see it now!!!! Sell the dog, Sell the cat, Sell the birds witch cost a ton of money too!!!

And maybe even the fish will get sold just to make ends meet!!!

This visa process is long enough, Let alone having to continue this long process after our SO

get here with us and the money keeps going UP!! and UP!!

Plus to top this whole thing off, They say it will speed up the process, BULL SH@t!!!!

We all know the US government does nothing fast!!! and never will.

It's like when you drive down the street ever where in america you see road work being done.

You see five guys watching one guy diging a hole!!

Now we know why it take a year to fix one city block!!!

Once again!! This is a bunch of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to everyone here on CFL for the rant and rave, But this just PISSES me off!!!

I work my ass off everyday and i work hard for every penny i make.

At this point, My CR1 is looking better everyday, I much rather wait a month or two and my wife feels the same.

We all know how our Chinese SO like to save money and they are very good at it.

With each passing day, Life in China is looking better and better.

Once again I'm sorry to everyone here on CLF!! For getting so upset!!!

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

WOW!!!!!!!!! :angry: :) :P :surprise: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: May not seem like much to the average working Joe. But for those of us on the lower end of the scale, that is a BIG jump, and most likely a killer for some of us. :blink:

Not only do we go through the LONG and STRESSFUL process of getting our SO here with us in hopes of a wonderful life together!!!! During this process we endure blue slips if not many of them!!!

White Slips!!! Pink slips!!!! Red slips!!!!! and what ever other coler slips they might have!!!!!

All in hopes to have our SO here with us to enjoy a happy life together here in the US.

But some of us are still waiting and waiting and waiting and still spending a ton of money!!!!

Some of us might have the money to spend and and not have a problem doing so!!!!

There are also many here that have had to get the help from other family members just to make the 125% level of income.

This is a bunch of CRAP!! WTF!!!! I have been busting my Ass for, God only know how long!

I can see it now!!!! Sell the dog, Sell the cat, Sell the birds witch cost a ton of money too!!!

This visa process is long enough, Let alone having to continue this long process after our SO

Plus to top this whole thing off, They say it will speed up the process, BULL SH@t!!!!

It's like when you drive down the street ever where in america you see road work being done.

I'm sorry to everyone here on CFL for the rant and rave, But this just PISSES me off!!!

At this point, My CR1 is looking better everyday, I much rather wait a month or two and my wife feels the same.

And to top it off, if you are married to your SO, then she is liable for taxes in the US even while living in China CRAP is putting it lightly.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

And to top it off, if you are married to a foriegn national, she is liable for taxes in the US. CRAP is putting it lightly.

YES, This is just a way for our wonderful land of the free to steel money from us and our So the legal way.

And to top it off, if you are married to a foriegn national, she is liable for taxes in the US. CRAP is putting it lightly.

YES, This is just a way for our wonderful land of the free to steel money from us and our So the legal way.

This fee hike is just an easy and simple way to cover the resource drain from the illegal aliens. That is why a lot of us are soooo pi$$ed off at the way our gov handles the illeagl aliens issue. :blink:

We don't need any more damn law but just enforce the ones that are on the book and the problem will go away. :angry:

This fee hike is just an easy and simple way to cover the resource drain from the illegal aliens. That is why a lot of us are soooo pi$$ed off at the way our gov handles the illeagl aliens issue. :blink:

We don't need any more damn law but just enforce the ones that are on the book and the problem will go away. :angry:

So True!!!

As we sit here posting we have 200.000 illigal aliens crossing our sothern borders everyday!

And what does our government to about this, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

But they do give them work and they let them live here with rights and bennifits.

I work as a mantiance tect in a factory. Other than my brother and I there is only three other people that speak english, Everyday i come to work and there is someone new!!!

Now!! We know why our pay checks are getting smaller every week!!!!

I know I"m not the only one that feels this way. And I'm sure everyone here on CFL feels the same as i do.

I'll give our government some credit, The only thing they are doing is making it harder for the ones that want to come here the legal way, OUR SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After writing my first post on this subject i was just going to turn off my computer and go to bed!!

Well that did not happen, I'm so pissed off, I can't sleep now!!! Thanks and to our government, OH!!! theres another 200.000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try to sleep again now before i get in trouble from the MODS!!

Sorry again, DON and All the Other MODS

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

It is getting some flack on the hill, hope it won't pass.

Increased Immigration Fees Denounced

By Darryl Fears and Spencer S. Hsu

Washington Post Staff Writers

Thursday, February 1, 2007; Page A07

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.) joined a chorus of immigrant advocacy groups in condemning the Bush administration's plan to charge legal immigrants significantly more money to obtain green cards, adjust their residency status and bring relatives to the United States.

Under the plan, announced yesterday by Emilio Gonzalez, director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the government would charge $905 -- up from $325 -- to apply for a green card or to adjust residency status. Immigrants with green cards would have to pay $595 to become naturalized citizens, a $265 increase. The cost of bringing a foreign fiance to the United States would more than double, to $455.

"This drastic increase will price the American dream out of reach for qualified immigrants wanting to be citizens of our country," Kennedy said. He called on Congress to appropriate more money to USCIS, which depends on fees for 99 percent of its budget. "We are a nation of immigrants, and Congress should recognize its responsibility to support the vital work of immigration services by appropriating the necessary funds," he said.

read on ...

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.) joined a chorus of immigrant advocacy groups in condemning the Bush administration's plan to charge legal immigrants significantly more money to obtain green cards, adjust their residency status and bring relatives to the United States.

Under the plan, announced yesterday by Emilio Gonzalez, director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the government would charge $905 -- up from $325 -- to apply for a green card or to adjust residency status. Immigrants with green cards would have to pay $595 to become naturalized citizens, a $265 increase. The cost of bringing a foreign fiance to the United States would more than double, to $455.

"This drastic increase will price the American dream out of reach for qualified immigrants wanting to be citizens of our country," Kennedy said. He called on Congress to appropriate more money to USCIS, which depends on fees for 99 percent of its budget. "We are a nation of immigrants, and Congress should recognize its responsibility to support the vital work of immigration services by appropriating the necessary funds," he said.

read on ...

I'll just add some more to the fire!!!!!!!

Read this link, I'm sure it will make everyone feel better.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070201/D8N0V3C00.html

Thanks for the link dnoblett. It's a good read.

I am quite angry myself at these fee increases. I think they should have been done in stages, not this 200-400% kind of increase. That's just ridiculous. I actually understand that they do need the fee increase to cover the cost, especially if the clients (petitioners) are asking for speedy and courteous service, but it's not acceptable to double or quadruple the fees all at once.

Also, I think there should be penalty fees paid by any illegals who are given amnesty and who will apply in the future. It's not right that we are subsidizing fees for this future wave of applications that we all know will be coming soon. These illegals should be made to pay a hefty fine and that fine should be used to subsidize and offset the fees paid by the legal applications.

read on ...

those of us in the immigration PROCESS line already, should not have to suffer the fee increases. I can't see any logical reason that this could not be put into effect 1) a lower fee rate increase.....2) when, and if passed, those *in* the pipeline are exempt from the increase, and those applying after the passing date, would pay the SMALLER fee rate. 3) Those in the damned amnisty program pay the higher upgraded fee right from the get go. No excuses.

Oh Oh I said the bad word!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOGIC,,,,,,, Sorry guys! I fell off the sensible wagon again.