Be at US home now.

Hi all budies, I finally got my american house last night (american time). This long trip was OK. Luckly I had 3 hours layover time in LAX. Immigration and customs at LA was not slow, Immigration officer didnt ask me any question at all after I told him I only had 3 hours to caught another flight. He just let me sign my name and took my finger print on a form, no photo taken. Funny thing was I was very nervous with my fringer print taken. The officer kept telling me relax, this is america, then relax please Moly holy, America means relax? :lol: After I did finger print, he said go get your all lugguage, then back here. It took me almost 45 hours to collet all my luggage, 4 big suitcases, 1 carry suitcase, 2 big backbags, 2 big paper fans for decation house and one my son's toy. It seemed I was a strong woman :o :lol: Honestly I was diappointed with there was nobody to help me put luggage on the cart. Luckly a portor came by me and offered help, He was first american I talked to after I entered into the USA. Of course I tipped him after he help get the american airline terminals. I was shocked so many passagers were lining for check in. the portor told the airline office that I need catch another flight, but officer said it is still almost 2 hours, so just stay in line, hopefully you wont miss the plane. Seems he didnt care if I would miss the plane or not. :happydance: I waitted for 1.5 hours to get my boarding cards finally. only 40 mins left, but guess what? when I was hurried to get boarding gate, I was told my flight was delayed,luckly only 20 mins delay. On the american plane, I found big difference is american plane just like chinese train, because of cheap price, flight attendent only offer you free water, food and snacks need money :huh: 3 hours later, my husband picked me up in the airport.

New problem: I didnt sleep very well last night, only 3 hours slept, now I am feeling very sleepy, but cant fall asleep.

Guest ShaQuaNew

It took me almost 45 hours to collet all my luggage, 4 big suitcases, 1 carry suitcase, 2 big backbags, 2 big paper fans for decation house and one my son's toy. It seemed I was a strong woman :lol: :happydance:

New problem: I didnt sleep very well last night, only 3 hours slept, now I am feeling very sleepy, but cant fall asleep.

45 hours to collect all your luggage? Who wouldn't be tired after that? :lol: Yes, of course you meant minutes....

WELCOME TO THE USA PAULA!

Welcome Paula! Glad you made it. I know what jet lag is about, it makes for several bad nights sleeping. You will get over it.

Paula, I'm so happy that you are now at your new home in the USA. It has been a long and difficult road for you, but you never gave up. CONGRATS!!!

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! :P :D :D :D :D

Edited by Juette (see edit history)

Welcome home and Good fortune to you.

The Customs and Immigration check at LAX is very impressive, isn't it?

I was surprised by the speed considering the large number of people that go through there in a days time. We were treated very pleasantly as well and I have always been welcomed home by an official.

Paula, welcome to the U.S.A.

Glad to see you have quickly been indoctrinated in the culture of tipping in this country. My SO already is shocked when I tell her that our restaurant bill in the U.S. will need to be increased by at least 15% for the tip and 8.2% for sales tax.

David

Congrats and welcome to the US. I guess no problems were encountered with US Customs with regards to the faux LV bags?

AAFS, why do I remember Seattle as levying a 9%+ sales tax on restaurant food? It's only 8.2% now?