All right......I know you guys are getting sick of hearing this, but I just couldn't resist. Woke up this morning to find yet another e-mail from the GZ "info team", informing me that my "fiancee" has still not shown up to pick up her visa!!!!!! Wow! Then I better call the police right now, because there has been a beautiful Chinese woman, who is now my wife, living in my house since we both returned from China, with K-1 in hand, three weeks ago!!!!!

Again newbies, and not so newbies.....this is what you are up against in terms of dealing with GZ. We received the visa on 03-10.....Mick and several other lovely Chinese wives/fiancees who stood in line with us can vouch that we were there....and nearly a month later, GZ apparently does not have a clue as to the status of our case. Please bear this in mind when interpreting news from these folks, either good or bad.

All right......I know you guys are getting sick of hearing this, but I just couldn't resist.  Woke up this morning to find yet another e-mail from the GZ "info team", informing me that my "fiancee" has still not shown up to pick up her visa!!!!!!  Wow!  Then I better call the police right now, because there has been a beautiful Chinese woman, who is now my wife, living in my house since we both returned from China, with K-1 in hand, three weeks ago!!!!!

Again newbies, and not so newbies.....this is what you are up against in terms of dealing with GZ.  We received the visa on 03-10.....Mick and several other lovely Chinese wives/fiancees who stood in line with us can vouch that we were there....and nearly a month later, GZ apparently does not have a clue as to the status of our case.  Please bear this in mind when interpreting news from these folks, either good or bad.

Good one ! :lol: ;)

Why don't you email them back a scan of the visa and a pic of you two at home...

:lol: :lol: :lol: They might THEN get the message about updating their hi-tech info system..

Good grief !

Seriously Tex, you ought to write a book! I mean your case is a prime example of mistake after mistake. Like Owen says, this does not surprise me in the least however. For all of those waiting for word, take a lesson from this post. You just cannot trust what GZ says. I was there on March 10 when Tex's lovely lady picked up her visa. The level of incompetency is absolutely mind-boggling. ;) :lol: :lol:

This is unbelievable. In your case, it's good because you already have your visa. Imagine if it's the other way around. Instead of sending out paperwork for the interview, GZ's super high-tech computer system has the status of "VISA ISSUED", then what could that unlucky person do? Since they don't answer email or phone anymore.

This is unbelievable.  In your case, it's good because you already have your visa.  Imagine if it's the other way around.  Instead of sending out paperwork for the interview, GZ's super high-tech computer system has the status of "VISA ISSUED", then what could that unlucky person do?  Since they don't answer email or phone anymore.

:o :o :o :o :o

Let's all pray that never happens!

All right......I know you guys are getting sick of hearing this, but I just couldn't resist.  Woke up this morning to find yet another e-mail from the GZ "info team", informing me that my "fiancee" has still not shown up to pick up her visa!!!!!!  Wow!  Then I better call the police right now, because there has been a beautiful Chinese woman, who is now my wife, living in my house since we both returned from China, with K-1 in hand, three weeks ago!!!!!

Again newbies, and not so newbies.....this is what you are up against in terms of dealing with GZ.  We received the visa on 03-10.....Mick and several other lovely Chinese wives/fiancees who stood in line with us can vouch that we were there....and nearly a month later, GZ apparently does not have a clue as to the status of our case.  Please bear this in mind when interpreting news from these folks, either good or bad.

I would copy that email to M. Harty office.

All right......I know you guys are getting sick of hearing this, but I just couldn't resist.  Woke up this morning to find yet another e-mail from the GZ "info team", informing me that my "fiancee" has still not shown up to pick up her visa!!!!!!  Wow!  Then I better call the police right now, because there has been a beautiful Chinese woman, who is now my wife, living in my house since we both returned from China, with K-1 in hand, three weeks ago!!!!!

Again newbies, and not so newbies.....this is what you are up against in terms of dealing with GZ.  We received the visa on 03-10.....Mick and several other lovely Chinese wives/fiancees who stood in line with us can vouch that we were there....and nearly a month later, GZ apparently does not have a clue as to the status of our case.  Please bear this in mind when interpreting news from these folks, either good or bad.

I would copy that email to M. Harty office.

That's a great idea Eric. And might I suggest a copy to Richard Adams as well. :blush:

Why does this not surprise me at all?  ;)

Me, either!!!!!

Well on 2nd thought, you really need to take this into consideration: all K visa holders only get a stamp in their passports. There is really not too much processing paperwork involved since the immigration process will not start until they arrive in the USA. Unlike the IR cases, they can't miss that because they carry all the immigration paperwork with them, which they have to update or they can't close the case - and POE uses whatever they bring and INS issued the green cards, in my daughter's case - 3 weeks later.

There is no excuse for such sloppy record keeping in GZ, but we also need to realize, they are still in the middle of backlog cleanup. It only takes one goofy employee that can make the entire organiztion look ridiculous, as some of us have encountered how easy it is to make mistakes if we don't double/triple check before we send out company reports.

I truly hope this is an isolated case, but also be on guard for the NEWBIEs; as long as your case is not resolved within a reasonable time frame, it is your right to get answer from them; they owe it to the petitioners. Persistence pays off. It doesn't hurt to check, double and triple check for any lead you might have.

What I would really do is send a letter to Harty , AT ( if you have a few minutes to spare while you're basking in bliss :-) ).

Copy that email from GZ.

CC Adams and Donahue.

Then ask... Are the petioners currently going through the proccess going to be faced as well with such unreliable ( and obviously outdated ) information from the hi-tech / we're on top of it now- crew? We thought this department was fixing the problem.

You can do it for the heck of it and another good laugh ( I still chuckle mind you ) or can do it so it may help others.

I know I would.. for both reasons.. ;) But our case was not so screwed up like yours.. Damn... We waited longer though :unsure: