Interview Coming

My wife's interview is coming up soon, and I had a couple questions. Since I visited her over Thanksgiving break, I brought all the pay stubs and printed emails and phone call documents with me.

However, I just realized that she will go to her December 18th interview with the most recent pay stubs, emails, and phone calls dating to early November. Is this a problem, or should I fax the most updated pay stubs and such to her?

Thank you very much!

Edited by agape (see edit history)

I've saying this over and over... when it comes to evidences... the more the better...

i agree with rosyanne, evidence is very important , tax papers are to ,tax papers is what gite me and my so a blue slip , but the evidence overturned that , funny things the ask for , but , i understand they have a job to do ,good luck to you and your so B) :)

Those pay stubs will be fine for the interview. More importantly for the financial portion are the W2s (assuming you are an employee) and taxes for 2006, 2005 and 2004.

Good Luck!

How do you get 2006 taxes before her Dec 18th interview???

Anything that is "recent dated" is better in our opinion.

Being there is nice, but no time it seems.

Then. You could dive in to "07" to get "06", but hey, I have seen more impressive things. :D

Sorry about that, Yuan Yang has been up forever answering the many questions of the

new members. He said, "the most recent tax returns for the past 3 years." Hehehe ;)

Anyway, back to the topic.

If you have given her all the financials. Oh, they will ask for this in many cases.

P.S. You could be positive she knows what the docs are, and where the docs are. :P

All the documents from the P3 list, dated as such.

Fee Paid?

Medical Done?

P4 Documents completed?

Wake up call scheduled for the wife?

Good Luck!

Edited by yuan fen (see edit history)

Those pay stubs will be fine for the interview. More importantly for the financial portion are the W2s (assuming you are an employee) and taxes for 2006, 2005 and 2004.

Good Luck!

How do you get 2006 taxes before her Dec 18th interview???

Sorry, my error. Of course you won't be expected to have the 2006 taxes.

My wife's interview is coming up soon, and I had a couple questions. Since I visited her over Thanksgiving break, I brought all the pay stubs and printed emails and phone call documents with me.

However, I just realized that she will go to her December 18th interview with the most recent pay stubs, emails, and phone calls dating to early November. Is this a problem, or should I fax the most updated pay stubs and such to her?

Thank you very much!

The more-the better.A letter from your employer on buisiness stationary covers/reinforces alot of bases,but that should be in original form AND notorized (authenticity purposes).I would send it and all other doc's to her,notorized via DHL.I sent my SO a comeplete set of her "armament" for Guangzhou via DHL and it got there in 4 days.Have copies of everything.Our "stack" was about 4in. thick.I felt sorry for the "poor girl" when we had to part on the 4th floor. :D

I took all stuff, 3 years of phone records which my husband called me, emails, chats, poems my husband wrote to me, album, his boss letter....... but VO didnt want to look at them at all, just two simple questions" when and how did you know each other?" "how many time did he visit you", then said congratulations you have got your visa, but unfortunately the documentation of quitting CCP I didnt take changed the red slip into blue slip........ so man dont be so nervous, she will get visa. :)

Always good to be on the safe side. When my SO's interview is scheduled, I will bring updated Employment letter, recent paystubs, etc.

I've saying this over and over... when it comes to evidences... the more the better...

I just received my annual social security summary, and it occured to me, this would be some excellent additional financial evidence to take to interview for Kitchen sink approach.

It lists, by year, your Taxed Social Security Earnings (which is usually your Gross Income) back to the first year you worked and had SS with held.

I requested this statement from SSA some years back, and they automatically send it every year now. It is Form SSA-7005-SM-SI

EDIT: Of course, it is only through 2005

Edited by hankster (see edit history)

Hi agape, being somewhat paranoid is normal. I spent countless hours getting all documents prepared and notarized but the VO did not bother to look at any of it. Just asked my wife couple questions and then asked to see the pictures. The interview took only 3-5 minutes. My wife was given the blue slip only because her police certificate from England expired (actual certificate has no expiration date but US give it 1 year. Same for China police certificate). My wife asked the VO is she wanted to see any of my pay slips, bank statements, phone records, or others and she said no. To her what she saw on her computer was sufficient.

As long as you meet all the criterias (income, pictures, proof of relationship, and others) don't worry. You can bring the kitchen sink but most likely you will not use it and have to carry it home. Remember this, the VO is just another person, he/she looks at your file on the computer and if there is any "flags" he/she will ask for further evidence. VO has helpers who beforehand has closely check each file and "tag" anything they feel needs examination. The VO during the interview has the discretion of either asking for further evidence or not.

Once again, if you have all the i's dotted and t's crossed don't worry too much. It will be fine.

Good Luck!

Thank you very much!