Guest ShaQuaNew
Sitting back and waiting is okay for some things, but with an immigration system that is plagued with error, it's quite unwise.

I've tried doing it both ways, being active and waiting. Neither seems to matter. I just called DOS for the first time. All the lady could tell me is what I already knew. "Sir, your case has been sent to China, but there has been no activity showing on your case." It's kind of out of my hands and I have no alternative but to "WAIT" :o

You're going to have to wait regardless; Calling DOS every day won't help much, and really not much need in calling at all until you've confirmed whether or not they've picked up packages from DHL. Still, you can all DOS once a week, and ask them whether your case status has changed to "Open." After they receive paperwork back from you, the next status change will be "In Que."

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, the DHL tracking is inaccurate at best. I was positive that my package was picked up on 11/24, however, yesterday DOS informed me that my file was modified by GUZ on 11/16. That means that my package was picked up way before 11/24, and there was no way for me to know about it, tracking or not. For all you know your package may be in the embassy right now and there is no way for you to know unless DOS tells you that it was touched.

You guys can look at my timeline to see how things are tracking post-IMBRA. We received our P3 very quickly after the paper copy arrived. I think they pretty much get everything done based on the electronic copy and then send the P3 out once the paper copy arrives. This is assuming there were no problems with your file.

You guys can look at my timeline to see how things are tracking post-IMBRA. We received our P3 very quickly after the paper copy arrived. I think they pretty much get everything done based on the electronic copy and then send the P3 out once the paper copy arrives. This is assuming there were no problems with your file.

RLS

I wouldnt bet all the potatos in the field but i bet that your visa is in the same box as mine

I think giving it another week and see what happens. I am very eager to get my SO here to as well, and this waiting is painful. But I am very glad to be with you in the wait not as bad knowing your not alone.

Todd

You all make valid points and I've been around long enough now to know these things. But, sometimes it helps a little just to type it out and post it. I guess it's like when you were a little kid and you sent away for something, and you run to the mailbox each day to see if it has arrived. :doctor:

You all make valid points and I've been around long enough now to know these things. But, sometimes it helps a little just to type it out and post it. I guess it's like when you were a little kid and you sent away for something, and you run to the mailbox each day to see if it has arrived. :o

Kind of like rebate submission? :doctor:

The last rebate submission I did, I waited for 4 months and had to finally contact them and then they said they'll process it within 15 business days.

Well, FINALLY, DHL tracking says something different. It now says that my package has "departed" their facility. My package was either sent from NVC on the 17th or the 20th of Oct. In either case, both of those have "departed" from the warehouse. :D

Guest ShaQuaNew

Well, FINALLY, DHL tracking says something different. It now says that my package has "departed" their facility. My package was either sent from NVC on the 17th or the 20th of Oct. In either case, both of those have "departed" from the warehouse. :D

Very good sign. In a few days, GUZ via DOS will acknowledge receipt.

Hopefully the packages will be worked on Saturday but the dates you are seeing ARE Saturday. The delivery of the October 16 package tracks like this.

11/1/2006 9:49 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China Why is this?

9:15 am With delivery courier. Guangzhou, China

5:19 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

4:28 am Depart Facility. Guangzhou, China

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, the 17th and 20th packages say...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/9/2006 4:21 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

3:27 am Depart Facility. Guangzhou, China

It would appear that the departure was from the customs facility and arrival at the shipping warehouse which may simply mean they physically passed through a secure gate in the same building.

Until you see that it is with the delivery courier and delivered, you can't be certain but it sure looks like the package will delivered Saturday or Monday.

Edited by Duke (see edit history)

The first message I saw earlier today said the packages had "departed" the DHL facility. Now it says that they "arrived" at the facility.??? My question is, where has it been sitting all this time? I thought it was already at the DHL facility. To Arrive or Depart, THAT is the question. B)

Well, FINALLY, DHL tracking says something different. It now says that my package has "departed" their facility. My package was either sent from NVC on the 17th or the 20th of Oct. In either case, both of those have "departed" from the warehouse. :clapping:

Hopefully the packages will be worked on Saturday but the dates you are seeing ARE Saturday. The delivery of the October 16 package tracks like this.

11/1/2006 9:49 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China Why is this?

9:15 am With delivery courier. Guangzhou, China

5:19 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

4:28 am Depart Facility. Guangzhou, China

Right now, the 17th and 20th packages say...

12/9/2006 4:21 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

3:27 am Depart Facility. Guangzhou, China

It would appear that the departure was from the customs facility and arrival at the shipping warehouse which may simply mean they physically passed through a secure gate in the same building.

Until you see that it is with the delivery courier and delivered, you can't be certain but it sure looks like the package will delivered Saturday or Monday.

I've been trying to simply wait and be patient about this but you guys are making me very anxious with all this DHL tracking talk!...*lol*...I am probably either right there with you guys or about week ahead of you at best...I do hope we receive some good news soon...A P3 will be a great Christmas present...Maybe better than what I shipped her!...*lol*...

:clapping:

Edited by Signal (see edit history)

Well, FINALLY, DHL tracking says something different. It now says that my package has "departed" their facility. My package was either sent from NVC on the 17th or the 20th of Oct. In either case, both of those have "departed" from the warehouse. :clapping:

Now remember RLS, this is still a guess (albeit an educated one). Once you think your package has arrived and STAMPED by GUZ, then it's time to call DoS and confirm if your GUZ case # had its status updated to "OPEN" from "LOADED".

Let us know next week if your status has changed.

Wishing you the best!

Well, FINALLY, DHL tracking says something different. It now says that my package has "departed" their facility. My package was either sent from NVC on the 17th or the 20th of Oct. In either case, both of those have "departed" from the warehouse. :P

Now remember RLS, this is still a guess (albeit an educated one). Once you think your package has arrived and STAMPED by GUZ, then it's time to call DoS and confirm if your GUZ case # had its status updated to "OPEN" from "LOADED".

Let us know next week if your status has changed.

Wishing you the best!

how do We call DOS? to find out