Buying a clothes dryer and a dishwasher in China...

Anyway on to "other" appliance questions, mainly...HOT WATER... :unsure: I have used the overhead tank type hot water heater in China but I liked the idea of the tankless kind better. Both are readily available but laopo says the tank kinds all use electric and the tankless use gas and gas is more 'SPENSIVE... :ph34r: where is my valium Bobby???
I have experience with tankless, at dad's house, and a small, very small, electric tank at the sister-in-law's. If you have not yet experienced multiple, day or night long, or even several hours long power outages you might debate which one to choose. My dad also has a tankless up in Alaska. They are great, instantly on, instantly, or almost instantly hot and hot for as long as you got fire. For me the choice is clear. Go tankless.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the "Company Purchase Program", in China. :lol:

Yea, right!

Haier seemed to be a popular brand in China for appliances. They may offer something. If one could read Chinese, one could tell.

Haier

Dishwashers, some of these companies have a minimum order of 2 containers, :lol: but I bet they have distributors somewhere. Here is a page with a few dishwashers. The controls are at the bottom so I would have to guess it sits on a stand, and fairly compact. Something similar to what one would see in a bar setup.

Dishwasher-Disinfective-Apparatus

I had a nice whirlpool washer in CHengdu. I think it was like 1000 RMB... The buttons were all in Chinese, but it wasn't hard to figure out.

Many people told me that they had a washer that would also dry. All the dryer was, was the spin cycle. Those people were used to a washing machine with 2 drums. One was for the soaking, and the other was for the spin cycle. So, they were talking about a machine that only had one drum for both.

For 3 years, I always had the tankless gas hot water heater. The problem with them was, I couldn't change the temporature in the shower. I could only change it on the machine. With water pressure not being a constant, it was HOT/COLD/HOT/COLD... But yeah, I can see where the constant power outages would be a problem. When it is in the middle of the winter, and the power is out for 4 days, and there is no heat, I didn't mind being burned in the shower.

Well, the "Company Purchase Program", in China. :roller:

Yea, right!

Haier seemed to be a popular brand in China for appliances. They may offer something. If one could read Chinese, one could tell.

Haier

Dishwashers, some of these companies have a minimum order of 2 containers, :blink: but I bet they have distributors somewhere. Here is a page with a few dishwashers. The controls are at the bottom so I would have to guess it sits on a stand, and fairly compact. Something similar to what one would see in a bar setup.

Yeah Haier is popular and Siemens also...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the "Company Purchase Program", in China. :greenblob:

Yea, right!

Haier

Dishwashers, some of these companies have a minimum order of 2 containers, :greenblob: but I bet they have distributors somewhere. Here is a page with a few dishwashers. The controls are at the bottom so I would have to guess it sits on a stand, and fairly compact. Something similar to what one would see in a bar setup.

Yeah Haier is popular and Siemens also...

Well guys, here is a link to the Haier site with dishwashers that is the closest to the ones we use here in the US.

http://www.ehaier.com/static/category-XW/list-XW03.jsp

And here is the best translation I can do of the specifications for each corresponding type 12 model: (I couldn't load the pics onto here so everyone just have to click the above link to see what they look like)

WQP12-PFESS

List price:RMB 9900, Member price:RMB 9240

Capacity (sets):12, Wash time (min):102

Clean factor (%):98, Dimension (mm):600x600x850 depth,width,height

Energy consumption (kWh):1.05, Water consumption (L):10

Power source:220v~50Hz

High efficiency in washing and drying dishes. Low energy consumption and meets Europe's 3A standerd. Designed to operate under 49db noise level.

All stainless steel exterior construction with 2 bright LCD control panel and display panel. Upper and lower rack with individual pulse-jet wash spray. Employ "FUZZY LOGIC" with dirt sensor to automatically adjust wash cycle.

WQP12-AFM2

List price:RMB 5980, Member price:RMB 5164

Capacity (sets):12, Wash time (min):96

Clean factor (%):93, Dimension (mm):600x600x850 depth,width,height

Energy consumption (kWh):1.3, Water consumption (L):18

Stand-alone installation. Simple 1 dial and 2 button control panel. Built water heater and water softening function for cleaner dishes. Slide out racks for easy loading.

WQP12-CBE

List price:RMB 6580, Member price:RMB 5909

Capacity (sets):12, Wash time (min):102

Clean factor (%):98, Dimension (mm):570x600x820 depth,width,height

Energy consumption (kWh):1.05, Water consumption (L):20

Under counter installation with changable face panel. Built-in water heater and water softening function for cleaner dishes. Internal condensation system for a faster drying process approaching 99% dryness. Internal heating element to increase heat-up by over 30%. Has built-in timer to start wash cycle during off-peak power usage.

Pheeeeew :greenblob: , that's all the translation for now. Hope this info help!

Edited by toy_rn65 (see edit history)

Because the cost of electricty is so high in China, not many people use clothes dryers. Anyway, wouldn't you miss the smell of coal dust.

I would check on a Chinese laundry and see what they charge for doing a load of clothes.

Use a Chinese laundry... :huh: SPEND MONEY... :D And you claim to be married to a Chinese woman... :)

I have to get this energy cost thing cleared up...Laopo tells me that electricity is cheap and gas is expensive... :D I donknow... :santa: And I will check on the coal powered applainces also... :huh:

Because the cost of electricty is so high in China, not many people use clothes dryers. Anyway, wouldn't you miss the smell of coal dust.

I would check on a Chinese laundry and see what they charge for doing a load of clothes.

Use a Chinese laundry... :o SPEND MONEY... :angry: And you claim to be married to a Chinese woman... :rolleyes:

I have to get this energy cost thing cleared up...Laopo tells me that electricity is cheap and gas is expensive... :blink: I donknow... :unsure: And I will check on the coal powered applainces also... :lol:

Maybe you should buy your wife a "country girl" to take care of the house. :D

On the other hand, if you can't find what you need locally you

can check out some of the major stores in HK.

My sisters in law from GZ had to go to HK to get the baby stroller

they wanted.

Use a Chinese laundry... :o SPEND MONEY... :angry: And you claim to be married to a Chinese woman... :D

I have to get this energy cost thing cleared up...Laopo tells me that electricity is cheap and gas is expensive... :blink: I donknow... :D And I will check on the coal powered applainces also... :lol:

I don't know where skibum lives in the US, but electricty in China is definitely a lot cheaper than electricity in California. The baseline cost in Pacific Gas and Electric is 11.43 cents / megawatt. In Shanghai, my cost was .61 rmb for daytime and .30 rmb for night time per megawatt. That's so much cheaper than California cost.

But the vast majority of Chinese indeed will NOT use a dryer due to the cost of electricty. Even if you purchased a dryer for them, they'll never turn it on and use it.

I had a washer/dryer combo when I lived in Shanghai. It was a Seimen's unit. Very interesting unit. The dryer was basically an oven. There was NO fan. It was pure heat, like in an over. My clothing was basically roasted dry inside the combo unit. But it did work. Thank god I had a dryer so that I was able to wash and dry cloths whether it rained or snowed outside. :D

As for a dishwasher, buying the hardware is easy in Shanghai. But the hard part? Try finding Cascade or a Chinese version of it. It's NO WHERE to be found. I ended up buying a small package of Cascade at one of those upscale groceries targeted purely at expats working in Shanghai. The cost? 52rmb for a small package that I'd be able to buy for $1.99 in the US. :angry:

You will NOT be able to find dishwasher detergent anywhere in local Chinese groceries. I'm sure of that.

Well, 7 cents is cheap to an American but you have to look at it through Chinese eyes. My father in law volunteered to do the wash by hand rather than buy a washer. He does not allow the heat or a/c to run. But I think he is just very tight.

I have slept on damp sheets in a hotel that evidently did not have a dryer.

Roger, you will have expenses with a washer dryer.. Why not let some one else do the wash. I used to take some stuff to a laundry in NJ and it seemed reasonable.

One thing I would like to add, if you bring an appliance made for America and take it over there, remember there electric is generated at 50 cycles per second and ours is 60 cycles per second, so in turn the motor will run alittle slower, if you bring a motor from china it will run faster, when it comes to heat it really wont have an affect :D never thought of that

• 2 weeks later...

Well... Roggit, Roger, Rog, Roggie

So now you know the hole truth and nothin but the truth

"so help him/me/you Sheep"

THE EXPERT HAS SPOKEN!!

This is my take on this and JMO.

Ifin you buy a dish washer... and ifin you don't have any funds you can't use it. Its for show and tell only

Remember electricty cost to much and plus you can't buy any Cascade unless you pay 54RMB for a small package.

Geezs if I could afford a dishwasher, I could afford Cascade and the electricty to use it. "But thats JMO"

Also Roggit.... A cloths dryer is out of the question, experts say that if you buy this fine machine you will NEVER turn it on. I guess its like one of those thingies....if you buy one of these fine machines your just trying to keep up with the Yang's or Jones?

Have the wifey hang it outside to make it hard and to get coal dust

all over it and so it will not smell so good. No one in China wears cloths that smell good!! Remember to buy only the washer/dryer combo

Remember the expert said that the best!?!?

Its a funny thing I have seen a few of these fine machines in China. But then again I could have been mislead into believing that's what it was.

Kinda sorta like that pic of Don and Trigg, we was mislead into believing that was REAL!

Darn it looked real. But I guess it had been in photo shop.

But I'm not a EXPERT so I don't know for sure.

A little word of advice Roggit before you buy a new flat screen TV you had better ask the expert. Maybe folks in China buy those cardboard display models and hang them on there wall to look at?!

But then again I could have been confused or maybe having a flash back, since I'm a product of the 60's and 70's.

I thought this may help you Roggit, just incase you didn't understand.

I mean after all your from ChezWizConSin and I wanted to help you a fellow CFLer out.

I don't hold it against you for being from ChezWizConSin and that your a GOAT lover. After all someone has to live there and your FREE to LOVE GOATS. Not everone can live in TEXAS "The Lone Star State"

Bobby....