I can't sleep ! argh!

What has anybody done to get over this jet lag? I am finally here in Tinjian to marry my Aping. The first night could not sleep at all, felt so horrible in morning we cancel meeting with wedding photographer. Now it morning here again with no sleep. I tried the Chlormezanone tabs Aping got me , but did not work. I feel so bad, about not being the happy person, energetic person she knows.

thanks for any help

Also, I cannot find any milk! just what is on

sorry to hear that.. I usually don't have trouble going to china; but coming home always kicks my butt!

The only thing I've heard of (in terms of tablets) is Melatonin.. this regulates our biological clock and can help to facilitate sleep...

As for milk.. you might have to settle for yogurt in a squeeze bag.. that's very popular in my wife's hometown.

best to you two ! :)

I usually take valium to force myself to sleep on the airplane over and to force myself to sleep during the new night hours. You can try over the counter sleep medications as well. It is always best not to plan too much the first couple days after arrival. The longer you stay on the old schedule (staying up all night and long naps in the day), the longer it will take to adjust.

I don't usually like to take sleeping pills, but this is one occasion where you might want to consider taking one at night, before bed time. Wake up fresh in the morning. You're getting married, zillion things to do.. not much time on your hand.

Good luck and congratulations!!!

:lol: I'm sorry to hear of your troubles friend!...I know exactly what you mean as far as the milk thing...I can't drink milk so it is soy milk for me but I love cereal to start my day...For the first couple of days when I was in China I did not mind noodles for breakfast but after a few days I was dying for some cereal in the morning!!...I looked in some stores and even in Walmart but could not find cereal...Perhaps I just wasn't looking hard enough, not sure...My fiance didn't even know what I was talking about...*lol*..First thing I did when I got back to the U.S. was eat a nice big bowl of cereal!...

Sleep drove me crazy as well...More so on the way out than the way home...I did not sleep well there the entire trip...Did not have a good appetite most days...I thought I was catching a cold or something near the end...I made a bad habit of going back to sleep late in the morning instead of just accepting a short night's sleep...However I arrived in the U.S. on a Sunday night and was back in to work 7am the next day!... :) I had almost zero problems adjusting once I got was back home even after a short night of sleep that Sunday!...

:lol: I'm sorry to hear of your troubles friend!...I know exactly what you mean as far as the milk thing...I can't drink milk so it is soy milk for me but I love cereal to start my day...For the first couple of days when I was in China I did not mind noodles for breakfast but after a few days I was dying for some cereal in the morning!!...I looked in some stores and even in Walmart but could not find cereal...Perhaps I just wasn't looking hard enough, not sure...My fiance didn't even know what I was talking about...*lol*..First thing I did when I got back to the U.S. was eat a nice big bowl of cereal!...

Sleep drove me crazy as well...More so on the way out than the way home...I did not sleep well there the entire trip...Did not have a good appetite most days...I thought I was catching a cold or something near the end...I made a bad habit of going back to sleep late in the morning instead of just accepting a short night's sleep...However I arrived in the U.S. on a Sunday night and was back in to work 7am the next day!... :blink: I had almost zero problems adjusting once I got was back home even after a short night of sleep that Sunday!...

However I arrived in the U.S. on a Sunday night and was back in to work 7am the next day!... I had almost zero problems adjusting once I got was back home even after a short night of sleep that Sunday!...

Oh Man! How do you do it? I have to have at least an extra days rest before going back to work. I suppose it depends on your job too. :) By the way, I was in one store in Nanning and saw all kinds of cereal. :)

You can find milk, but it is in little squeeze bags and often times is flavored too. It does not need to be refridgerated, so you may just find in on the shelf too. Lots of times they will also keep it in a cooler in the stores near the yogurt. Bag is about the size of your palm (500ml) and sometimes says 3% or even 4% (fat).

Yep! Been there. I did this one time, and that is all it took.

Not that it helps now, but I usually stay up all night before I leave for a morning flight. Prep for the time change. So on the long flight, I sleep during China time. If it gets to be daytime in China in a flight, I don't sleep.

On the way back I don't sleep at all till I hit the bed at home. When I get home in the evening dead tired, sleep, then back to work the next morning real early. Then I go to work early each day until I gradually adjust back. Well, if your work schedule can do this, I mean.

Asprin is as hard as I go. Only when I get a headache, like never.

Hey! Why sleep? :huh:

Oh!, and you better go back to "yesterday yesterday" and un-cancle that meeting with the

"wedding jiao person." :D

and Milk? :blink:

do you really want to know where to find milk? Or, where it is from? :)

What has anybody done to get over this jet lag? I am finally here in Tinjian to marry my Aping. The first night could not sleep at all, felt so horrible in morning we cancel meeting with wedding photographer. Now it morning here again with no sleep. I tried the Chlormezanone tabs Aping got me , but did not work. I feel so bad, about not being the happy person, energetic person she knows.

thanks for any help

Ambien in the states, and Stilnox in China. (Same prescription drug but marketed with different names). It helps nicely for occasions such as yours.

I know its VERY HARD but do not sleep during the day even if your entire body feels like a 1000 pounds. If you only sleep at night and force yourself up all day your going to adjust to the time change in 3 days. The first day is the hardest to fall asleep. I'm saying all this and i'm up at 3:00 AM in fear of the time change for our trip November 28th! Its tough either way. I went a whole month and hardly adjusted to the time but once I forced myself awake during the day time I can adjust in 3 days or so. A full week to recover 100% of course. Good luck and enjoy yourself this the the day you waited for all your life....Enjoy!

Stilnox is what I used recently in China and Benadryl Allergy medicine which makes me very sleepy. I am usually OK after a day in China, but coming home just kicks my butt - still can't get my sleep schedule back to normal and I got home last Sat. :lol: :D

As for milk well I did find it in some restaurants, but most of the time I just used soy milk. Good luck with the wedding and photos.

thanks for any help

Ambien in the states, and Stilnox in China. (Same prescription drug but marketed with different names). It helps nicely for occasions such as yours.

Sir Lancelot,

Thanks for the info. I now use Ambien on flights. Halzion from US was too strong. Stilnox require a valid script from China?

Dave