How did you find Candle?

CFL has been a godsend for many of us, providing support, information, and friendship in a time of need. But many who could benefit from the services of this website cannot find it. If they do a search, the best they can do is find the "G7" website, which will censor even the word "candle".

I am working with P.J. to make Candle more visible to search engines and thus accessible to those mired in the visa application process. What I need from each of you is tell me how you found Candle. If you used a search engine, please list the search words that you used to find Candle (or if you came from G7, the search words you used to find G7).

Thank you all for helping to keep lit the "Candle of Love." :rolleyes:

Guest Long_strider

I used search engine words of " K-1 visa and China" and "Fiance Visa and China". These led me to g7. Someone replied to my post there suggesting I visit CFL, saying that there was more activty on CFL, than g7.

Mi

You might want to think before you make Candle open and public to Web Search Engines.

Is there any personal/private information that you and/or others might not want the world to look up?

If you do want to make it public, then really you should put it on UseNet so that it could be much more searchable and archived forever via Google>Groups (UseNet==>DejaNews==>Google>Groups).

If you want others to just know about CFL then all you would have to do is have a Web Page that has Info About CFL and submit it to the search engines.

Shi2Tou5

PS1: I still call it UseNet because it has been around since the early 80’s way before the Web (mid 90’s, technically around 1989, but really didn’t take off until mid 90’s). Internet (early 70’s)

PS2: Also, first time I saw CFL I immediately thought of Canadian Football League :rolleyes:

I found CFL from the G7 site. I think there were some creative postings of the site name. I found the G7 site from Google. This site has been so helpful to so many of us. It would be great to get the word out to more people that must be dying out there to get information and help.

If I remember correctly, I was hanging out on G7... G7 did not send me to CDL.. Someone at G7 posted something...

Sadly enough, G7 subsequently censored CDL heavily..while I was still cruising both to get the best of both. So I left. Here I am. 10 thinngies later.. LOL

Oddly enough, there hasn't been a single post on the Russian G7 in more than 3 weeks and a very very few on the China G7, maybe 4 a week top.

Guess everybody migrated. :o

Like many others above, I did a Google search for "visa delays" and "fiance visas", found G7 and then came over from there.

dave

Same here. I remember PJ posting something to the effect that he appreciated the space on the G7 board, but it was time for the Chinese group to have a board of their own.