Weekly call to DOS

Just made my weekly call to dos. The lady said I was the 3rd person this morning to call with a case at Guangzhou who was eligible for interview but no date yet. What's up with them she said.. Yes¡­ welcome to my nightmare :o

Haha, add me to that list. I think they must know me by now up at the DOS office. They keep telling me different things about my case, like today, the gentleman told me the case is being processed and at the same time, is waiting for an interview date to be scheduled. WTF?

Just made my weekly call to dos. The lady said I was the 3rd person this morning to call with a case at Guangzhou who was eligible for interview but no date yet. What's up with them she said.. Yes¡­ welcome to my nightmare :o

Stephen, I hope you get your interview soon. Keep at them. Good luck.

I am in the same boat. I keep calling, and my application keeps sitting (completed, yet no interview).

What the hell! :o

GUZ always has a backlog due to the low number of staff to work the forms. It's been that way for years now.

Yep it has, remember GZ doesn't have the motto "Have it your way." ;)

The time processing at GZ has improved in the past 2 years, but with the delay caused by IMBRA and then a large number of applications being released close together it's bound to have slowed things down.

It will happen, but that is real hard to hear when you are waiting. It's like watching grass grow.

GUZ may have improved but the overall processing times seem to run about the same as 2 years ago. My non-scientific scan of timelines was that the K visas took about 9 to 13 months and the CR visas ran 12 to 16 months.

What GUZ giveth, USCIS taketh... :sosad:

Yup. I noticed that too. Our long stay was at CSC then a fast turn at NVC. It's a hurry up to wait in the next line game.

Yup. I noticed that too. Our long stay was at CSC then a fast turn at NVC. It's a hurry up to wait in the next line game.

Yep.. that"s exactly how it is... but the real kicker is, every other consulate in the world can process the case in the time it takes Guz to receive the mail. Except for maybe mambuia or whatever, as Don says :sosad: The "Guz" time makes the process even worse...

IMO this has everything to do with politics and how the Republicans handle tax cuts. Instead of raising taxes, they cut or remove services. Talk to any Federal employee and they will confirm what I am saying. My son is in the Air Force has complained for several years about the staffing or shortage thereof. He often times works 12 to 16 hour shifts in an office to cover for personel shortage. In West Palm Beach when we went for the Biometrics, there must have been 100 people waiting, but just 3 people actually doing the Biometrics. I doubt GZ is alone when it comes to shortage of people to process our applications. Don't blame the people in GZ. Blame the government.

Oh no I don't blame Guz. I think they do the best with what they have. When I attended the ACH last April I saw what they had to deal with. Problem is they don't have enough to deal with it.

IMO this has everything to do with politics and how the Republicans handle tax cuts. Instead of raising taxes, they cut or remove services. Talk to any Federal employee and they will confirm what I am saying. My son is in the Air Force has complained for several years about the staffing or shortage thereof. He often times works 12 to 16 hour shifts in an office to cover for personel shortage. In West Palm Beach when we went for the Biometrics, there must have been 100 people waiting, but just 3 people actually doing the Biometrics. I doubt GZ is alone when it comes to shortage of people to process our applications. Don't blame the people in GZ. Blame the government.